iLendingDIRECT Logo

iLendingDIRECT

7.7

LAST UPDATED: October 11th, 2021

Every month, iLendingDIRECT helps thousands of people refinance their auto loans by connecting them with various banks and credit unions in its network. An iLendingDIRECT loan can save you an average of $144 per month.

Something to keep in mind before working with iLendingDIRECT is the company's qualifications. You will need to have a credit score of at least 560 to be eligible for refinancing and you must be at least 18 years of age or the state minimum (whichever is higher). Loan amounts are from $7,500 to $80,000.

iLendingDIRECT is a Better Business Bureau accredited business, a multi-year winner in the Denver Business Journal Top Places to Work, winner of the 2018 Better Business Bureau Torch Awards for Business Ethics in the large business category, and one of the Inc. 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation.

Keep reading for pros and cons, and iLendingDIRECT reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Lower-Than-Average Interest Rates
  • Good Option for High-Mileage Vehicles
  • No Fees
  • Dedicated Loan Consultant
  • iLendingDIRECT Gives Back

Lower-Than-Average Interest Rates

iLendingDIRECT offers rates as low as 1.99 percent, much lower than the industry average and other competing auto refinance companies. For example, Auto Approve offers rates as low as 2.25 percent and RefiJet offers rates as low as 2.74 percent.

The company works with a variety of banks and credit unions, allowing you to pick the best lender and rates for your needs. Plus, once you find a lower rate, iLendingDIRECT will lock that rate in for the complete loan term, resulting in predictable and affordable payments month after month.

Good Option for High-Mileage Vehicles

iLendingDIRECT is a good option for those with high-mileage vehicles. The company will consider auto loan refinance applications for vehicles with up to 150,000 miles.

No Fees

The company does not charge an application fee, origination fee, or prepayment fee.

Dedicated Loan Consultant

iLendingDIRECT strives to create real and personal relationships with each of its customers by assigning a personal loan consultant to each client. Consultants are there to answer questions, negotiate rates, and find the best auto refinance loan option for you.

All of iLendingDIRECT's loan consultants go through an extensive six-week training program to learn how they can better assist clients and provide superior customer service.

iLendingDIRECT Gives Back

In 2009, iLendingDIRECT created The Butterfly Foundation, an organization committed to supporting people who have suffered severe loss, illness, or other hardship. The foundation has helped widows, cancer survivors, children and families, and has given away over $100,000 to individuals and charities.

The Bad

• No Loan Terms Available Online
  • Long Application Process
  • Must Have a Verifiable Source of Income

No Loan Terms Available Online

Loan terms offered by iLendingDIRECT are not available on its website because terms will vary depending on your credit situation, your vehicle, and the lender that you choose from the company's network. However, because iLendingDIRECT works with multiple lenders this means that you will be evaluated on more than just your credit score, and you will be able to choose the best lending option for you.

Long Application Process

While iLendingDIRECT offers an online form to begin your auto refinancing journey, some consumers may be frustrated with the overall process.

Getting a quote from iLendingDIRECT starts with consumers entering in some general contact details, vehicle details, and loan details. However, when filling out the form, keep in mind that your vehicle must be a 2009 or newer, or have fewer than 150,000 miles on it, and you must have more than $7,500 remaining on your current car loan.

After entering the information, you will then receive an email stating that your personal loan consultant will be in contact with you in the next 24 hours. During this call, you'll need to be ready to discuss your financial goals and reasons for refinancing, personal information, including current employment, your vehicle information, as well as your current loan information.

This may be frustrating to some people, as other companies will simply generate a list of all possible options and allow users to browse the loan options online immediately after entering their information. This format is generally preferred since it also allows users to view multiple options and compare rates, term lengths, and monthly payments without having the pressure of a company representative waiting for an answer.

Must Have a Verifiable Source of Income

iLendingDIRECT only considers borrowers who have a verifiable source of income, but the company does not disclose a minimum annual income requirement.

The Bottom Line

iLendingDIRECT is a national leader in auto refinancing. While the company has several additional services, such as GAP Waiver and extended warranties, iLendingDIRECT specializes in auto loan refinancing, but could be your one stop for various auto needs.

Consumers should keep in mind that a credit score of at least 560 is required and you need to be 18 years or older to qualify.

The company doesn't have an origination fee and is a great option for those with high-mileage vehicles. In addition, iLendingDIRECT has competitively low interest rates, as low as 1.99 percent APR, allowing you to save more money on monthly payments and throughout your refinancing experience as a whole. Based on these offerings and majority positive customer reviews, we recommend iLendingDIRECT for your auto loan refinancing needs.

5.0

Consuelo Esperon Houston, TX

This company approved me of lower interest rate compared to big companies. Chase L was very efficient and professional that the transitional process was very smooth. I look forward to have my other car refinanced from this company again soon.

Jessica Glacken Orlando, FL

Chase L helped me get my car refinanced. He was so helpful, professional, quick to respond to any question or concern I had. He made the process super easy!

Kameron Lutcken Florence, SC

Jalen J was incredibly professional, helpful and on point. It made for an incredibly smooth refinance over the phone. I really appreciate the hard work he put in speaking with my insurance and helping me every step of the way.

Mike Rosman, NC

Well in my experience I dealt with a gentleman by the name of Tyler M, he was awesome all the way through the process. Got me the lower rate and a better car payment than I could ever imagine in my life. It seems like it only took maybe five business days for him to do everything from start to finish. So I would say it's a good company very fast especially when dealing with Mr M.

Jen Coventry, RI

Had a great experience with Jalen who walked me through the whole process. He helped me find the refinance loan that was right for me, and had all the paperwork squared away in a matter of days.

Harry Donell Alford Houston, TX

Jalen has been with me thru the whole process, now that's what I call personal care and I will recommend him to all services!

Sylvia Edwards Garland, TX

This was effortless to do. The rep (Jalen) made the process easy and was there to answer any of my questions. I'd recommend anyone to try.

Clarisse Daniel Waco, TX

I had a great experience. I was able to get a lower rate for my car loan, way better than I expected. Jalen Johnson was awesome with getting everything done and made the process seamless. He explained everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I would definitely recommend to anyone to use iLending for their financial needs.

Kevin Cavanaugh Detroit, MI

Received a mailer from ILendingDirect,called and Jalan Johnson answered and started the process to refinance my car.He was very knowledgeable,professional,and friendly.He made the process very easy.I am very satisfied with the process.I will recommend ILendingDirect to anyone that needs to refinance.

Phillip Stortchak Jacksonville, FL

Great experience, I didn’t really expect to get my car refinanced for anything spectacular, but I did. On top of that I was even able to get my other vehicle refinanced for better than I got it within the few months of ownership! My Guy Jalen did a great job with helping me out, and portrayed exquisite customer service. I will be recommending iLending to anyone I know looking to refinance their vehicles. Thanks!

Anthony Shuck Phoenix, AZ

Men, Where do I get started. Shouts out to Jalen J. for some of the fastest, most tentative customer service. I have ever received. The man was on the ball with everything in a matter of days was able to drop my interest rate by 4% saving me a total of $87 a month. #givethatmanaraise it was a pleasure working with you can wait to work with you again.

Delando Clowney ,

Agent (Minh B.) was very helpful and Adamant in getting my Jeep refinance. With over 20 to 30 companies calling for my services. Some how, when I spoke with Minh B. I knew Minh ,would get the job done; for me. Minh B. was overly professional. Also, was highly knowledgeable, about any questions, I asked. To be honest, Minh enlighten me about the refinance, process and logistics before; I could ask. Minh handled all documents. All, I literally had to do was look at my text messages. Do what was asked for Minh updated me about everything. I never had to call. Also, was very patient with me. If anyone needs help and you see this review, I personally, recommend Minh B. CALL AND ASK FOR Minh B.

Robert R Mcdermott Phoenix, AZ

My name is Robert and the rep was a Jalen J... Originally had a new car which I owed 28k after interest! And he fought hard for me.. I was in a way upside down car! After few days and rejections he stayed in there n found a real bank to give me 4 percent interest rate n got dealership to give me back gap money later!! I couldn't believe it went from a horrible 430 month to 226 month, and a car that isn't upside down. I was nerve racked until call came in with new bank info and all!! People I'm serious this is a real story, Jalen J he's a go- getter and cool too. Didn't add anything to contract just straight shooter. Jesus people 28k for a car I'm now paying 13.5 k for approx...yeah that's how bad my car was upside down and as you can do math it wasn't easy for Jalen either..man Jalen and ilending you guys saved me money and hours in week to chill real stuff guys. Everyone this is real ask for Jalen please he's good heck ilending in general and somebody give him a raise he's good for ilending!! Still shocked guys can't believe it lol..what a week n what a day. Thanks guys and ty Jalen very good man...

Pamela White Minneapolis, MN

At first it was not good however Jaylen was AWESOME! He answered every question and if he missed my call he would get back to me in a timely manner.

Frank Guevara ,

I had sought other refinance options elsewhere but was unsuccessful until I tried iLendingDIRECT. Within a few days I had received a great refinance option that cut my interest rate over 50%. The customer service I received from Jalen was exceptional - at every step of the process, he was available to answer my questions and walk me through what I needed to complete. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with iLendingDIRECT.

Thomas Allen Chicago, IL

They helped me throughout the entire process.... even with issues we had....alot of the help I received was from Jalen J I don't have any dislikes

Brittany Keller Indianapolis, IN

I like that any questions I had were answered immediately and everything was explained so that I understood!

JK Miller Canandaigua, NY

Jalen J was great to work with. He was quick to respond to my questions, explained everything and told me what to except

Melissa Monasterio Lake Wales, FL

It was a smooth and easy process. Our representative Jalen was amazing to work with, knew the ins and outs of refinancing. Over all amazing experience!

Jesse Pllumaj Sterling Heights, MI

How amazing is this guy. I was killing myself paying 2 very high interest rate car loans and he got me refinanced for 3 times less! Thank you so much very highly recommend Jaleen to everyone.

D Ruther Glen, VA

I took a chance and filled out your online form and within 10 minutes one of your representatives called me. Jalen J was a pleasure to work with, he helped me get the best deal

Erik Chicago, IL

I had been speaking to a few firms and iLendingDIRECT was by far the best. I worked with Minh. His relaxed approach, time and consideration got me in the door (so to speak). He made a complex process simple, quick and helped me achieve a better outcome than expected. Wonderful experience for overall!

Tanya Faulk Houston, TX

It was a easy process! My Agent Jalen was easy to work with and took care of each necessary step!I am going to let my friends and family know that this is a great company to do business with! Thanks Jalen you did a great job!

Diana Weber Bismarck, ND

Excellent customer service! I worked with Konrad C. and he was so helpful! Every time I had a question he’d respond immediately. During our refinance process, and even after it was completed, he would make sure all our needs were met and all our questions were answered. I highly recommend Konrad and iLendingDIRECT!

Irvin Lopez ,

Alex B. handled my auto refinance and It was the easiest stress-free process I have experienced. I am very happy with the outcome and how detailed he was explaining each step. I definitely recommend iLendingDirect. If you get Alex, even better!

Virgilfishing ,

j as fast and professional. Very easy to work with.(knows his stuff). I tried another lender I'm texas and spent three weeks trying to get it done. Said forget it when they requested the same documents already submitted. J had everything done in one day. Amazing. Will recommend to my friends. Thank you very much.

Andrea Evans Shreveport, LA

I will never use anyone else for vehicle financing or refinancing. This was by far the best experience ever. Jalen helped me and I couldn’t have asked for a better associate. FYI this not a payed review. Don’t waste time call today! You’ll be happy you did! I haven’t been able to quit smiling since I did. Andrea (actual customer) in Louisiana

Dawn Ferretti Phoenix, AZ

I have NEVER been so impressed with the service I have received. I work in customer service and I am so grateful for the service I got with Karlie H. Not only did she help me but she listened to me and cares about what I was looking for. I already gave 2 people here name and number that were looking for help. She was card ng helpful and supportive the best hole time. I can even express my gratitude towards her. To more people a paycheck is a paycheck but just talking to her on the phone I can tell she wants the best for the customer!! Thank you over and over again for being so amazing!!!

Harveytwin One Owings Mills, MD

Jalen was the representative assigned to assist me with my auto refinance. He was extremely professional; knowledgeable and attentive. He took the time to go over the process with me; walking me through every step. He provided both his email address and cellphone to address any concerns or questions I may have had. He responded within seconds to calls, text and emails. As a Subject Matter Expert he was able to give me advice without being pushy or aggressive on my concerns regarding my choice of a loan term. He respected my decision to decline the gap/ warranty products after sharing the various options. The process was painless, quick and smooth with Jalen’s exceptional guidance! Thanks again!

Corina Adamson Philadelphia, PA

Chase was awesome to work with! Very professional and always friendly. He also went out of his way to help me and be sure that all of my questions were answered!

Marcie Kruse , IL

The whole refi process was quick and painless! Our Rep Chase was outstanding. I would highly recommend Ilending for all refi needs. The Rep was with me through the whole process. There were no hidden fees or lies being told

Hunter Horton ,

At first I really wasn't too sure if I wanted to refinance my vehicle but Mr. Jalen J got me the rates I was really looking for. He was very helpful and made the financial part of it all very easy and stress free. I would definitely recommend anyone looking to finance or refinance their vehicle to talk to him.

Chaira Fortney Denver, CO

I have tried to refinance my car twice before this and this time it was fast and smooth. Jalen Did an amazing job at making sure I was taken care of and that I got a good deal. Will definitely be recommending you guys to everyone I know

Alicia Concord, GA

The process was so easy and simple! Very fast service as well!

Patrick FitzGerald Mesa, AZ

Very quick, very easy, wouldn’t have rather talked to anyone else.

Kris Fierro El Paso, TX

I was looking to switch from Citizens One (Terrible). I used iLendingDirect and someone contacted me within a few hours. The quote took less than 20 min. which is great when you're juggling other tasks. Jalen, the associate who helped me refinance, was very patient and helpful. All of my questions were answered as needed and I was able to call personally and reach my contact directly rather than be placed on a long wait time. The best part however, is the money I will now save:)

Tony Garcia Fort Worth, TX

My loan officer was Jalen J. He was very helpful And explained the process very helpful and understanding would definitely recommend Him.

Jana Phoenix, AZ

Let’s just say the refinance experience was a breeze thanks to Jalen. iLendingDIRECT has great employees to serve you. You can’t go wrong.

Raymond Pilkington Hollywood, FL

The service was good, they went out of their way to help. I am 1 very satisfied customer! I would refer them to everyone I know. Thank you for everything.

Jason Mayorga Katy, TX

IlendingDirect is fast and easy. It took me about 3 hours to complete my refinance. And just wait for the approval it's only a 2 day wait 👍 great customer service, great help great company.

alex avalos Las Vegas, NV

Jalen was our rep and he was awesome from start to finish!!! Honestly our new loan is not exactly what we wanted but it’s soooooo much better than what we had!!! I appreciate all of your work Jalen!!! Thank you

Abelia Mendoza ,

What my spouse and I liked best about the company was how great they communicated with us and how well the explained every step of the process. I can’t really say I disliked anything of the company. Highly recommended!

Leslie Busher Canton, GA

Jalen did an excellent job of helping me, my daughter and my parents refinance our vehicles. He provided quotes quickly, His instructions were clear when he needed something from me and the overall process was easy. Thank you Jalen for helping me and my family save money.

Amanda Clark Milwaukee, WI

Jalen made this process a breeze! Thanks

Shiba Dash Fremont, CA

My loan is still in process. I am working with an agent name Eric. He is good and explaining to me the details that I need. He responds to my call immediately every time I call him. I am in the final step of sending my POA documents. Will write my next review after my loan get processed.

Angelique Murphy Dallas, TX

Jalen was the agent that assisted me and he was awesome. He made the process so easy and he was able to get me exactly what I asked for. He is just totally amazing and I’m so thankful for him. He saved me so much money in the long run. Great job Jalen. I’m so happy with my new loan.

Kimberly McCarthy Brandon, MS

Jalen was very professional and saved me almost $100 a month on my car payment. The whole application was very quick and simple and Jalen provided guidance every step of the way. I also appreciated the honesty and straight-forward way everything was presented.

Jason m East Palestine, OH

Carli helped me and 5 star service. She was very patient with my schedule and made the process even more painless than I thought possible , and atop got an even better interest rate than expected thank you carli .nothing better than great service and saving even more money :))))

Christie Campbell Glendale, AZ

We had the best experience. We had a complicated refi to say the least. We had Jason and Chris helping us and they were both very professional and Walked us through the entire process. Even though it was a complicated refi, it was completed within a week and a half. Much faster than we anticipated.

Becky Norman Houston, TX

Ed L was my loan consultant and went over and above to help process my auto refinancing. He was professional, cordial, knowledgeable and diligent while working on my loan. When he got stuck on an issue, Travis stepped in to help push it through. I have nothing but praise for iLending Direct!!