Best Company Guarantee AUTOPAY Logo

AUTOPAY

8.8

LAST UPDATED: May 12th, 2022

AUTOPAY provides direct-to-consumer financing and refinancing for individuals looking for the best financing terms and a no-hassle transaction.

search

Highlight: AUTOPAY rates and terms

• Rates — as low as 1.99%
  • Minimum income requirement — $2,000 per month ($24,000 annually)
  • Minimum credit score — 600
  • Loan amounts — $2,500–$100,000
  • Loan terms — 24–84 months
  • No Social Security needed for prequalification
  • Loan offers are good for 30 days

Continue reading for a full review of this auto refinance company, or jump down to Autopay reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Refinancing Options
  • Get Rates Instantly
  • Low Minimum Credit Score
  • Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

Multiple Refinancing Options

AUTOPAY offers multiple types of refinancing:

• Traditional refinancing — lower your interest rate, reduce your monthly payment, shorten the length of your loan, and find a lender that better fits your needs
  • Cash back refinancing — get as much as $12,000 cash back and use funds to pay high interest debt
  • Lease payoff refinancing — keep a car you are currently leasing at the end of your term and even pay off the lease early

With these options you can more easily tailor your refinancing experience to your specific needs and circumstances. It is important to note that not all auto refinance lenders offer cash back refinancing or lease buyouts.

Get Rates Instantly

No matter the reason you're refinancing your vehicle, AUTOPAY works hard to make the process short, simple, and entirely online.

To start, you will need to provide some basic information. This includes things like your name and whether you're applying alone or with a co-borrower. You'll also be asked to provide your address, previous address, current employment status, and information about the vehicle and your existing loan.

Once all the e-paperwork is filled out, AUTOPAY will present a list of loan offers from different loan lenders.

Low Minimum Credit Score

With a minimum credit score requirement of approximately 600, AUTOPAY recognizes that not everyone will have a perfect credit score, and is committed to helping everyone refinance their auto loan. AUTOPAY will work with you to get the best rates possible.

Prequalify with no Impact to Your Credit Score

To see your rates, AUTOPAY does a soft credit inquiry or a soft pull (which does not affect your credit score). This is great for those who are merely comparing quotes and shopping around before committing to an auto refinancing loan.

Once you select a loan offer with AUTOPAY, then a hard credit pull is required.

The Bad

• Not a Direct Lender
  • No Refund Policy

Not a Direct Lender

While it isn't necessarily a bad thing that AUTOPAY isn't a direct lender, processing and underwriting loans in-house, it does have a few drawbacks: rates are subject to change depending on the lender you choose from AUTOPAY's network, and fees may also vary.

However, refinancing through a marketplace lender, such as AUTOPAY, does provide you with greater flexibility in finding the best loan option for your needs. But it is important that you reasearch your chosen lender to know what fees and terms they might have.

No Refund Policy

AUTOPAY has a no refund policy. Don't expect any refunds to be provided for payments made to your AUTOPAY account.

The Bottom Line

AUTOPAY is a good option for anyone who has recently improved their credit score and would like to start their search on a refinancing company.

AUTOPAY is not a lender, but is a lender marketplace (meaning you fill out a form and will receive offers from multiple lenders in AUTOPAY's credit union network). Most auto refinancing companies operate under the same model, providing a borrower with the ability to view and compare various refinancing loans and rates. A benefit or working with AUTOPAY is that a list of lenders will be populated after you enter your information online. Many other companies require a phonecall with a company representative before a borrower can access a list of lenders.

After submitting your application, AUTOPAY will do a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit score. If you choose to work with a lender, then a hard credit pull is required.

There are currently no AUTOPAY customer reviews, and so we are not in a position to recommend this company at this time. If you have refinanced an auto loan through AUTOPAY, please leave a review about your experience to help future consumers.

bestcompany guarantee

Best Company guarantees your satisfaction if you choose a company that has earned this distinction. If you're not satisfied after 30 days, simply let us know and we'll give you $100. Yes, it's really that simple.

Learn More

bookmark

Featured Review

Linard B Feaster Richmond, TX

Auto Pay was able to approve me in minutes. I am very pleased with my lower interest rate and the money saved. It was a quick and easy process for a refinance. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from AUTOPAY

What great feedback! Thank you, Linard!

Jul. 15th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Angel North Las Vegas, NV

Zero issues, great customer service, easy step by step process. Patience is a great deal when it comes to working with people and they have it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Angel! We are glad you had such a great experience, thank you!

Jul. 30th, 2021

Avree Gaston Hartford, MI

Very helpful and friendly staff! They were very attentive in making sure I had the best rates and getting everything gathered that I needed to move onto the next step!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the great review, Avree! Great rates and great service are what we always strive for.

Alysha Desert Hot Springs, CA

There was a "mix up" with my apr which I wasn't told until all documents were signed the rep was very nice apologetic and communicated well when issues came up but I still haven't received my welcome package and I have a payment due in 3 days have no idea how to make it

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize, as this is not the experience we strive for here at AUTOPAY. If you wish, we would be more than happy to address your questions or concerns as well. Please call us at 844-290-5731 when you are ready.

Carlos Mora Santa Rosa, CA

First loan didn't work out, but Autopay didn't give up on me. After a second attempt, we got the loan we were going for.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your experience, Carlos. We always try to find you a deal, even if we need to try again.

Jonathan hoffman Brookline Station, MO

Made the refinance process so easy. Marion went above and beyond to helpe out with any and all questions in a timely manner!

Reply from AUTOPAY

We always enjoy seeing feedback like this! Thank you Jonathan for choosing AUTOPAY!

Carlo Flores Long Beach, CA

Easy to use, quick response, and the most amicable loan agent. Thank you Kevin! You were patient and got the job done!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Than you for your business, Carlo! We'll pass this along to Kevin for you.

Olivia J Harlow Morganton, NC

Autopay was awesome from day one! They got us a lower rate and payment. They were efficient and even helped us with getting a notary when there was an error. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend these kind and courteous individuals to handle your refinancing needs. Always there to answer questions and they kept me up to date all through out the process. I say go for it!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Olivia! I'm so glad we were able to provide such an excellent experience.

Sabrina Silva Caruthers, CA

I applied for a refinance with AUTOPAY and I was assisted by Jeffrey throughout the entire process. He made everything clear and quick. This is an experience where I can truly say that I was helped along every step of the way to achieve my goal of refinancing. Thank you Jeffrey and AUTOPAY for making it possible in getting a loan with a low APR that I wanted.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is a wonderful review, Sabrina! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. We will follow up wit you loan specialist to make sure he gets the awesome feedback. Thanks for choosing AUTOPAY!

Denise Baque Fresh Meadows, NY

They were very friendly, resourceful and helpful. I would highly recommend their services to my friends

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your experience with AUTOPAY!

Jacqualine Wofford West Palm Beach, FL

They were professional and very informative. They really made me feel that they were working for me and had my best interests at heart. And the results proved such theory. They worked fast and efficiently, never leaving me to question what was going on. And the process was complete within a week. I was truly impressed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for sharing your great experience, Jacqualine!

Brittany Nichols Canton, MS

AUTOPAY got the job done. So when I started this process, I had no idea what I was doing but the representative I worked with was impeccable. He kept me in the loop about every detail. When I found out what my new rate would be, I couldn't have been happier. They were able to provide me with better than what I knew I needed. I 100% recommend.

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is such a wonderful review, Brittany! Please just let us know if we can help with anything else.

Drew Daigrepont Alexandria, LA

This company came through when I needed it most. I have been able to refinance my vehicle over $200 lower than my previous bill! They're reporting to the credit bureau each month so that's an added bonus! Ease of online payments are a plus as well.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm glad we were able to find you some awesome savings, Drew! Thank you for your review.

Tamara wilham

Everyone was great. Kept me informed and relatively easy process.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm glad we were able to get the deal done so quickly, Tamara! Please let us know if we can be of more help.

Terisse Walker Jr Lancaster, CA

My Lease Buyout loan process was very thorough, my loan officer kept me informed. Fantastic

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the great review, Terisse! I'm glad we could make the process as simple as possible.

Rodrigo Roa Garland, TX

Well I never got a call in regards wen my account was funded or if my other account was close or a welcome call would have been nice

Christopher A Banks Fishers, IN

Fast and easy refinance with a staff that offers great customer service. They take most of the work in the background making it painless to the customer. Noninvasive communication with you the customer via text messages, so you are not inconvenienced at work or your personal time. Great value for your money and great quality of service that lets you rest at ease during your loan agreement. Thank you Autopay for making a loan the way a loan should be handled and setting the bar high for everyone else out there. Giving the service that a consumer deserves and realizing that the customer is what pays your paychecks and making them your priority first.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for leaving such a thoughtful review, Christopher! This is absolutely wonderful to hear. Thank you again for choosing AUTOPAY, and just reach out if we can help with anything at all!

Dec. 10th, 2021

Sarah Riggs Portsmouth, OH

Chris W was awesome he was very professional and things went exactly the way he said they would I was very happy with the service thank you Sarah Riggs

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic!, Thank you Sarah for sharing your experience!

Michael Parker Oviedo, FL

They, though not like any finance company I've dealt with in the past,were easy to work with. Most importantly, AutoPay came through with a great low refi rate for me.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We appreciate the great review, Michael!

Mikey Johnstown, PA

It's a long process. Definitely doesn't happen overnight, but it does happen. It's hard to get someone to respond to your texts sometimes as well. For the most part they're pretty good. Couldn't really help too much on the rates though, I only got my payment lowered about 40 bucks but it's better than nothing.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm sorry to hear there was a delay, and that you had trouble contacting us, Mikey! If you would like to discuss your experience, our agents would be happy to go over it with you. Our number is 844-290-5731 and we hope to hear from you!

Francois Fleurentin New York, NY

My experience with AutoPay was very courteous, friendly, reliable and trustworthy to help me accomplish my goals by looking for me as a first time customer in order to get the best and a better deal in a very professional manner that I didn't expect it.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the awesome review, Francois! We're so glad we could find a great deal for you.

Apr. 19th, 2022

Elmarys Maldonado New Port Richey, FL

Absolutely a wonderful experience! Everything went super smooth, all my questions were answered and I was able to refinance my vehicle quickly! So happy I got to work with them

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for your business, Elmarys!

Levester Schaumburg, IL

I feel like the process should have been done faster than it was. It took 2 months to complete. I submitted all of the required documents but there were a lot of errors on Autopays part. I was required to submit them again further extending the process. It was smooth and not too much of a hassle. I would give them 4-5 stars for the loan transition but there were too many avoidable mistakes being made.

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm so sorry to hear about the significant delay with your loan, Levester! The customer service team would love to hear more about your experience if you would like to share. Please just give us a call at 844-290-5731.

Estela Flores Las Vegas, NV

Brennan was super awesome and supported me every step of the way.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the great review, Estela!

Maurice P Locklear Pembroke, NC

There's always room for improvement ! They were courteous and professional in all they did for me and done it in a timely manner.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for choosing AUTOPAY, Maurice!

Jessica Ajagha Houston, TX

Easy process and friendly service. Thought they were my finance company. Lol but they're did help me find them. Will definitely use them again.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for leaving a review, Jessica! I'm glad we could make the process so easy.

Sandy Tharp Muncie, IN

The process of working with AUTOPAY was was easy. Luther, the representative was professional and friendly. He was prompt answering my questions and kept me informed along the way.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for the review, Sandy. We only hire the best!

May. 2nd, 2022

LeAnn Rene Edwards Port Charlotte, FL

Super easy to deal with and very understanding. I really liked that I could communicate via text....I feel like that gave me a more personal experence with my loan officer.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We're happy to communicate where you're most comfortable, LeAnne! Thanks for refinancing with us.

Carolyn [email protected] Sedalia, MO

You waited till everything was done before you told me you were raising the interest I would not have finished or signed the paperwork. It came across as being sneaky and h6

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for reaching out, Carolyn! Since you've left your email address, our customer success team will reach out to you directly to seek a resolution. Thank you for your review!

Zachary Pfriem Cincinnati, OH

Customer Review Video

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the awesome review, Zachary! We'll pass this along to Lorenzo for you.

Judith jaggie Poca, WV

They don't stop trying to help get you a loan

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for choosing AUTOPAY, Judith!

Francisco Rivera West Covina, CA

Because it's Easier service and I recommend to my friends

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the recommendation, Francisco! If any of them end up refinancing, please let us know so we can send you a small reward.

Jorge Fuentes Staten Island, NY

Amazing seamless experience and just what I needed.

Reply from AUTOPAY

Perfect! Thank you,! We appreciate you sharing!

Pat Ottley Poway, CA

They explained things timely and a way I could understand

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for the awesome review, Pat!

jewell hubbard Philadelphia, PA

They made sure they communicate on every step of the way

Reply from AUTOPAY

Our goal is always to make sure you're informed every step of the way, Jewell! Thank you for refinancing with AUTOPAY!

Justin T Helmick Morgantown, WV

Took a little longer then expected but great customer experience

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you,! Customers are first! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Frances Somoza Tucson, AZ

Because my loan was funded and my current loan has not been paid out. It's been since 4/28.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We apologize, as this is not the experience we strive for here at AUTOPAY. We did reach out and left a message for you to give us a call so we can address any concerns you might have. Thank you.

Nancy storti Tehachapi, CA

Horrible my bill went 24 thousand to 27 thousand at this rat I will never be able to pay the car off I wish to drop the gap ins and the Warranty

Reply from AUTOPAY

Hello Nancy. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize, as this is not the experience we strive for here at AUTOPAY. We did reach out and left a message for you to call us back to address your concerns. Thank you.

Rick schock Kokomo, IN

They were able to get me financed when even my credit union told me no...it's not a real fast process, and you have to be patient since they are really busy...and I can see why. I am currently having them refinance another vehicle since I was so impressed with the deal they got me the first time...

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review, Rick! I'm sorry the process couldn't be a little faster, but I'm thrilled to hear that we've gotten your recommendation and repeat business. Thank again for refinancing with AUTOPAY!

Dec. 8th, 2021

Tasha Martin Tempe, AZ

Customer Review Video

Reply from AUTOPAY

Tasha, I'm so happy to hear that everything went so well! Thank you for refinancing with AUTOPAY, and please just let us know if we can be of any other help.

Dec. 6th, 2021

Edward Garland, TX

Honestly I was trying to just lower my apr percentage it was sky high at a 24.3 because I was a first time buyer not a lot of credit history so I waited for a year and really couldn't find the options I was looking for I actually applied before but was getting rejected an employee told me to just give it time I had a great score I just needed more time to add to history of credit and I did that and was accepted so thank you to him!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Great to hear we were able to help you save! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Oct. 25th, 2021

Colette Mesa, AZ

Refinanced my car, was a quick and easy 2 week process. The loan specialist walked me through everything and made sure all of my questions were answered thoroughly. Never had to wait on hold or anything like that. I could just contact the loan specialist directly and they'd respond immediately with any concerns I had. Would highly recommend Autopay !

Reply from AUTOPAY

Fantastic! Colette, Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sep. 24th, 2021

Shante Miller Chesapeake, VA

They were fast easy and reliable. They took care of everything for me all I have to do really was sign.

Reply from AUTOPAY

We're thrilled to get this awesome feedback, Shante! Thanks for your review.

Julio Queen Creek, AZ

Fast and friendly and have plenty of knowledge in what they doing to help customer get the loans they need

Reply from AUTOPAY

This is awesome to hear, Julio! We're always happy to help.

Donna Midland, TX

Very caring professional staff. My financial representative was absolutely amazing understanding and made sure I understood the entire process

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment, Donna! I'm so glad we could help.

Jonathan kemp Augusta, GA

Very quick perfect, professional experience. The guy who helped me was very nice and very patient with me. I appreciate everything!

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you so much for sharing, Jonathan! Very happy to help.

James R Consalvo Stuart, FL

Because they did a great job and getting this handled and taken care of and so far everything they've said has worked out and go on that way

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thank you for the kind words, James!

David Cockeysville, MD

Customer service is awesome. Very knowledgeable and respectful. My concern was resolved within a short time of no wait in line. Thanks

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for sharing, David! We are always ready to help.

Magnolia High Point, NC

The representative was incredible nice, polite and knowledgeable. He contacted me to inform the process and kept me posted step by step

Reply from AUTOPAY

I'm so glad to hear this, Magnolia! Thank you so much for your business.

Sonja ward Aurora, CO

Jackson keep me informed of everything that was going. She has great customer service skill. She a really sweet person. She need a raise

Reply from AUTOPAY

Thanks for the great review, Sonja! We'll make sure to pass this along to Jackson.