Plymouth Rock, originally founded in 1982, was the result of Jim Stone’s vision to create a new form of auto insurance. As a former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, Stone had found a new way to provide quality coverage to drivers without over-charging their customers. Without sacrificing quality, Plymouth Rock found a way to provide a high-level of coverage at a competitive rate.
- Coverage options
- Claim service
- Policy management
Through Plymouth Rock, customers are able to obtain a wide range of coverage at varying costs. Insurance and overage options include: auto insurance, homeowners insurance, commercial auto insurance, renters and condo insurance, umbrella insurance, and a discounted service known as “New Jersey Teachers Auto Insurance.” Additionally, there are special auto insurance rates and benefits for AARP members who live in Massachusetts. There are options to bundle coverages for additional savings, but each case and discount will vary.
With the Plymouth Rock claim assistance program, customers will be able to track a claim, find claim forms, view any and all claim services, track severe weather events, utilize their repair shop finder tool, and help prevent insurance fraud all online. Having the ability to see the pending status of a claim allows clients to know exactly where they stand and when possible funds will be available.
In addition to being able to track claims online, Plymouth Rock customers can manage their insurance policy online through their account. With secure online account access, clients can pay bills, view policy information, and track claims 24/7. There is also a Plymouth Rock mobile app available that includes all of these services as well.
There area a number of ways to save with Plymouth Rock Assurance. Not only are discounts available to certain qualifying customers, there are also programs that ensure discounted rates and savings for auto insurance. There following are forms of discounts available through Plymouth Rock: time-saving perks, traditional discounts, group discounts, and eServices.
- Limited pricing information
Despite offering a quality service and comprehensive online capabilities to their clients, Plymouth Rock does not service a majority of the country. In fact, Plymouth Rock only offers insurance services to residents of four states. These states include: New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. If you do not reside in one of these states, you will not be able to qualify for Plymouth Rock Assurance coverage.
Limited Pricing Information
While Plymouth Rock boasts of the coverage they provide, they do not release pricing information. In order to find out how much their insurance will cost you, a quote will need to be obtained. You can get a quote for free online or over the phone. Costs for coverage will vary based on a number of determining factors.
Types of Coverage
Plymouth Rock Assurance offers a number of coverage options to their clients. The following are coverage types available:
- Auto Insurance – protects your vehicle as well as the equity of your home if you are ever held responsible for damages as a result of a car accident.
- Homeowners Insurance – receive a discount on your car insurance when you insure your home through Plymouth Rock.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – cover individual business vehicles and small fleets.
- Renters and Condo Insurance – purchase or rent from anywhere and cover your belongings.
- Umbrella Insurance – provides coverage over and above your auto liability coverage and homeowners insurance.
- New Jersey Teachers Auto Insurance – car insurance available at exclusive rates to New Jersey teachers.
There are a number of ways for Plymouth Rock customers to saving on auto insurance. There may be some requirements for qualification, but the following are available forms of discounts through Plymouth Rock:
- Time-Saving Perks – Crashbusters vans will meet clients almost anywhere to get a claim settled quickly and allow you to take advantage of the Door to Door Valet Claim Service. The Get Home Safe cab fare will be charged to Plymouth Rock whenever a customer does not feel safe driving.
- Discounts – customers can save by bundling policies, having or installing anti-theft devices in cars, having a safe driving record and many more.
- Group Discounts – if a customer is a member of a group or an employee of a company that has a group program with Plymouth Rock, you may be eligible for a group car insurance discount.
- eServices – these services are designed to make customers lives easier by allowing you to manage your policy.