Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Auto Insurance

Farmers Insurance was founded in 1928 and is currently headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Originally designed to meet automobile insurance needs for farmers and ranchers, who had statistically better driving records than those living in metropolitan areas, the company has grown with agents in 50 states.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 7.9 6.3 Read Review
#2 7.8 5.6 Read Review
#3 7.7 2.2 Read Review
#5 7.4 8.7 Current

The Good

• Coverage features
  • Discounts
  • File/track claims

Coverage Features

The types of coverage offered by Farmers Insurance can be broken down as follows:

• Liability Coverage
  • Collision Coverage
  • Comprehensive Coverage
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
  • Medical Payments
  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Discounts

Like most auto insurance companies, Farmers offers various discounts to their customers. Some of these include the following:

• Bundle
  • Transfer
  • Good student
  • Mature driver

File/Track Claims

Farmers allows their policyholders and those whose property was damaged by a Farmers policyholder to file a claim online as well as via a toll-free number. Customers can find assistance in filing a claim with a live chat option online. Claim status can be tracked online as well.

The Bad

• Mobile app
  • Customer complaints

Mobile App

Customers have complained about Farmers' mobile app. This app is fairly basic and could benefit from more features - specifically relating to claims. While there is nothing specifically wrong with the app in its functioning, its available features are limited.

Customer Complaints

It is notable that in spite of various "client statements," that there are a large number of customers who complain about their experience with Farmers on other sites. For example, on ConsumerAffairs.com, the number of complaints about Farmers is rather extensive. Common complaints involve the quality of customer service and claims being denied or being processed slowly.

The Bottom Line

Farmers offers an extensive library of articles and helpful tips via their social media channels as well as on their website. These include topics such as teaching a teen to drive safely, ways to save money and protect one's home and family and tips for when one is involved in an accident.

Those looking for auto insurance should consider the Farmers Insurance service. They are among the leaders in the industry by reputation and longevity. Their available discounts are among some of the best in the industry, including accident and property damage forgiveness.

3 Farmers Auto Insurance Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

June 10th, 2017

We have had a great experience with Farmers as our insurance provider. We have a great agent and the entire office staff has always been very responsive and helpful. When we had an accident they responded immediately. They were very knowledgeable and were able to answer all our questions and walk us through the process of getting our car repaired. Our agent always works to get us the best rates which we really appreciate.

June 6th, 2017 Herriman, UT

My parked car was hit and I had to work with Farmers Insurance. My claim was filed quickly and I had a check for the repairs within a couple of weeks. I didn't even have to take my car to a repair shop. An appraiser came out to my home and printed me a check all within an hour. I was happy to work with them.

May 26th, 2017

I have had Farmers insurance for the last 12 years. They aren't the cheapest insurance out there but I stay with them because of their good customer service. I have had several accidents ( most of them were not my fault)during the time I have been with them and my insurance agent helped me alot especially with one of our claims when my daughter was injured. They helped me fight the other parties insurance company and get our claim reimbursed.