Chubb is one of the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurers. They operate in 54 countries worldwide and provide: commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to their clients. Chubb insurance is available to individuals and families as well as businesses. For individuals and families, automobile, valuables, watercraft, excess liability, and personal accidental health insurance is available. With executive offices in a number of locations, it is no surprise that Chubb employs over 31,000 people worldwide.
- Coverage types
- Online management
- Portfolio discounts
When a customer insures their car with Chubb Masterpieces, they can receive high quality insurance coverage at a competitive rate. Coverages available through Chubb include the following: agree value coverage, choice of repair shop, rental car reimbursement, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, high coverage limits for liability and uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM/UIM) coverage, and worldwide rental car coverage.
Once enrolled in a policy, customers will be able to manage their entire policy online. That means that they can pay their bills, view policy terms, and even file a claim online. Once a claim has been filed, customers will then be able to track their claim’s progress online through their account.
In addition to being available on a world-wide scale, Chubb has operations in thirty-five states and the District of Columbia. Residents of the following states will be able to take advantage of Chubb’s insurance services: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
There are various discounts available through the Chubb platform. Policy discounts include the following: good student discount, driver training discount, accident prevention course discount, air bag/passive restraint discount, anti-lock brake discount, anti-theft discount, multi-car discount, and daytime running lights discount. Requirements for eligibility may apply.
- Unknown rates
- Class action suit
While they claim to offer competitive rates to their clients, Chubb has not made pricing information available. Since there are a number of factors that will play a role in the premium costs for a driver, it makes displaying or providing rates publicly a bit difficult.
Class action suit
It may be important to note that a class action suit has been brought up against Chubb. However, considering their size and products, it is no surprise that they are involved in some legal class action cases.
Types of Coverage
With Chubb, a number of coverage options are available to drivers. Customers will be able to choose what coverage they need to best protect their best interests. Coverage types include:
- Agreed Value Coverage: you agree what your car is worth when your policy is written. Then if your car is stolen or totaled, Chubb will write a check for the agreed amount.
- Choice of Repair Shop: Chubb will pay for your choice of repair shop.
- Rental Car Reimbursement: will pay more than nine times as much as most ordinary insurance and enables you to rent a car like the one you own. There is no per-day limit.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer: many insurers won’t pay the cost of OEM parts, but Chub will.
- High Coverage Limits for Liability and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage: your auto insurance can be a strong line of defense in the even of an accident or a lawsuit. You need high limits of each coverage for them to work. Chubb offers up to $10 million in auto liability and $1 million in UM/UIM protection.
- Worldwide Rental Car Coverage: Chubb doesn’t limit rental car coverage to U.S. and Canada.
There are a number of portfolio discounts available to both drivers and homeowners. Policy discounts for auto insurance specifically includes:
- Good student
- Driver training
- Accident prevention course (defensive driving credit)
- Air bag/passive restraint
- Anti-lock brake
- Daytime running lights
Drivers will need to be eligible for these discounts to apply.