iTunes Logo
The iTunes software was purchased by Apple in 2000. On January 9, 2001, iTunes 1.0 was released at Macworld in San Francisco. Through the iTunes store you can download, music, music videos, television shows, audiobooks, podcasts, movies, and ringtones.

The Good

• Many book categories
  • Many language options
  • Easy search function
iTunes offers over thirty thousand audiobooks. They offer over 20 different categories of books. The categories range from sports to the arts and from the classics to mystery. iTunes contains such a large selection that you are sure to find something that interests you. Purchasing audiobooks from iTunes will most likely be far cheaper than driving to the store and purchasing the book. If you read often for pleasure or for school purposes it can become real expensive real quick. Also, downloading the book to your MP3 Player allows you to listen to your books whenever and wherever. You can be doing multiple tasks at once and still be getting your reading done. iTunes also offers a wide range of languages so you can listen to a book in your native language or in a language you are learning. You can easily search a title, author, character, category, or character to help you find the audiobook you are looking for. The site makes it easy for you to find what you are looking for.

The Bad

• Can be expensive
  • Not easy to find the audiobooks section
Some of their audio books can be pretty expensive to simply be listening to them. You should go check the price at a used book store prior to purchasing an audiobook on iTunes. The audiobooks section on iTunes is not inherently easy to find. We had to do a Google search to get to their page. Once you find the page, it's rather bland and only lets you search audiobooks by genre. Other sites allow members to browse by author, title, and other filters. iTunes makes you search by genre, then author, and only then shows you titles. Once you purchase a title, it can only be read with iBooks, an app exclusively for Mac or iOS.

The Bottom Line

iTunes offers over 30,000 audiobooks. This makes it possible that almost everyone can find something that they are interested in. iTunes does offer some audio books free of cost so maybe a little free trial will help you decide if iTunes works for you. Comparatively, iTunes' audiobooks are more expensive than subscription-based services, so they may be better for the one- or two-time listener. If you're looking for to listen to one or more audiobook each month, you may want to find another provider.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Absolutely best audio book service on the internet. Most comprehensive listing, most diverse authors, most current topics. Excellent product and tools for easy download and access. Most impressed with cost. Best value overall!

Michael Taylor Long Beach, MS

I wouldn't call myself an Apple disciple.....but the koolaid looks good. I own several devices and use iTunes regularly and love it. I pay for Apple Music plus own hundreds of songs from before it's launch. Great selection and audio quality.

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

iTunes is by far the best provider of audiobooks because of the large selection and their ability to make using the books very convenient. iTunes is built into iphones so for those who have apple phones. it only takes a few buttons to use an audiobook.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

We Love ITunes. As Apple users it’s a great and easy way to listen to the books we love. They always have a great selection and you can count on anything done through Apple being a step above the rest.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

I love Itunes, they get the newest audiobooks instantly and it is so convenient. They have a large variety and great prices as well! Whenever I had issues their customer service was extremely helpful.

Tiffany Nguyen Ashburn, VA

iTunes is such a great app store and I mostly appreciate the free apps. The only thing I do not appreciate is some of apps unreasonable prices; however, the audiobooks are wonderful and i’m glad they provided those for apple users.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I love iTunes! I use it every day. I love listening to books in my car. I read way more books than I would actually get to read otherwise. My kids use it a lot. Service is great as well.

Pete Centerville, UT

iTunes has so many different books to choose from and all the books are reasonably priced. I also have an iPhone so it just makes it that much easier to use. I can listen to my books anywhere.

Alex Knoxville, TN

If you want an app that is user friendly and easy to use, this is your app. There are limitations as far as uploading things that aren't compatible with iTunes though.

Natalie Ashcraft Salt Lake City, UT

I love music and iTunes makes it easy to access all my favorite songs. Apple Music is the best thing iTunes has done. I love not having to buy the music because I get sick of music very quickly. With Apple Music I can listen to a much larger variety of songs I like.

Jefferson Farmer Provo, UT

iTunes is a quality product. Usually it works well and has minimal issues. Especially lately, iTunes has a beautiful interface and works seamlessly with iPhone and Mac. A great product. Top of the line. I have automatic pay which is also a great way to go. Apple Music with a $5 student plan is unrivaled.

Easton Bingham Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used ITunes a lot throughout my life, and I’ve been pleased with all that I’ve experienced with it. Not super thrilled with prices that have gone up, but that’s life I guess. I’m a big fan of Apple Music, and ITunes has always provided me with the satisfaction to my music needs.

Trent Provo, UT

I think that Itunes is great. I enjoy the layout and ease of use. I have contacted the customer service people in the past and they were very helpful. The only downside is that there are updates frequently, so its a little annoying.

Phonofob ,

had so much using their service! really useful and so easy to navigate,.. thanks for the great books i got here!

Jacobrobot321 Baton Rouge, LA

I bought an audiobook off of here and it was a very clear and cohesive experience, though I bought a different version of my book. but i got a refund!

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

I love iTunes and the audio books that you can listen to. I love that you can listen to them on my phone. Plus I can sync my Alexa to it

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

iTunes has so many books, podcasts, music, and other great features to have on my phone. They keep all the material up to date and makes it easy to have the latest music.

Kip Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I love iTunes. I love that it is a compatible platform for all of my apple products to share and play music, movies, audiobooks, etc

Preston Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Apple music is awesome! I did my three month trial of it, and I decided to cancel it after those three, and they canceled it without any hesitation or questions!

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

I used to use iTunes exclusively for all my music. I don't anymore, but I still really like the service. I just find it's easier to stream music these days rather than own and store on your device.

Madi Thompson Ogden, UT

I've really enjoyed using itunes in the past. My favorite thing about them is their most popular music list. I've loved finding new music that way. I do, however, wish that songs still were $0.99.

zoe Pleasant Grove, UT

apple books has many books to choose from. i do wish that you wouldn’t have to pay for every single book. the audio is good.

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

I was looking for a certain book and I could not find it anywhere! But then I was able to find it on iTunes!

Amanda Montebello, CA

I enjoy using iTunes for its reputation and easy accessibility. Also, Apple has great customer service when there are any issues.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

I have purchased many audiobooks on iTunes with great success. I love being able to family share the books I buy.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

This is the best app I have on my phone. I love their selection and the ease of use and the ease of paying. iTunes are the best!

Danica Moosman Pleasant Grove, UT

Itunes is defiently my go to website for all things music! It is so organized and easy to use and search all the latest hits!

Erin Rhoton Veguita, NM

iTunes is a very reliable source for audiobooks. The quality is always great and there are tons of options for books. It is also very easy to use.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

I used to use iTunes, but then it got more expensive than it was worth. I have had a lot better luck going with their new Apple Music app. It is a lot cheaper, and you get a lot more for your buck.

OwenE. Norcross, GA

I love the selection of books that I have to pick from. Easy to get through reading material.

SnowballH Salt Lake City, UT

We’ve used iTunes for 15+ years. They have lots of great choices at selections that keeps everyone in our family happy!

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

I actually do love iTunes for audiobooks because it has a wide variety and reliable.

Darbles32 Managua, MN

I always download audio books from iTunes when going on a long trip especially somewhere with no service

Seth Managua, MN

I originally had ITunes for my books but what I found is that they over charge for the same books I can get somewhere else.

Tori smith Mesa, AZ

iTunes has so much variety and is affordable. Easy to download books straight to your device

Allie Powell Long Beach, MS

I have only purchased one audiobook from this place. They have such a huge variety of things and I loved it!

Cara McAffee Cedar City, UT

Variety of books, music, movies, tv shows, they always have what I’m looking for and the prices are never outrageous

Taylee Warner Riverton, UT

iTunes is my favorite platform for audio books. It’s so easy to navigate and use.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

we started with Itunes for our audible books but switched to another company. It wasn't as easy to access my books or share within the family.

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

iTunes is the best and the original. It lets you buy the music you want and it is very organized.

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I love iTunes. I like how you can get songs and you can keep them forever unlike some other music apps.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

I preferred to buy my audiobooks through iTunes because I can share them across our family share plan.

Chase H Provo, UT

I used to use iTunes a lot! It is where I bought all my music. Can't really compete with Spotify now. Great for renting videos though!

Abby Rees Provo, UT

I love iTunes, I have never had a problem. I've always been able to get anything recovered if I've lost something.

Weston Kolste Salt Lake City, UT

iTunes is alright when it comes to audio books. I prefer audible but these guys do have a good selection.

Brooke Hester Gilbert, AZ

I can always find a song I want to listen to. Great song selection.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

We love iTunes music. It's great for downloading any music you want.

Samantha Millville, UT

I love creating my own playlists and listening to whatever I want for only $10 a month!

Cody Linden Lehi, UT

Always received great quality music and videos. Sometimes a little pricey but always good products.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

Great selection and fair prices. Love that I can find every book I need in one place!