AudiobookStore.com Logo

AudiobookStore.com

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: March 26th, 2020

AudiobookStore.com lets members download over 85,000 audiobooks. On their website, you can browse books that are coming soon, current bestsellers, top authors, and new releases. You can also check out books by category and see the latest audiobook reviews. Right away, AudiobookStore.com advertises their “FlexPass.” FlexPass is a monthly membership fee that lets you buy your first audiobook for just $3.95. After your first month, $3.95 is the price of your membership fee. AudiobookStore has a membership fee and chargers per book.

The Good

• First month is free
  • Large selection
  • In depth information about each book

We like that AudiobookStore.com waves the first month's membership fee. On top of that, they let you buy your first audiobook for $3.95. After that, they claim that 90% of their books are $12.95 or below. AudiobookStore.com has a large selection of content to go through - over 85,000 titles. Many of these titles are popular, best-seller books that people want to listen to. We also like all the information AudiobookStore.com shares about each book we click on. From their site, you can see a description of the book, other titles by the author, reviews, and suggested audiobooks.

The Bad

• Lack of transparency
  • Can be expensive
  • Limited language options
Even though AudiobookStore claims that a majority of their books cost under $13 for their members, they don't actually show this right off the bat. Every time you click on a book without becoming a member, they show you the nonmember price, and encourage you to sign up for an account and get the book for $3.95. Once you have an initial book in your cart, you can see the membership price of any additional books you add. Even though it's nice to see the nonmember price, people should be able to see how much books cost before they join the site. In general, we wish they were more transparent. The site has a membership fee and a price per book. When you calculate the price of listening to one or two books on AudiobookStore.com at the $12.95 price (plus $3.95 for membership fees), it's more expensive than contemporary prices. However, if you buy more than one book each month, or if you choose books that are priced lower, you will end up paying the same amount or less than other sites. In summary, here are a few things to remember:
  • They have a smaller selection than many of their competitors
  • You'll want to double check the price of what books will be before purchase
  • They only have books available in 2 languages
  • They offer no free book, unlike several of their competitors

The Bottom Line

While we like how AudiobookStore functions, their lack of transparency worries us. We were unable to find who owns the company, who works there, how long they've been around, or if they have a parent company. Their prices also lack transparency at first. Even though they have a smaller selection of audiobooks than their competitors, their prices are still cheaper. If you browse their site and find several books you are interested in, we definitely recommend using AudiobookStore.com. However, if their selection does not interest you, you may want to try a company with a wider selection.

3.3

Jonathan Shinn Gainesville, FL

Terrible business practices. I was signed up for the monthly subscription as part of a single purchase. I tried to cancel it using their online form but got no response. They offer no other method of cancellation and no phone number. I finally had to call my credit card company and have them put a block on it. That was after they had charged me over $100 for the one audio book that I purchased.

Jeffrey Reed Opp, AL

I set up an account unaware that I was signing up for a subscription. Ordered one book and listened to it but just realized that I've been charged for the past several months a monthly fee... Tried to go to the app to cancel my subscription and couldn't do it. Tried to Google up a customer service phone number to call them and cancel my service and there isn't one. Had to send an email hoping they will check it to cancel my subscription. Overall rating of this company would be a 0 if it was possible

Joy Kersey Long Beach, CA

"Quinn" Is absolutely TERRIBLE with customer relations. He literally volleyed with me via email, pointing out over and over that I was wrong. Yes, it was a membership issue. Ultimately, he was willing to blast me with "take that" and blocked my account in effort to keep me from making a claim with my CC Co. Let's see how that works out for him.

vitally

Bought a book and after a year they started to charge me monthly fee for subscription with increasing payment every months. When contacted audiobookstore they sent me a preset message that I subscribed when made a first purchase and instructions to cancel.

Lauren Piperato Valdosta, GA

Well I did get a book my first month for 5.95 and then promptly cancelled my service. However, I have been charged again this month. After attempting contact FOUR times with absolutely no response on their end, my issue is still not resolved. I would not recommend this company to anyone...stick with Audible.

El Nota Louisville, KY

Totally horrible service they don't have a phone number and there's only one person you can deal with, company is a scam they will not cancel your membership will continue to charge you, and products are faulty, do not work don't buy from them

Peter B-Smith

Cancelled online but no proof. Keep taking money. Only noticed recently but refused to refund even though last book bought was nearly a year ago. They take your money for nothing. Stay away.

Mr G Owden

Signed me up for a subscription without really explaining, when I clearly do not use the service. Unacceptable! Do not use this company.

Roy Barnhart Hudson, FL

Deceptive business practices. I had no clue they set me up for a $5.95 per month membership. I will never use them again!!

Jesse Escondido, CA

They trick you into a membership that you never sign up for. I'm calling the credit card company to report fraudulent activity.

Ryan G San Jose, CA

Total scam. Stay away!! They will bill you forever and never return a phone call. Worst service I have ever experienced