TrustPort’s antivirus products for home and small office check for viruses in every program started and every file opened. Complete with anti-phishing, antivirus, anti-spam, and firewall features, your PC will be well-protected from known Trojans, worms, and other malware with this product. The scanner filters spam from your inbox and blocks unwanted web content, with settings the user can control. Additionally, TrustPort’s Android smartphone app, which uses a scanner based on the PC protection product, is extremely inexpensive. The company’s data encryption and e-signing products make it unique.
TrustPort’s home antivirus products offer most of the features that are needed for a good program. However, there are a few minor gaps that prospective customers should be aware of. While the product does protect email accounts and other user names and passwords, the social media protection isn’t comprehensive: it won’t scan your social media account activity, notify about privacy concerns, or indicate dangerous links on your social media sites. TrustPort does a good job about tracking all the files and sites that connect with your PC, but it doesn’t do anything to minimize the virtual footprint you leave on the web—a “do not track” feature—which would prevent data-collecting companies to track online activity. Finally, the parental lock feature that TrustPort offers is effective in blocking unwanted web content, but does not include summaries that track attempts to access forbidden sites.
While AV-Comparatives is just one organization that has tested TrustPort’s performance speed, the results have shown that there are other products that run more quickly. Another thing to note is that TrustPort’s products are not compatible with Apple devices.
Price (*subject to change)
Customers pay for TrustPort subscriptions yearly. Prices are as follows:
- $32.37 for Antivirus (Basic)
- $43.18 Internet Security (Plus)
- $53.99 Total Protection (Premier)
- $6.96 for Google Play Mobile Security App (price includes all features; basic app is free!)
Free trial offer
All of TrustPort’s products are available for download for a 30-day free trial.
TrustPort’s home antivirus products offer limited mobile protection that includes a module that protects sensitive data—such as credit card numbers, pin numbers, bank account numbers, and user names and passwords—against hackers and malware. Online account data can be synchronized via cloud storage with most mobile devices and is compatible with both the iPhone and Windows platform. However, complete mobile browsing protection is not offered with these products.
You can download TrustPort’s total mobile protection package for Android from the Google Play store for $6.96. Mobile Security includes antivirus protection, a resistant scanning shield, contacts backup on memory card, safe web surfing, call/text blocking, and a geo-locating tool in case of loss.
- AV-Comparatives – The most recent AV-Comparatives performance test run for TrustPort (November 2011) earned the product a “Standard” ranking (versus “Advanced” or “Advanced+”, though it has earned higher ranking in the past. In this testing, the product quickly copied and downloaded files and also encoded and transcoded at a high speed. Compared to other products tested, it was not as fast while launching Word and PDF applications or while archiving data.
- Antivirus and Antispyware Protection – Detects and stops practically all existing viruses, worms, and Trojans with the use of two advanced scanning engines.
- Antivirus File Resistance – The antivirus files themselves are protected against unauthorized applications, so malware has no way of messing with the antivirus without detection.
- Application Inspector – Runs continuously in the background, monitoring unknown toolbars or screensavers and suspicious activity in the file system and system registry.
- System Access Controls – Enables limiting access to selected system devices, such as an external hard drive or flash drive. Allows you to assign different user privileges to each target device.
- Encrypted Archives and Disks – Everyday files can be kept on an encrypted disk and data can be stored securely in an encrypted archive.
- Secure Digital Shredding – Enables permanent shredding of sensitive data that is no longer being used.
- Personal Firewall – Monitors all connections between the computer and the outside world, allowing legitimate applications to run and alerting you to unknown or suspicious applications. The user can choose to implement a wide range of firewall settings.
- Mail Protection and Spam Filter – Checks e-mail for malware and spam. Offers full integration into Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, and The Bat.
- Web Antivirus and Antiphishing Protection – The program scans files for viruses while they are being downloaded from the internet and typical phishing sites are identified and blocked.
- Family Protection – Users can create their own profile of blocking preferences to block several categories of adult web content, such as pornographic or gambling sites.
- Portable Antivirus – Protects your flash drive data from viruses and also scans any computer wish flash interface.
TrustPort’s antivirus products also feature a backup system disk, which allows you to reload the operating system from a disk to clear out malicious software in case of a severe virus infection.
Tune-up & Speed
TrustPort does not currently have a tune-up feature on its antivirus products, nor does it sell a PC tune-up product separately. The most recent AV-Comparatives performance test conducted on TrustPort’s products show that its performance speed is about average compared to other antivirus products.
Time in Business
TrustPort was established as its own company in 2008 (6+ years in business), though it emerged over time with roots in another company, the AEC—Association of Electronics and Computers—which was founded in 1991.
TrustPort’s headquarters are located in the Czech Republic, and the USA representative sales office is located in British Columbia, Canada.
For questions regarding TrustPort’s products, email is the way to go if you live in the U.S.—you won’t be charged for a long distance call and you’ll get a prompt and direct reply.
Operating systems supported:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
Recommended system requirements:
- Intel® Pentium IV processor or compatible
- 512 MB RAM
- 500 MB free disc space
Mobile Security Systems Supported:
- Android 2.2 version or higher