NortonLifeLock

6.7

LAST UPDATED: January 25th, 2022

We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

In 1991, after NortonLifeLock acquired Peter Norton Computing, the company launched Norton Antivirus as prevention for the hundreds of foreign virus strains and PC malware that were becoming more and more common. NortonLifeLock's antivirus products have further developed to include malware prevention and removal, anti-spam, anti-phishing, and PC tune-up tools, among other services offered.

The Good

• Tested High
  • Features
  • Parental Controls

Tested High

Independent IT test AV-Test has found NortonLifeLock antivirus to successfully protect against most viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.

Security Features

Norton 360 provides you with powerful layers of protection for your connected devices and online privacy.  Your personal devices and information have protection as you bank, shop and post online, both at home and on-the-go when connecting on Wi-Fi, including public Wi-Fi.  With Dark Web Monitoring Powered by LifeLock, we scan the dark web for your personal information and notify you if we find it.

***Disclaimer: Dark Web Monitoring in Norton 360 plans (without LifeLock) defaults to monitor your email address only. Login in to your account to enter   more information for monitoring purposes. If you are a current LifeLock member, you can manage those settings in the LifeLock member portal.

Should the unexpected happen, you’ll be covered by the Norton Virus Protection Promise to help remove any virus or your money back.

***Disclaimer: Virus Protection Promise: To be eligible, you must have a qualifying subscription and also have purchased, renewed or upgraded that subscription directly from us, or subscribe with automatic renewal. If a Norton expert is unable to remove the virus from your device, then you may receive a refund based on the actual price paid for the current term of your qualifying subscription. If you have a bundle (a qualifying subscription from NortonLifeLock purchased with either another offering from NortonLifeLock, or a third party offering), your refund will be limited to the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of only your qualifying subscription for the current term, not to exceed the total bundled price paid. Any refund will be net of any discounts or refunds received and less any shipping, handling and applicable taxes, except in certain states and countries where shipping, handling and taxes are refundable. The refund does not apply to any damages incurred as a result of viruses. See  HYPERLINK "http://www.norton.com/guarantee" Norton.com/guarantee for complete details.

Parental Controls

Norton 360 users have full access to Norton Family-one of the most comprehensive parental control products on the market.

The Bad

Conditions

Norton Cloud Backup, Parental Controls, and SafeCam features are only available on Windows.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers a variety of virus protection options for PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones and the Norton product line has a loyal customer base. Plus, NortonLifeLock now comes with Identity Theft Protection and VPN for online privacy and enhanced security for all your devices.

4.1

Robert Rootes Bestselling Author Fredericksburg, VA

I've tried a lot of different internet security companies. I've spent a lot of money trying to protect our internet signature from cybercriminals. We don't have much to offer when it comes to theft, but it's nice to know we're protected whenever we log onto the internet. Since we use streaming services and connect via our phones, laptops, and computers, you want something that will identify and isolate any threat. LifeLock monitors for identity theft and threats. It's that simple. Also, with LifeLock you don't have to use Norton 360 to get it separately. You can use other antivirus software with LifeLock as an added bonus to personal data.

J B Sandy, UT

So far, no issues. Seems to be keeping me and my computer safe! Price is reasonable as well. It always gives me pop-up notifications to let me know when there is a threat that I would have missed on my own.

Deb Jackson Valrico, FL

I trust using Norton to keep my PC's safe, I can always find a great renewal price and they have excellent customer support. What I don't like is the automatic renewal plans that you have to select in order to get a lower price. When it renews it Always renews at a much higher price than the year before. So be careful with this option, and turn off auto renew or ask to be notified with new price before it renews.

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

Have only used NortonLifeLock once before, but I wasn't all that impressed with the service they provided. Seemed to slow my computer down a bunch whenever it was installed. At least not enough to renew a subscription. Would try it again potentially, but just wasn't impressed enough to go back proactively.

Jlbfla New Braunfels, TX

Had the services for a few years and have found them to be very good at securing my computer. Easy to follow what is going on. Easy to protect my information. Prices seem ok. Have not had any problems so far with spyware thank goodness. We will continue with the services because they are also easy to reach if I have any problems or questions.

Sam Macomb, MI

NortonLifeLock is a wonderful antivirus fighter. My kids are virtual school learners during the pandemic and this helps protect us from technology headaches.

JCook00 Macomb, MI

NortonLifeLock works wonders. It has saved me a lot of money. I have never had any problems with it and it is affordable. I respect high quality companies.

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

My experience with nortonLifeLock has been amazing. I have been a loyal customer for over a decade now when I first bought my big, real computer. Although there have been various attempts at malware downloads onto my device, Norton has always had my back. I will continue to be such a good customer in the future because of how good their services are.

Rick Froid Park Ridge, IL

Excellent company! Wonderful experience and has saved me from some dangerous hacking. The website is very user friendly and keeps you up to date on any new developments.

Grossarth Family Herriman, UT

Does a great job of making you aware of possible threats and fixing them.

15 hours ago

Glenn Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

Current user. Blocks Dark Web and virus issues well but you have to pay extra for any other service. A good value for the money for basic service.

Pati Richardson Edmond, OK

I have had LifeLock for many years. I have received a variety of alerts numerous times and because of that, have avoided any issues.

James Moss Knoxville, IA

Lifelock Norton watches my computer like a hawk. I had to contact customer service once, and they bent over backward to help solve the issue.

Ramona Harris Emory, TX

I used Norton before they join with life lock and was real impressed used them for 3 years before I changed to a freeware program because of cost

Mike John Logan, UT

It has many great features, but too expensive on a continuing basis

1 day ago

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Norton has been a solid protection tool of my personal computers and laptops. I have been impressed with the safeguards and tools to help protect my machines from internet threats. Norton has been a market leader and it shows in their quality of software services. I have trusted Norton and they always come through? I wouldn't think of any other service. Ever!

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Eddie, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Feb. 6th, 2020

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

Nord has kept our multiple laptops safe. Considering that we have kids of all ages that use the various laptops, you never know what they're downloading on accident or purpose. Norton has kept our computers and information contained thereon safe and secure.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Molly, Thank you for your review, we’re happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the overall product. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, I hope you have a great day. Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Feb. 21st, 2020

Chaz Phoenixville, PA

I have used Norton for years and have never had any viruses , They have a good set up and when you buy the Product Key Cards near your current expiring account they work great and easy to install. I will continue on using Norton Products.

Kristen Smith Minneapolis, MN

Can't tell u even have it until they continuously bill you even when u stop using the so called service

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

The product itself functions very well, but the bulkiness and load it puts on the system is a huge detracting factor.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

My son was the one to teach myself and his dad about how great Notion was to keep all our information safe and protected. We talked to Norton on the phone and they gladly and so friendly answered every question we had. We were wanting to make sure our son was really aware. He was right they were perfect, helpful, wanted to prove there the best or we could get our money back. We loved what we heard had nothing to lose. It was the Best experience ever!!!!

Tracy McMillan Orem, UT

I love that I can use Norton on multiple devices! Norton has always done a great job at protecting my computer and phone. I am alerted quickly when there is an issue and the offer great protection.

David Martin San Diego, CA

NortonLifeLock is the most thorough online personal protection system that I have ever used. I utilized their product for a year and was very impressed by how thoroughly they protected my accounts...alerting me to anything to be suspicious of. They even monitor the dark web for me. Awesome product!

Sara Jane Crestwood, KY

Norton has protected our family computers successfully for years. I like the family option that allows me to protect several computers for one price. The updates and scans run senselessly in the background without effecting function.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

We used Norton security for our home computers for several years. As far as I know, the security they provided was adequate, but we stopped using them because their customer service and billing were so unethical. For example, the automatic renewal happened every year, even when we canceled it and spoke to them on the phone to confirm; it took multiple phone calls for them to actually solve the problem even after they said it was fixed. After canceling, they still billed us for a new year several times. Our experience was that they hoped customers wouldn't notice the renewal, even after they had a new computer security provider and that the billing could go on undetected.

Dylan Findlay South Jordan, UT

The Norton software always takes care of things on my computer. I have never had a virus and it always notifies me when there is an action I need to take. Great product!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Norton is the Anti Virus software that I have on my computer right now and it has run perfectly and since I have never had a problem, has done the trick for me.

Luke Smith Atlanta, GA

The protection from scammers and stalkers did not protect me

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Norton life lock was helpful for a while until I decided to move to another. The on call service was helpful but I had a few problems with some of the system!!!

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

Downloaded the software for NortonLifeLock and it worked great for years. It would send notifications if there was any suspicious activity or possible viruses.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Audrey, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Feb. 4th, 2020

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

I like to use Norton for my antivirus needs. They provide you with automatic updates and they are easy to install. It really helps to protect your hardware.

Doug Foerch Libertyville, IL

Decent, but expensive and can get in the way of other software and websites.

Lauraine Pleasant Grove, UT

My family has recently purchased NortonLifeLock to help protect our computers and phones from viruses. It has worked really well for us, and it is really efficient for a parental control on kids' smart phones.

David Lewis Salt Lake City, UT

I have been a Norton customer for about 10 years. Every single year they have tried to increase the amount of money I pay for their services for the exact same services. I have been able to call them every single time this happens and they have lowered it back to the original price, but it has been very annoying to deal with.

Nora Holland Mount Olive, MS

My NortonLifeLock has been protecting my computer since I got it. It always scans anything I download before I open it.

Ninfa Esp San Pedro Sula, CR

It's great, Norton does ensure excellent malware protection without hurting system performance, and offers useful extra tools.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Ninfa, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Jan. 18th, 2020

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

They have done a good job of protecting our computers. Especially on the kid laptop. They tend to go on sites that attract that junk but we haven't had any problems.

Oct. 5th, 2019

Ken Francis Provo, UT

This service is nice. It has procteted my computer. i appreciate the ease of use. Sometimes it tries to update more than I would like.

Sep. 27th, 2019

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

I've had Norton on my computers for sometime now and have no problem with viruses. I do wish their rates were a little lower though.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

Best protection company to safeguard all of your financial data. Great software and service and guarantees.

H Moore Lehi, UT

We've had Norton on our computers for many years and their security does a great job keeping our computers free of viruses.

Amber Williams Salt Lake City, UT

Excellent service, no issues, keeps my data safe

JD Dunklee Norcross, GA

It’s an okay service, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It is not the best for keeping your computer safe. It always has ads that are very inconvenient and very annoying

Danielle Powell Long Beach, MS

Absolutely loved this service. Always felt my computer was protected with fhis installed.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Danielle, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Feb. 6th, 2020

Allie Powell Long Beach, MS

this was an exceptional company to have protect my computer. The price was great and I felt secure.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello Allie, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Jan. 30th, 2020

Armina FALKENRATH New York, NY

ITs good and its free.. but i tried to remove it.. and it was soo hard and complicated that i thought it was a virus.. maybe i did something wrong.. just a bad experience

Carol Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Norton LifeLock has been a consistent and effective tool for protecting our home computers from malware and viruses.

Jon Moreno Sandy, UT

We always use Norton for our security and love how easy and secure the service is. Recommend for sure!

SnowballH Salt Lake City, UT

Great antivirus software! Has help block our computer from so many viruses and spyware.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Hello, Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the product and we’re happy to hear that you are satisfied with Norton LifeLock. Thank you for choosing Norton LifeLock, if at any time you need additional support with your product please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Feb. 4th, 2020

S Logan, UT

Worked just fine however it was impossible to get off my computer after my subscription was up. Very annoying

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having any trouble in removing your Norton? If so, let us know here or contact our support at: We will be more than happy to help. Raj Norton LifeLock Member Services & Support

Sep. 27th, 2019