McAfee, founded in 1987, is a well-known cybersecurity solutions company that offers award-winning antivirus software to individuals, families, and enterprises.

McAfee® Total Protection is the company’s premium antivirus product. This product is designed to help consumers secure and protect their personal devices and information from various cyber criminals and threats.

he company offers the following three consumer-based McAfee® Total Protection subscription packages:

• The Single Device package
  • The Individual and Couples (up to 5 devices) package
  • The Family (up to 10 devices) package

Each package that is listed above includes a one-year subscription and offers many different features in addition to antivirus software including home network security, safe web browsing, encrypted storage, secure VPN, and more.
Read on to learn more about McAfee® Total Protection and to see real customer McAfee reviews.

The Good

• Multiple Service Options
  • 30-Day Free Trial
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • 24/7 Customer Support

Multiple Service Options

McAfee offers extensive security software for a variety of devices, including PCs, Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
As previously mentioned, the company offers three consumer-based McAfee® Total Protection subscription packages.

These packages include:

• Single Device — This package costs $29.99 for one device for the first year subscription. This package involves antivirus software, secure VPN, performance optimization, home network security, access to security experts and online support, access to a secure password manager and McAfee® Shredder™, safe web browsing, and encrypted storage.
  • Individual and Couples — This package costs $34.99 for five devices for the first year subscription. In addition to what is offered in the Single Device package, this package also offers multi-device compatibility and identity theft protection.
  • Family — This package costs $39.99 for 10 devices for the first year subscription. This package includes everything from the Individuals and Couples subscription and is designed to help consumers protect their entire families on just one subscription plan.

Each subscription package that the company offers lasts for one year.

Consumers should note that some of the features within the packages mentioned above are only available if customers are enrolled in the company’s auto-renewal service.

30-Day Free Trial

Those interested in McAfee® Total Protection can try the service for free for 30 days. According to the company’s corporate website, with this 30-day free trial, consumers can obtain antivirus scans and can get threats removed before they pay for a yearly subscription service.

Additionally, the company’s free trial lets consumers protect up to 10 devices including devices that are Windows, Mac OS, iOS, or Android.

McAfee’s website also states that the company does not require credit card information from consumers who wish to obtain a free service trial.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

McAfee offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to customers who are not satisfied with the company’s services.
In order to obtain a full refund, customers can contact the company’s customer support team and request a refund or they can fill out and submit a “request a refund” form that can be found on the company’s website.

It’s important to remember that customers can only request and receive a refund within 30 days of purchasing a McAfee product.

24/7 Customer Support

In addition to a 30-day money-back guarantee, McAfee provides around-the-clock customer support services.
Consumers can get in contact with a security expert at any time. These security experts can help consumers who are in need of technical assistance, who want to request a refund, who need help with their account, and more.

The Bad

• Second-Year Subscription Price Increase
  • Renewal System Inconvenience

Second-Year Subscription Price Increase

In terms of subscription pricing for McAfee® Total Protection, the company appears to charge a higher rate for the second-year subscription.

These second-year subscription price increases may be more than what some consumers are willing to pay in comparison to the prices that are set for the first-year subscription.

Consumers who are signed up for auto-renewal may want to pay close attention to the second-year subscription prices before their subscription is automatically renewed.

Renewal System Inconvenience

There have been complaints about McAfee's default subscription auto-renewal system, which automatically re-subscribes customers for another year of service once the subscription is over.

It appears to be a simple-enough process to turn the auto-renewal system off, but some might consider that an inconvenience.

According to the company’s website, customers can take the following steps to turn off the auto-renewal system:

• Select “My Account” at the top of the page
  • Click “Auto-Renewal Settings”
  • Follow the instructions on the page

Consumers may also find it inconvenient that some service features are only provided if they are part of the company’s renewal subscription system.

The Bottom Line

McAfee is a well-known, trusted brand to consider for computer protection. The software performance measures up to that of competitors, and protection is available for most operating systems and devices.

3.5

MiKE McWilliams

September 19th, 2020 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have used this service for years; find it to be dependable, easy to use. Renew my subscription every year/

Kate Lillywhite

September 15th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVE this company! It gives me the peace of mind to allow my family to safely use our home computer. I appreciate the alerts that it gives us.

Hannah

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO

I have just recently downloaded the free mobile app that McAfee provides. It has been really insightful for me to learn about wifi protection in a subtle way. As of now I am only using the free version but from what I have been able to use, it has made me feel safe and like I am in control of my privacy. The only thing that I do not like is that they send me an over abundance of notifications.

Grayden Larson

September 14th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee is a decent antivirus program. It did the job well but it was annoying because it would constantly spam my laptop with ads and “danger warnings”.

JP

September 14th, 2020 Herriman, UT

Have used for years on our computer. Is reliable and does it's job. Never had to worry about it.

Dave_

September 14th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Quality protection on my company computer and continually scans for threats. I’ve never had any issues with the software.

Tagg

September 11th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee protects my computer from viruses. I feel confident that their system is up to date and able to defend against the new viruses.

Tony

September 10th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used McAfee for a time but it seemed to run a bit heavy and was constantly giving me subscription notices.

Brittany Wilkinson

September 9th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use McAfee on our home computer which is also the computer I use for our small business. I never worry about what I'm opening or downloading because I trust McAfee to keep my software safe and up to date.

Dre35

September 3rd, 2020 West Valley City, UT

Great antivirus tool, love the layout of the McAfee control panel, and limited popup notifications.

Kjirstin Peterson

September 3rd, 2020 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This did its job and protected my computer, but was so annoying after it expired!

Gina

March 15th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service. Highly recommend. I ran into a complication and their customer service was able to resolve quick and effectively.

Kinord C

March 10th, 2020 Westville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use this for my HP laptop and I was able to eliminate the viruses that were previously there and allow it to run smoothly

Katlyn Hockman

March 8th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had McAfee on my old computer and it did the job but it was a little pricey for my liking.

Nora Holland

March 8th, 2020 Mount Olive, MS

Anytime I download something this software is always scanning for bugs. If it wasn’t for this then I would probably have a lot of viruses.

Brayden Ibert

March 7th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had McAfee antivirus installed on my computer for years and found that there were many better options I could use. It was fairly simple to use, but I found that it didn’t always work. I would advise for you to use another antivirus.

Benjamin LeBlanc

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee antivirus is one of the more reliable antivirus softwares out there. There will always be exceptions in getting a virus every now and then on one’s computer, but McAfee is one of the safest bets around.

OwenE.

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee helped rid my laptop of a virus during high school super quick. No hassle.

Anita pea

March 7th, 2020 Slidell, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee really helped me with protecting viruses on my computer, but it could use a little tweaking on its system. The employees were nice and the idea of it was awesome but not executed as good as it could have been.

Cole Bailey

March 6th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee was good while I had it, but after I stopped paying for the subscription occasionally I would get pop up adds to renew it

sofia p.

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using this software on my computer and it has been able to protect me from many viruses. I found that my computer ran a lot smoother and faster once I began using it.

Natalia Correa MDTribe

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I have used McAfee before on some of my devices and it has always worked. I never experienced any issues with it!

Karina Aguilar

March 1st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee is a great cyber security system and it keeps my computer protected from all viruses

Cade Boudreaux

February 22nd, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee is a great security system. I would use for all my computers as it is very reliable and on the chips.

Molly Keogh

February 18th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This software was great. There were several time the kids downloaded something with a virus that was caught and cleaned up with McAfee. It saved our computer.

Joseph rex

February 17th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used your software on my last computer. It was fine. It came pre loaded so it was fine. Never really had any issues with it.

Emiliano Galeano

February 17th, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had this Antivirus system for years , no mayor problems, good value for money.

Nicholas Genes

February 16th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My computer slowed down and started freezing even after downloading this software. Very disappointed in the quality of product

Qiao

February 13th, 2020 Bethesda, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

it anti-virus software is very functional and effectively guards my computer from virus invasion. I installed it in my home computers.

Barbara Matula

February 7th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Must have!! Over the years I have tried different antivirus softwares, but this one is the most reliable and effective. Highly recommend

Eddie Rios

February 5th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee is the most trusted name in software. I have been so impressed with accuracy, delivery of software protection, and intuitive programming. This product has been so helpful in keeping my computer safeguarded with relevant services. Will buy from again as its proven to be a wise investment and decision.

SnowballH

February 2nd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We’ve used McAfee more than any other antivirus software. It’s done a fantastic job keeping our computer clean and free of spyware.

Audrey Mitchell

February 1st, 2020 Managua, MN

Used McAfee on the computers at my work. It worked great and kept my computer safe from any viruses or harmful software that tried to be downloaded.

Amanda

January 29th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I installed McAfee, I had two viruses on my computer and I worked with customer service to help get rid of viruses and protect against more.

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN

Easy to use and I have never had and problems with my computer. I don’t pay for the expensive service and it still works well.

Allie Powell

January 27th, 2020 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to have this on my computer and I felt like it was very secure. However it was a little pricy but worth it.

ChanceyParker

January 19th, 2020 Jackson, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great pricing when running deals for yearly plans to update protection service. They also do a great job at reminding you when it’s almost time to renew subscriptions.

Nancy Paugh

January 17th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used McAfee for years. It provides a good service for a fair price. It does what it states and more. I would recommend this to anyone.

Amy Boren

October 4th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have this on all of computers and laptops. It does an ok job, we still have pop ups but our computers have been protected enough for our family.

S

June 11th, 2019 Logan, UT

Worked great for the time that I had it computer did not get any viruses good pop up blocker

Lawrence Foster

December 19th, 2018 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seems to be the internet standard in Security programs. have them on my phone and my PC. Never had a challenge with them. Would recomment

Tanner Cook

December 15th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used McAfee for the last 10+ years in keeping my computer protected. They make it easy to install and update, happy with the service, will continue to use as long as they keep my PC safe!

Ray Hansen

September 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA

It always pops up on my computer and never leaves me alone

Thomas Hullinger

August 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee gives you a great product at a good price that does everything it is advertised to do. I will buy it again and again.

Lesa Burgess

August 22nd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

McAfee does a good job for windows as an anti virus solution. Using this product didn't cause too much slowdown towards a Windows computer, while effectively blocking any internet threats. I like the options of being able to have a personal firewall, a password manager as well as parental controls. McAfee will also scan your social media pages for any threats, which is great when you have young kids like I do!

Sara Jane

July 25th, 2018 Crestwood, KY

It is a nightmare to get McAfee off a computer it has been pre-loaded onto. The pop ups are annoying.

Marilyn Greer

July 23rd, 2018 Saint George, UT

I hated that they bugged me all the time. They still do even though I don't have the service anymore.

Boston Whipple

July 20th, 2018 Provo, UT

McAfee pops up every time I restart my laptop and slows the start time significantly. It frequently wants me to update or upgrade. I haven't had any issues with viruses but I have multiple sets of anti-virus software.

Ruth Anne Bright

July 19th, 2018 Mount Washington, KY

This is a very good product for the home computer. It provided me excellent protection and alerts when needed. Very easy to install and update.

Cody Linden

July 19th, 2018 Lehi, UT

This is the protection software that is currently on my computer and I have zero complaints. Protects my computer and doesn't make a hassle about it.