Max Secure

Max Secure

Max Secure was founded in 2002 by a husband and wife duo, Sanjay and Rachna Pradhan. The company, which continues to be led by its founders, is headquartered in Pune, India. The company offers a wide range of security products but the focus is on designing and developing security technology and performance optimization for Windows users.

The Good

• Security for mobile
  • PC optimization tools
  • Great features

Max Secure scores major points for the variety of services offered. They offer mobile security for Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile. They have a slew of PC optimization tools, several downloadable apps such as a file protector and surf hider, and gamer antivirus product. They have an excellent file shredder that removes traces of online and offline activities. The file protector allows you to password-protect the files on your PC. The spyware detector, the company's top product, detects and removes root-kits and other types of malware. The top anti-virus package, which is scrutinized above all else, comes with most of the features best for protection, including a firewall, email protection, and anti-phishing protection. The 30-day money back guarantee seems like good insurance in case you're not satisfied with Max Secure.

The Bad

• Lacking background information
  • Customer complaints

The lack of background information available on this company is a concern- an AV-Test or AV-Comparative background. Even more concerning is the general sentiment found in comments online that the company is not particularly reliable about honoring their-money back guarantee. One user explained that after requesting a refund, he received a robotic response that requested more information, then took longer than the allotted 30 days to process it-thus rendering the refund request obsolete.

The Bottom Line

Max Secure's anti-virus and PC optimization tools are worth a look but with some hefty reservations. The depth and variety of the products indicate that this company has potential, but their reputation isn't very good. If you purchase their software and rely on the money-back guarantee, you may be protecting your computer while taking a risk with customer service.

2 Max Secure Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

• User Score

June 29th, 2017

This company unfortunately rips you off. I was overcharged and requested a refund since June 14 2017. I have been sending emails and trying to get onto live chat. This company does not provide 24 hour support. Also, their product has become useless. Do not install

1 0
  • User Score

August 4th, 2015 Yorktown, VA

Terrible! I signed up with Paypal and they refused to believe I had paid for the software even with the copy of the receipt and it's been down hill from there since then. The software reverts back to "unregistered" mode about every two weeks to a month and I have to deal with their "poor" support. I start with "live chat" and I am told I must email for senior tech support and get a reply I should hear back in 24 hours. The email I get says to use their "live support"... funny! The only support personnel seem to be named Neil or Andrew. Neil doesn't deal (tells you to email).. and Andrew hates his job and tells you write everything down. So I saved screen shots of the key I need to unlock the software since Andrew repeatedly told me to and gave me two different numbers to use. He said the number that Max Secure is trying to use is expired on my computer. Guess what? They don't work. I also surmise that they don't know how to fix this issue! I am five months into my subscription but, I guess I will throw that money away and find a real software package that actually works and supports its product. Beware....

1 0