AVG, formerly known as Grisoft, was founded in 1991 in the Czech Republic. The company provides computer security products, focusing on software development, threat prevention and detection, risk analysis, and research and development. AVG has received a number of independent IT certifications and awards from Virus Bulletin, ICSA, and West Coast Labs, among several others.
- Free Solutions for Everyone
- Advanced Solutions
- AVG Ultimate
- AVG Antivirus Business Edition
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Solutions for Everyone
AVG aims to help internet users solve three problems: protection from viruses and hackers, keeping online activity completely private, and free up space and speed up devices. The company offers free solutions for everyone to help mitigate these problems. These include the following:
- AVG Antivirus FREE — Internet users receive free essential protection that stops viruses, malware, and spyware, blocks unsafe links, downloads, and email attachments, scan for PC performance, and get real-time security updates.
- AVG Secure Browser — For essential online privacy, AVG’s free secure browser gives internet users complete control of how websites track them on the web. The browser includes a private browsing mode, automatically blocks ads, has a seamless integration with AVG antivirus, forces HTTPS encryption, protects against tracking scripts, and helps mask the browser’s fingerprint.
- AVG Tuneup — While AVG does not have a completely free tuneup feature, it offers its tuneup for a free 30-day trial with no credit card required. During this trial, users can try all features that remove junk to free up space, fix issues before they become problems, and speed up PC performance.
For users requiring additional features beyond those included in the free solutions, AVG offers advanced solutions for an annual price that varies based on the number of devices included.
- AVG Internet Security — In addition to the features from AVG Antivirus FREE, subscribers get AVG’s best-in-class protection that includes, but is not limited to, six layers of protection combined with the world’s largest threat-detection network, webcam and ransomware protection to secure personal life and files, and blocks against scams, spam, and fake copycat sites so users don’t mistakenly give passwords or financial data to cybercriminals.
- AVG Secure VPN — AVG offers its own secure VPN to keep internet users online activity completely private. Users benefit from secure Wi-Fi anywhere they go, access to content from all over the world, military grade encryption, select networks to always connect or not connect to the VPN, and access on up to five devices simultaneously.
- AVG Tuneup — To keep devices running smoothly and efficiently, AVG Tuneup offers features that find and remove hidden clutter, remove unnecessary duplicates, and streamline photo libraries on up to 10 devices.
For internet users that need award winning protection, performance, and privacy, AVG offers its AVG Ultimate package. AVG Ultimate combines AVG’s three advanced solutions — internet security, tune up, and the secure VPN — in one affordable annual subscription. The package provides total protection, performance, security, and privacy for up to 10 devices.
AVG Antivirus Business Edition
The AVG Antivirus Business Edition offers its top-rated antivirus to protect businesses through its enhanced firewall that helps stop spam, viruses, malware, and hackers to protect data, files, photos, passwords, etc. Web and email protection is also provided by blocking dangerous email attachments, suspicious link warnings, and downloaded file scanning before it reaches the computer or network. The antivirus also includes cloud-based antivirus with real-time outbreak detection and proactive artificial intelligence detection. The AVG Antivirus Business Edition provides protection for one device. Additional devices will also be required to purchase the product.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
For products that do not include a 30-day free trial, AVG offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to ensure that users are satisfied with its products.
- Limited Mobile Apps for Apple Users
Limited Mobile Apps for Apple Users
While AVG does offer antivirus protection for most popular devices, these options are limited for Apple users. AVG offers mobile apps for iPhones and iPads, but the apps are not as robust and do not have the full protection that Android users get with the Antivirus for mobile.
The Bottom Line
AVG offers products for internet users looking to solve three problems: protection from viruses and hackers, complete privacy and security, and free up space and speed up devices. Users can start by using AVG’s free solutions, and upgrade to its top-rated products or its Ultimate package for further protection. The prices are affordable and often include up to 10 devices, depending on the selected product. While AVG excels in both its PC and Mac products, the antivirus mobile protection for iPhone users is not as robust as Android users.