Super Backup offers both a free and premium version of their service. Super Backup allows users to backup and restore important data and information on the device's SD card.
- Contact and message backup
- Free version
Super Backup does a great job with saving pertinent information on your Android device. Here are some of the best features of Super Backup:
- Super Backup specializes in backing up SMS messages and contacts. This is information that is difficult to replace, if possible at all. All of the information is stored on an SD card, and can be restored quickly if the Android device has been rooted. Users can also batch restore apps from their SD card.
- Those who download Super Backup will also have the ability to schedule when backup processes will take place. This means that users will not have to worry about consistently backing up their device, because certain data will automatically be saved to the user's Gmail account.
- There is a free version of Super Backup, which will provide a basic level of security and backup information that can be difficult to replace.
- Root required
- No cloud backup
- Limited information backed up
Super Backup might have some limitations as an Android backup service. Some of these limitations might include:
- In order to restore app data from an SD card, users will have to root their Android device. While most rooted devices' backup apps function more efficiently than non-rooted apps, some of the most basic features of the Super Backup app require rooting. Rooting is not difficult to do, but some may not want to take those steps.
- Super Backup does not allow users to backup to the cloud. In order to backup phone data, users will have to backup the information to the SD card. Users will then have to restore the data directly from the SD card, which can only be done if the device is rooted.
- Super Backup does not backup and restore a lot of data and phone information that other backup apps do. For the most part, Super Backup only restores and backs up contact, SMS, call logs, bookmarks, and calendar events. It does not include applications or the associated data.