- Storage options
- Free version
- Communication backups
- High ratings
With over 3 million downloads, MyBackup is one of the most popular Android backup apps on the market. With storage options and additional features for “rooted” Androids, MyBackup is one of the most secure backup applications and is available for all Android devices.
MyBackup offers a free version, in addition to MyBackup Pro. MyBackup Pro provides a higher level of support while maintaining an easy-to-use interface that beginner Android users can use.
MyBackup Pro has a scheduling option that allows users to schedule when and how often their Android device is backed up and saved to the cloud. Users have the option of saving information to the online secure server (where they are allotted 100 MB) or to their own personal SD card. In addition to saving data on your SD card, users will be able to backup and restore directly from their SD card.
All forms of communication are backed up as well, including: SMS text messages, message attachments (MMS), calendar events, and even the call log. Multimedia is also backed-up, so all of your photos and videos are securely saved either on your SD card or online. System settings, alarms, and even home screens are saved.
Out of nearly 30,000 reviews on the Google Play market, users gave the app an average of 4.6/5 stars. Because it is easy to use, the majority of those who downloaded it seem to enjoy the service.
- Additional fee for Pro
- Not all features available without root
- Limited storage
MyBackup does have some room for improvement. Some of these features include:
- Though there is a version available free of charge, MyBackup Pro does cost $4.99 to download. While MyBackup Pro does offer more features and tools than other Android backup apps, the price may be a deterring factor.
- While MyBackup and MyBackup Pro does not require Android users to “root” their phones to use their app, there are some features that are only available to “rooted” phones. While rooting an Android is not difficult, some may not want to take the extra step to enjoy the full features of the app.
- MyBackup offers 100MB of storage which is minimal when compared to competitors who offer unlimited storage options.
- Share Information Between 2 Devices Directly
- Back-Up/Restore To & From SD Card
- Cloud Back-Up
- Restore to New or Existing Phone
- View The Backup in Detail w/o Restore
- Supports All Android Devices
- Available in 10+ Languages
Rooted Phone Features:
- Break Android Market Link to Application
- Force Close Applications
- Freeze Bloatware & System Applications
- Link Application to the Android Market
- Unfreezes Frozen Apps
- Uninstall Applications
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Application Data
Items Available for Backup/Restore:
- Browser Bookmarks
- APN Settings
- Calendar Events
- Call Log
- Home Screen Shortcuts & Wallpaper
- Message Attachments (MMS)
- Music Playlists
- System Settings
- Text Messages (SMS)
- Last Updated: June 7, 2014
- Size: 3.5M
- Installs: 1,000,000-5,000,000
- Requires: Android 1.6 and up
- Current Version: 4.1.0