- Data backup options
- Automatic daily backups
For users concerned about losing or destroying their Android device and not being able to recover their data no longer need to be concerned. G Cloud Backup automatically backs up your messages, call logs, contacts, photos, music, videos, documents, system settings, and even browser data. All of this information is securely stored in the Amazon AWS cloud storage. With the free version, users are permitted to use up to 10GB of online storage. With the monthly subscription, users have access to unlimited storage and premium support with no advertisements.
G Cloud Backup will backup up your phone automatically every single day. You do not have to worry about when the last time you saved your information was, because this app will take care of it for you. If you decide you need to back up your Android device more regularly, or less frequently, there is also the option of customizing scheduling to fit your needs.
The price can be both good and bad. If you are looking for a high level of security that routinely backs up your device without having to pay, then G Cloud Backup makes an excellent choice. However, there are limitations to how much can be stored with the free version of the app. If you want more than 10GB of cloud storage space, you will have to upgrade to the more premier G Cloud Backup app and pay $1.99 a month. Included in that price is unlimited storage, premier support, and an ad free experience.
- No app restoration
- Not all features available without root
- No app backup
G Cloud Backup has a few areas that could use improvement:
- G Cloud Backup does not come with App restoration features. This means that if you lose or destroy your phone, the apps that you downloaded on to your device are not going to be saved on your SD card or in the cloud. While all hope is not lost (you can just download the apps again), it will take time and effort to go through and re-download the application that you had before.
- There are some features offered by G Cloud Backup that can only be used if your Android device has been rooted. In order to save settings associated with your device’s apps, you will need to “root” your android device. Other features included with G Cloud Backup on rooted phones include game level backup and app customization.
- G Cloud Backup does not include app-backup with their services. Many customers download several apps and do not want to go through the hassle of retrieving all of those lost apps. On top of that, when re-downloading the app, the customer’s information will not be saved. For gamers, this would be unacceptable.
- Backup communication features
- Locate lost devices with online map or through SMS message
- Unlimited Storage, Premium Support, and Ad Free for $1.99/month
- Access messages and contacts online
- App passcode protection
- Multiple device protection
- Secure data transfer and storing
- Uses Amazon AWS cloud storage
- Daily automatic backups when WiFi available
- Mobile to mobile restore and safe device restore
- External SD card backup
- restore/migrate to new devices
- Advanced options: change daily schedule, disable automatic schedule, and backup over 3G
Rooted Phone Features:
- Backup App settings
- Save game levels
- App customization
Items Available for Backup/Restore:
- SMS Messages
- Call Logs
- Last updated: February 4, 2014
- Size: 8.7M
- Installs: 500,000-1,000,000
- Requires: Android 2.2 and up