Walt Disney World Resort Logo

Walt Disney World Resort

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: April 7th, 2022

Walt Disney World is the amusement park of your childhood dreams. With several different parks making up Disney World, there is sure to be something to enjoy for everyone. Epcot Center, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, two water parks, campgrounds, Disney Springs (shopping center), resort hotels, and golf courses, make up Disney World in its entirety.

Disney World was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in 1956 in Bay Lake, Florida. It has since become one of the most popular theme parks in the world in partnership with Disneyland. Although Disney World is located in Florida, Disney Parks manages Disneyland (CA), Disney World (FL), a Disney Parks (Tokyo), Disney Parks (Paris), Disney Parks (Hong Kong), Disney Parks (China), and the new Aulani Disney experience in Hawaii.

mary susan watkins Spring, TX

i have been there 3 times since it opened and each time it was great..although the prices are now way out of line for just a one day ticket,when i went years back, it was still growing and prices were reasonable..the first time epcot was under construction, the second time the water park had been opened but the safari adventure was not, and the third was for a convention, so there was barely time to visit even the main park,and do some rides,my favorite of which is still "the pirates of the carribbean"!

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

I love going to Disney parks and all their stores have the cutest things ever. they are a bit pricey But you’re paying for the name!

AlisaD Salt Lake City, UT

Hotels offer high quality service. We love all the extra activities that are provided for families. So many fun things to do and see.

Robert Collins Long Beach, MS

Our family loves Walt Disney World, it is definitely our happy place. There's so much to do, it takes multiple days about it. The first time I took my family, I didn't have to worry about driving anywhere (the bus system took us), and didn't have to worry about where to eat (we had the Disney Dining Plan). The theming of everything and the attention to the smallest detail makes a vacation at Walt Disney World a truly magical experience.

Jane Collins Long Beach, MS

Walt Disney World is my family's favorite place in the whole world. We go there every year. What I love about WDW is simply everything: a family can chill and just be together. There's no worrying about driving, what to eat, what to do, etc. Just be a family. When we drive on company, the cast member at the gate says: "Welcome home!" Give me chills every time.

Denise Riggs Midvale, UT

Ok where do I even start. Disney World has been a special place for my family for years and years. This is our favorite family vacation spot and one we take often. We love all of it! The atmosphere, the food, the shoes and the rides are unbelievable. Disney knows how to get every little detail just right! We often are able to get the Dining Plan for free or at discount! The restaurants are a huge part of the awesome experience for us. For our family Disney World is a part of us. Memories that will last forever have been made and will continue to be made in the most magical place on earth!

Brenda Mertes Houston, TX

This was the ultimate most magical experience I have ever had. I had always wanted to go and felt I missed a huge part of childhood by not visiting. I finally got to go and absolutely LOVED the variety of rides that were immersive. Haunted Mansion is by far my favorite one! I will definitely return with my own children in the future. The only recommendation I would make for change, is for the character meet and greet experiences to be a little friendlier. When I took a picture with one character, he was stand-offish and I think even if customers aren't children, these characters should stay friendly.

Ashley Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

If you are planning on having the great experience of Walt Disney World Resort make sure to plan on attending all of the parks. We did not realize there were so many parks and how spread apart they were. There is the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Park and even water parks. It is even better if you could plan on staying at one of the Disney hotels to have a greater experience but you don't have to. Each park is just amazing and Disney's World resort is an experience no family should miss. It is beautiful and clean and the workers are all so nice and friendly. I would recommend buying a multiple day pass and really enjoy a couple of weeks in Florida taking in each park and the beaches of Florida and make it a once in a life time experience! It was one of our favorite vacations ever!!!

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Disney world is always fun,and if you at the right time of year the wait lines are ok.They are pricey but well worth it to see children having a blast.Epcot is my favorite

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Walt Disney World is a family favorite vacation destination. I have been close to ten times and love it more each an every single visit! I look forward to many more years to visit Walt Disney World Resort with my wife and family!

Emily Crawfordville, FL

No matter how old I get I always feel like a kid every time I go to Disney. I love going on all of the rides, eating all the food and being immersed in a place where it is normal to be excited about seemingly childish things. For everyone, Disney is about nostalgia and your childhood and they outdo themselves with every new attraction. I love going and could never imagine it getting old.

Nick Hansen Eagle Mountain, UT

Disney has cracked the code. Each park has unique features that keep me coming back. Epcot is my favorite! I love walking around the world sampling foods from each different country, especially during the food and wine festival. The new show at the end of the night is really cool on the lake with a reminder of the initial purpose behind the park and messages of unity. Good job Disney!

[email protected] American Fork, UT

You can't beat the experience of Walt Disney World Resorts. They make your vacation so much fun and enjoyable for the whole family or just a couple. The transportation system is easy, fast, and gets you to your destination without delays or traffic problems. Multiple ways to get food, shops to visit, pools, etc. are all at your finger tips. Many may feel the price is too steep but you have to think about the money to park, time in traffic, atmosphere you are surrounded by, and the characters that are at your site. Wonderful experiences every time we have gone to Walt Disney World.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

My parents took me to Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot Center after I had graduated from US Navy bootcamp in Orlando, FL. We enjoyed roaming from country to country sampling the food, wine and beer. I loved the gardens and remember being amazed at the topiaries shaped like different characters. It has been a wonderful memory and I cannot wait to take my family.

Lethia Johnson Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love Walt Disney World Resort! I have stayed at three of their resorts and each one offers different levels of amenities! Because my dad is military we enjoyed the Shades Green hotel, where there is a great golf course. At the Contemporary Resort, i really enjoyed how easy it was to hope on the monorail and get to the park. Finally I stayed at the Grand Floridian, and the decorations there are like nothing you have every seen before. Only Disney could make places so amazing!

Annie Robbins Pleasant Grove, UT

Disneyland has great customer service. I was able to access a fast pass for my son with disabilities without any problem. There are multiple customer service areas around the park that helped with the fast pass to get us on another ride without waiting in lines, which is really hard for our child with behavior issues. I loved that they have compassion for families and parents who are trying to make a great experience for the whole family, even with a child with disabilities.

Wesley Jackson Owings Mills, MD

I've been to Disney World twice in the last 5 years. My favorite park is now Animal Kingdom mostly because if the food but the rides especially Avatar- Flight of Pandora are awesome! We are going back for the 50th anniversary and this time will be staying at the hotel that the light rail runs through to make getting to & from the parks as easy as possible. Never a bad experience when you go to a Disney park.

Matthew Hall Gulfport, MS

I had an amazing time at Disney, the magical kingdom was my favorite part. And while it is beautiful during the day, it is a show to remember at night. The service is wonderful, and the staff is exuberant and welcoming. The rides are very exciting to go on, and the characters are even more fun to meet in person. My trip to Disney was so great I'm planning the next one already.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

When my family went to Disney Parks (Animals Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) in Orlando, Florida, we were awestruck the moment we got into the park. Park entrance was easy as the only thing we needed to do was scan our cards. Both parks we went to were gorgeous in design and it really brought be back to my childhood. The VR rides were very high tech and made me feel like I was really experiencing what was on the screen. My only problem with Disney was the price of the food and drinks. I understand that it's a very well-known theme park and company, however selling bottled water for $6 is a little excessive. Also, the dole whip we bought was $7 however the pineapple juice at the bottom tasted a little like expired fruit. Overall, Disney was a great experience and I highly recommend going, however I suggest that you bring your own food instead.

fabulous_finn Gaithersburg, MD

I recently returned from a week-long vacation from Disney World, and I was so surprised... AGAIN! The new addition of Galaxy's Edge was everything a Star Wars fan could want, and the dining at Beast's Castle is always worth a reservation. My only complaint rests with the Rise of the Resistance ride, I hope Disney can somehow overhaul the boarding process, many members of my family were unable to ride.

Honey LeBlanc Pass Christian, MS

We have taken multiple family vacations to WDW. Staying at the property and taking advantage of the dining plan and transportation helps to make the vacation more cost-effective (but it is going to be pricey no matter what). My kids really enjoyed it the most when they were younger, but now that they are older they prefer places with more thrill rides and an older target audience.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

I grew up going to Disney and as an adult with my own family, I try to go back every year. There are so many fond memories at Disney and some of my favorites are just the small things - cast members giving stickers to the kids at the entrance or sprinkling fairy dust on the kids if you ask a cast member in a gift shop. It's just magical and my love for Disney has grown as I've seen the look on my kids faces every time we visit. Making memories at Disney has become a multi-generational family tradition.

Tom M Holmdel, NJ

I recommend going to Disney World. My first experiences was back in the 1980's and every time I go it is just as much fun as the first time. The park offers so much for every stage of life you go through but the most fun is when you become a parent and you see the big eyes of your child when they are there. Some of our family's best memories where made there!

Mitali Ganeriwal Orlando, FL

these resorts are like a dream! they feel so magical and the service provided by the staff is extraordinary!

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Amazing staff that makes the whole experience magical. Treated well by everyone there and they go above and beyond to make your vacation great.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Not worth the hype in my opinion, but animal kingdom is pretty great. I feel like the kiddie feel is more so to say you did it than the actual enjoyment. There are better places out there for the price.

Joss Ocean Springs, MS

I absolutely loved Disney world! My son was so fascinated when goofy came up and rode in the teacup with him. On the way back to the room he said, "Mom, Disney really is a magical place!"

Grossarth Family Herriman, UT

Staff was kind and courteous. Grounds are clean and welcoming.

April aphe8493 Castle Rock, CO

Walt Disney World is one of my favorite places I have been. Every year I have the desire to go back. The quality in the rides and the atmosphere is amazing. You can tell how much they planned and how much effort they put in to make it as perfect as possible. The price is very expensive, but I'm not planning on going everyday anyways.

Kogan Powell West Valley City, UT

There is a lot to see here and it's well worth the trip to see all they have to offer. Food is always conveniently close which is a plus. A little pricey, but that is expected and I think it's worth it. They also have enough there to entertain all ages, so don't go just for the kids.

Britanie Miller Boise, ID

We just visited in July and loved it! My kids loved Magic Kingdom and meeting characters and enjoying the atmosphere. We also loved Animal Kingdom, great experience. The Lion King show is amazing and my kids were in awe during the safari. Us as parents had a great time too!

Carl Harold Irving, TX

very great experience for people of all ages! The staff is so kind and the rides are so fun especially splash Mountain. The food can be a little expensive sometimes but it’s really tasty and worth it after a long day at the park.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

Walt Disney World was a fun experience for me and my whole family. I really had to save my money, but last year when I visited, I enjoyed the theme parks, the friendly service, and the transportation system is so convenient. I believe it was well worth my money.

Luis Diaz Dallas, TX

I’m not kidding when I tell you my life changed forever the first time I went. I was 16 my first time. The firework show in magic kingdom was so beautiful it brought me to tears. Customer service is 10/10. Employees are very nice and helpful

Msindoni Miami, FL

Disney World is a classic that everyone can enjoy. You truly get your money's worth with the vast attractions they have. I also really appreciate that they always have a place for you to get water because it gets hot in Florida.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

I love this place! I used to go for school-out days with my family back in grade school. I love it, the staff is super nice, the food is delicious, and you get to see Mickey!! It's also super conveniently locations close to all the parks and Orlando attractions!

cb Thibodaux, LA

the greatest place in the world for a reason! all the parks were very clean and well kept. a little pricey but very well worth it for the experiences! the FastPass is very nice for those who don't want to wait in long lines or who want to ride other rides and get there quickly.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

I loved visiting Disney World almost every year with my family growing up. We always had a great time interacting with the characters, taking pictures with them, collecting pins and autographs, and spending time with one another. Walt Disney World Resort creates an amazing environment for a family to relax together in.

Chaveli Lakeland, FL

Disney world has been part of my childhood experience since I was a baby being a Florida resident. Now I’ve gotten to experience it with my college roommates and have never had a complain. The service all around is impecable. Every time I go to any of the parks I have a great time!

Emma Kleinze Logan, UT

I don't think I've ever had such a fun day with my husband and our 2 kids (ages 7 and 4). Even though there were some meltdowns and long lines we had to wait in, the magic that comes along with being in Disney World makes it all worth it. I love this place!

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

We love all things Disney. We recently traveled to Florida to take our kids to Walt Disney World for the first time! Having frequented Disneyland, this was a new and fun experience for our family. Of the four theme parks, Disney's Animal Kingdom was our favorite. We are already looking forward to our next trip!

take7 Sandy, UT

Wilderness Lodge resort has an awesome take on a national park lodge. It is clean, great dining options, beautiful grounds and transports to parks by boat! It's a great price compared to the other resorts. Comfortable and fun feel.

Constance Falatea Kirkland, WA

This park is the best place on earth. I loved my visit and cannot wait to make another one with family and friends. The park was amazing to walk around and see the many attractions. The rides were okay, but the different areas within the park were amazing. We caught the Lion King show it was so fun, amazing and performers had great talent.

Mariana Linares , NC

As an Orlando Native, I have been to Disney World over 100 times, and I can truly say that I've never had a bad experience. Everything is of the highest quality from the shows, food, and customer service. Disney truly puts deep thought into every small detail, and it is worth every penny.

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Everytime I go Disney World in Orlando I have an amazing experience. The All Star resorts provide an amazing family experience and make the resort experience more relaxing. All the attractions are fun and entertaining. I visit at least twice a year and I can say I never get bored.

Jeremy Webb Covington, LA

Been going to Disney world every year since I was 5 and on some occasions we’ve gone multiple times a year. Unfortunately, I feel that Disney World has gotten worse over the years. Disney has slowly gone down in the whole experience and has switched over to being money hungry and less about the product. Prices go up quality goes down. Disney being so much a part of me I can’t give it a terrible rating because they do have magical elements. But I’m sad to say it’s not what it use to be

April H Lehi, UT

Disney World is different from Disneyland. It feels more "East coast." I prefer Disneyland. Disney World has almost too much to see. Make sure you plan on spending a few days. It has the Disney wow factor every time you turn around but not as charming. The Florida humidity is not fun in the summer months, so plan to go a different time of the year.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I am a HUGE Disney fan. I went to Disneyworld for the first time last year and had a blast. Compared to Disneyland though, I was surprisingly disappointed in a few things. The first thing I noticed was that DisneyWorld is not as clean as Disneyland. Trash on the floors while waiting in lines was pretty common. Also the cast members weren’t as friendly as those at Disneyland. Other than that, I had such a good time and would go again! Expensive yes. But worth it.

GrandpaRod Lehi, UT

I take my grandchildren to Disneyland or WDW on the 8th birthday. It is a tradition we have kept 12 times and we have 2 left. We are coming to WDW in January and look forward to having so much fun. The Disney parks are a tribute to the values of Walt Disney, who wanted to create a safe family oriented place to have fun. He did it.

Trevor Montana McMurtrey Salt Lake City, UT

Disney world is bigger and has alot more to do than it's counter parts in Anaheim California. It is little less clean, but us still an amazing experience. I would suggest get at least a 4 day pass if not more to get the depth of the park. Be prepared to walk alot but make sure you enjoy every moment.