Disneyland Logo

Disneyland was founded in 1955 by Walt Disney. Located in Anaheim, California, Disneyland is constantly growing and bringing in guests from all over the world. With several “kingdoms,” Disneyland has something for everyone. Magic Kingdom, Mickey’s ToonTown, Adventureland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Main Street USA, New Orleans Square, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge all inhabit Disneyland, bringing Disney characters and experiences to life.

Although Disneyland only resides in California, Disney Parks manages Disneyland (CA), Disney World (FL), Disney Parks (Tokyo), Disney Parks (Paris), Disney Parks (Hong Kong), Disney Parks (China), and the new Aulani Disney experience in Hawaii. Besides the characters and attractions, guests enjoy limitless shows, dining, and shopping options.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

What Disneyland lacks in thrill rides, it makes up for in experience. Every time I go, I have so much fun wandering the park and participating in the countless activities they have available. Even as an adult, Disneyland really is the happiest place on Earth!

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Disneyland is not bad, but I feel like the negative side of Disney is never discussed. There are always long lines for the rides, and since it is a place that is meant for kids just be weary to the fact that kids are more than likely to be surrounding you all day. The food and merchandise is overpriced as well. But I wouldn't be opposed to going to Disney for a family trip. But if you want a place for a quick trip with your college buddies, or with your partner to ride adult rides Disney may not be the place for you.

Nicole Kim Rockville, MD

This place is amazing. Since the new addition to downtown Disney. We can enjoy it without paying the park fees. The food and even getting around is great. Disneyland is in a circular layout and is easy to get around. We went with a 1.5 year old but had a lot of things to do. I would avoid going if the temps reach higher than 80degrees. It was blazing hot. But if you can get the twilight pass it’s great at night. One of the best things was the fireworks and the parade at night. Our child loved the lights and different characters dancing through. The bathrooms are conveniently located throughout the park. The food is great but I would recommend planning that out too as there are many things to try at the park. Our favorite was the dole whip soft serve. The price was high per ticket but after enjoying the full day we thought it was worth every penny.

[email protected] American Fork, UT

We have gone to this magical place yearly for over 25 years. We started out just a young family of four, and now there are ten of us going. It is our tradition to go each year. We have been to Disneyland during all four seasons of the year! Each visit has been amazing! We have special memories of the different rides, characters, parades, and special yearly occasions. Now that we are grandparents in our early seventies, we are planning our annual trip for the month of November. We have stayed at all of the different Disney properties and we really don't have a favorite, because each has their own unique atmosphere. Basically you just can't go wrong with whatever you choose!!! The price for entrance has changed over time, but it is so worth the smiles, laughs, and joy that we get to experience together. Disneyland is truly the "happiest place on earth"!!!

take7 Sandy, UT

The experience is always fun and memorable but dang those prices are scary with the 6 kids I have. But it can be worth it if you know how to plan and organize your visit. The food is the best part for me! The kids love the character visits but we have to plan that out too. Lines are long with little kids but again you have to plan that out too and there have been times we've visited where it was busy but not long. The staff are fun and bright. The color art works and the fireworks are a treat to end the night every night! I prefer taking my kids when they're old enough to remember, because it is all so memorable.

Matisyn Johnson Salt Lake City, UT

Disneyland is such a fun place to go on vacation or for any time. I love going to Disneyland with my family. It is so amazing to see your little siblings faces when mater the truck comes driving down the street or the princesses show up , And they think they came for them. Boys and girls can get the thrill of riding space Mountain or become a rebel in the rebel alliance from Star Wars. Disneyland is such an amazing place to go. The people are always friendly and the staff are eager to help. Last time I went it was raining and the staff was sweeping water off the streets. It is worth the price to go. I wouldn’t recommend the park if you are Just a thrill seeker, Disneyland is more about the magic, the characters and the experience. Amazing food amazing experiences and amazing memories.

Gabrielle Knopp Boulder, CO

I went to Disneyland a few summers ago with my boyfriend and his family for his high school graduation. It was SO MUCH FUN. I had never been there before when I was little, and it was just as fun (perhaps even more fun) as a young adult. You can appreciate all of the little details and effort that the 'Imagineers' put into making the park a wonderful experience. I also really appreciate how CLEAN the park is!! I never liked going to amusement parks near my hometown because they were so run-down and dirty, but the Disneyland park was INCREDIBLE.

Elizabeth Norton ,

Disneyland has fun down to a science. They are so detail oriented and really know how to make people happy! The entire family had the best time of our lives in the park! It's always very clean and everyone is so helpful and friendly. I feel like they really go out of their way to make sure people have a good time and feel the Disney magic. Greatest place on Earth! I want to go every day!

Adam Bliss Lehi, UT

I took my family to Disney Land and we had a blast! We went in October, the lines were short, and the weather was perfect. I wanted to see and do everything! By the end of the 1st day my girls were ready to go back to the hotel to rest. I carried them back, since they were tired from me saying “come on, one more.” What a wonderful time we spent there as a family. Unforgettable!

Jasmyne Love Hayward, CA

Disneyland is one of the best parks I have ever been to. The park is very clean and tidy. Parking was great at Disneyland. They had an employee directing you where to park. Transportation from the parking lot to the park went very smoothly. The food was incredible at any shop you went to. Every employee, especially the ones dressed up looked proud and happy to be there. The only negative thing that I got out of attending this theme park was long lines and sunburns. Just pack sunscreen and wear good shoes.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

We love all that Disneyland has to offer. We took our kids when they were very small. We groomed them to recognize all of the characters. They loved meeting all of them but Daisy. They were so small that they didn't know what rides were, so we were able to ride the carousel over and over... They loved it. 10 years later we are planning our second trip... They can't wait. They know what rides are now.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

We absolutely love Disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. We have taken the kids several times and it’s never a dull moment. Even in my adulthood, I still continue to go Disneyland and enjoy it every time. The customer service, the staff, the shows, the rides, it’s all amazing. We always look forward to going to Disneyland.

Rosie J Lehi, UT

We visited Disneyland on the hottest day ever. Many rides where not working because of the complications of the heat. That being said. They did any excellent job in letting us get on the sides that where working and they would let you know when the sides where working. Most people left that say, so there where small lines. I love Disneyland. They need more of them is my biggest complaint. One in Utah. One in Texas. One in New York. If there where more Disneylands it would not be so crowded normally.

April H Lehi, UT

We have vacationed at Disneyland a lot over the years while raising our five kids. In fact, I think it would be everyone's first choice every time. My teenagers even love it. We love the magical atmosphere, entertainment and rides. They let you bring in food so even though the food is expensive for a big family, you really only end up having to buy one meal if you plan it right. We've made some great family memories here time and time again. I do wish there was a family discount or that the prices would go down a little. We would definitely go more often if it was more affordable.

Nate Jenson Provo, UT

We had the opportunity to be at Disneyland on a day that recorded the hottest ever temperatures at a Disney theme park. Rides were overheating and it was so hot, it just wasn't fun anymore. I had 2 experiences to relate. One was when I asked a restaurant worker where I could fill up my water bottle she replied, "not here". She didn't want just anyone walking into the restaurant, I guess. The other was when we were eating at a different restaurant in the park about an hour later, one of the servers made us feel like she was so glad we came. She was glad we were there. Due to the heat, I'm sure she was miserable too, but I didn't sense it from her at all. Overall I think the park trains their people very well and the second person is likely more typical than the first.

Denise Riggs Midvale, UT

I am a huge Disney fan and have been for years! This past year I have been to Disneyland 3 times and I can’t wait to go back. It is literally my happy place. For the amount of people who traffic the park it amazes me how clean it is. From the music, the shows, the FOOD and oh! the rides! It’s Literally magic. Dole whips, beignets, churros, Mickey Pretzels! Disneyland is all about good clean fun and bonding with family and friends. Memories have been made and will continue to be made. Thank you Walt for making such a magical place for our family!

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

We went to Disneyland and California Adventures 02/04-02/05. The parks were fun as always. I prefer Disneyland to Disney World as the parks are cleaner, the cast members are friendlier, and the overall experience is more intimate. Crowds are a lot smaller during the off season so our line waits were usually about 20 mins. Downloading the Disneyland app as well as using the MAX PASS option is well worth the money. Saves time as well as saves extra walking trying to find FAST PASS Distribution kiosks.

Edith O'Halloran Englewood, CO

a trip to Disneyland is looked forward to by all people of all ages and backgrounds. The parks are always clean and accommodating. The organization does its very best to present the characters in full costumes that have been maintained to the highest level. The characters have been thoroughly trained to stay in character for all ages. when you are in a waiting line you are entertained the entire time as to distract boredom. The rides and grounds are expertly maintained and cared for. Details, details on entertainment, accommodations, drinks and food are looked after to provide the very best experience available. Restrooms and changing faculties that are provided for young families are always cleans and well supplied.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I’m not sure how Disney could earn a bad review... they absolutely kill it. The parks are always clean and energetic, the cast members are all so helpful- it’s truly the happiest place on earth and they are determined to help everyone have a great experience! I could definitely stand to pay less for the tickets and food inside the park but honestly- it’s still worth it!

Lawrence Lee Provo, UT

Why is it so dang expensive!? K I kind of get it already, but I do wish it was cheaper, or that there were some other pricing options for people who don't mind going on off-days and at off-times. Having been from southern California and enjoying the socal pass, I admittedly love Disneyland and the experience it effectively creates for people. From the music to the rides to the park personnel, it makes for an exhausting but good day. I've heard rumors of poor treatment of company employees and I hope they consistently are finding ways of improving that. I think people know what they're getting into when they plan to go to Disneyland so I don't know how much I can harp on the prices for everything, but it's a fun place and worth it to go if you can justify the price within your budget!

Vanessa Hansen Payson, UT

Truly the most magical experience! I went for my 40th birthday with my sisters. They gave me a birthday pin and I decided to wear it. I’m a serious introvert but I’ll tell you, when ever a cast member wished me a Happy Birthday (even from the parade route, I loved it. I felt truly celebrated. Which surprised me because you’d have thought I’d have hated the attention. I guess that’s just the magic of Disneyland.

CORTNIE Villezcas Logandale, NV

Disney is NOT little KID FRIENDLY. The lines at all "kiddie rides" are impossible. The food prices are OUTRAGEOUS. The crowds are so big, that its almost impossible to push a stroller. Many rides and attractions are closed and the inconsiderateness of many visitors, makes it difficult to enjoy the "magic". Disney is pricing its way out of the reach of most families. However, for older kids and bigger rides, you can grab a fast pass for one ride and stand in a different line, while you wait for your Fast Pass time to come. The light show and the parades are FANTASTIC and hints of the "magic" of just being at Disneyland, is still there (a little). California Adventure was less crowded and very fun. Overall, I would go again with older kids or just a an adult (not with littles again).

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

Disneyland is a fantastic theme park, I've had a great time there every time that I've visited. Little kids love it, and grown ups do to. Disney always comes with a bunch of nostalgia and that comes through in the park. They have fun performances, beautiful displays, fun rides, and tons of delicious food. I would absolutely recommend visiting if you have the chance.

Trent Frazer Riverton, UT

What detail! Everywhere I looked as we walked down Main Street was quality detail. It was the perfect setting to forget work and everyday stresses and be able to focus on enjoying my family. Everywhere we went was clean, the cast members were helpful and kind, even the other guests were mostly happy and friendly to us, especially to our three children. We can’t wait to go back. 3 days was just not long enough.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

This is the happiest place on earth, if only it was a little cheaper on the pocket book. For a large family it is hard to buy the tickets so save your money if you are going to go or buy them with a special deal through a travel agent. The park itself is magical and I love the layout of the park. It is worth every penny and I like the fast pass idea to be able to ride your favorite rides while you are there.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

If you want a clean family friendly amusement park there isn't one greater than Disneyland. As my children are now having children of their own they relate that their favorite vacations growing up were definitely when we traveled to CA to Disneyland. The shows are now my favorite part, I think they are as good as off Broadway in New York! The price is still great when you consider all the entertainment you have for the day.

Kylie Alpine, UT

Disneyland is a magical experience, and I truly believe it is the happiest place on earth. All the workers there make you feel welcomed and enjoyed. It’s a place where everyone can be happy and remember the joys of childhood. The different sections of the park include a variety of food and rides that makes doing the park in one day almost impossible. You’re favorite Disney characters come to life as they walk through the streets and say hello to you. This is a place where children can have fun as well as many adults

Ashley Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

Disneyland has been our family favorite every time we visit California for the summer. We even try and fit it in when we visit for our volleyball trips. We like it because we have made family memories there and there really isn't a happier place on earth! We enjoy the shopping, the entertainment, the food and even the small world ride. It is always a clean family friendly environment and the chance to buy the quick pass helps move the lines along. We will be life long Disneyland patrons! If you have never been on your birthday it is a great experience, you should try it!

Kimmi Riverton, UT

Fun, magical place to take the kids. The workers are helpful and friendly while doing a great job keeping the park clean. Ticket prices are high as well as everything in the park. Be prepared to spend your time talking while standing in lines.

Bret Norton Thatcher, AZ

I have always loved Disneyland since my childhood. The memories are wonderful. I have enjoyed enjoying it with my children. The park is very clean and the environment is wonderful. It is usually very crowded which can be frustrating so you just have to go knowing that nothing will happen quickly. Love it.

Natalie Brown Boulder, CO

The experience in Disneyland is incredible. Seeing all the rides, and people in costumes and in character is so much fun. At the end of the night when the parade is done and the fireworks are set off to say goodbye for the day, it is truly magical. I can't wait to go again sometime in the future.

April aphe8493 Castle Rock, CO

Disneyland is one of my favorite places to go. You walk in and it smells of fresh pastries and everyone around seems happy. There is something about Disneyland that just boosts my happiness level up. Although its very expensive to go the quality of the rides is worth it. Although I wish they had cheeper options for hotels onsite because I would love to stay onsite at least once.

Haley Nemmers Boulder, CO

Disneyland is my favorite place in the whole world, I could spend every day there. I always have such a great time and the cast members are so amazing. There is always such yummy foods there, I try something new every time. You have to go if you get the chance.

Jaiden Barney Seattle, WA

Disneyland is the BEST place to summon your inner child. Everything is happy, uplifting, and MAGICAL. My husband and I went with my family last year and he was blown away by the amount of effort that goes into every bit of the parks. Disney really knows what they are doing when it comes to pleasing the crowds.

Olivia Norton Thatcher, AZ

I love Disneyland!! I went once when I was ten and because I got sick I wasn’t able to go see the princesses. So they got me signed pictures of the princesses! The workers are so accommodating and friendly and the food is amazing!!

Emily Norton Tucson, AZ

Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth! You have to go knowing you’ll wait in lines and that food is a little more expensive, but if you plan your time well you can have the best experience! I always bring some snacks and a water bottle in so I can just focus on the attractions.

Lou Orem, UT

My family LOVES Disneyland! They love it even more the older my kid’s get. Last time we went in the “off” season and were able to run from ride to ride. The app is super handy to schedule the fast pass times and save waiting time! We are planning another trip soon.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

DIsneyland was such a great experience. The services were catering to all of the customers, regardless of age. It is very kid friendly and has something amusing to all age groups. The tickets to enter are a bit pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.

Sophilino Tallahassee, FL

Is there anything better? Any joy purer? No. Disney is known as the "happiest place on earth" for a reason. If you don't like long lines or being claustrophobic then maybe this isn't the place for you. BUT the time spent there is always a blast.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

Disneyland is the cleanest and happiest place on earth. The customer service is over the top. My son lost his baseball hat and was crying. A Disney employee took him to the nearest store and had him pick out a brand new hat. That was unexpected but so kind. It made his entire trip.

Tyler Oskaloosa, IA

Disneyland is one of my favorite destinations on the planet. There is something there for everyone of all ages that everybody can enjoy. The service and quality of the park is unmatched, and it’s atmosphere and magical feeling is unbeatable.

JR Phoenix, AZ

Although Disneyland is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, it falls short of that. The lines are obnoxiously long, even when using the fast pass you have to wait a minimum of 45 minutes. They need to come up with some kind of better system so you don’t spend more than half of your day waiting in line to go on a 90 second ride. It also makes it very difficult for people who can’t stand long amounts of time, no seating areas while waiting in line and only chains in between the lines so not even an option to sit down anywhere. I do enjoy most of the rides, the avengers one is pretty cool.

Linda Lender Orem, UT

I recently went to Disneyland and had a whole new experience. I found amazing food there. There are macaroons are the best .there beignets are wonderful. There are so many great places to eat now. Also the chicken dinner with some of the best chicken I've ever had.

Ben Pipes ,

Disneyland has been a favorite getaway for my family for a long time. The rides, experiences and food are such high quality and every aspect is designed to create a lasting memory. I appreciate the fast pass and the ability to bypass the long lines for a quicker access to favorite rides and that it does not cost extra. Would recommend to anyone.

stevey shumway Orem, UT

Disneyland has always held such a special place in my heart. When you go to Disneyland, you feel like a little kid again. Everything is magical. I do have to say it is very expensive but all well worth it in the end. The experience and memories that I have from the park are never ending. It is a great family environment, the food is to die for, and every moment spent their is magical.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

The best thing about Disneyland is how amazing every experience is, even standing in line keeps you entertained. There is so much detail to look at and the rides are immersive and fun. Disneyland is definitely a place everyone should visit in their lifetime!

B. Scott Midvale, UT

Disneyland truly is a magical place. From dawn to dusk they think of every detail to make the Disney experience perfection. No nook or cranny is left unnoticed or unattended. We appreciate the cleanliness and easy access to anything we could possibly need or want.

Sandi Burkinshaw South Jordan, UT

Disneyland is a magical place. Watching my kids eyes light up when they see Main Street is always a treat. Timing your Disneyland trip just right can mean the difference between enjoyable and frustrating. On a recent February trip we ran from ride to ride and were able to enjoy our favorites multiple times. If you plan on going during the summer make sure to utilize the fast pass.

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

Nothing compares to Disneyland and the memories we make there! Our family loves buying the park hopper pass so we can enjoy both Disneyland and California Adventure. Star Wars land was a huge hit for our family as well so we were glad to be able to go during our most recent visit!

Rachel F Salt Lake City, UT

Max pass app is definitely the way to go now. We go to Disneyland every couple years and this past summer (2019) was a game changer in the way we hit the park. With 3 kids ages 7-12 we were able to go on every ride as well as hit the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in one day. We are one day Disney people and this made it possible.