Busch Gardens Logo
LAST UPDATED: June 22nd, 2021

Busch Gardens is an animal themed amusement park that thrills visitors with a diverse number of attractions including roller coasters, water rides, animal habitats, shows, and tours. There are two locations in the United States, the first of which is located in Tampa Bay, Florida and opened in 1959. The second park is situated in Williamsburg, Virginia and opened to the public in 1975.

With over 200 animal species, Busch Gardens is Tampa Bay’s largest zoo. Visitors can choose from a variety of experiences such as hand-feeding, safari-style animal tours, and being a zoo keeper for the day. Both amusement parks are well known for their roller coasters which include 360-degree vertical loops, inverted riding, river rapids, and a 335-foot drop.

Other amusement park activities include the following:

• Pin trading
  • Dining
  • Shopping
  • Family friendly shows and performances
  • Roller coaster tours

For specific membership plans and pricing packages, interested consumers may consult the company website for details.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I love Busch Gardens and I have been to a couple different locations. There is definitely something for everyone from large to small. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The park is set up so if you have small kids and or strollers you can get around easily and have plenty of parking. The value is a whole lot better than the other major parks in my opinion. Skip the lines and head over to BG and enjoy your day!

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

Busch Gardens is one of those hidden gems in the amusement capital of the world. The roller coasters are awesome for the teenagers, the kiddie areas are fun and don't have long lines like other parks, so you're able to do a lot in a short amount of time. The park is also beautiful and there are lots of trees around for shade when the sun is blazing hot. Busch Gardens is awesome because you get top notch rides and thrills, without the long lines that you might find at the other amusement parks in Orlando. It's not too far if you're in Central Florida and it's close to the beach, so great destination for a family vacation.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

When I was a kid my family and my friend's family went to Busch Gardens in Virginia and we had an awesome vacation! My friend and I were eight years old at the time, and my friend's younger brother was five. There was activities for all the age groups we had with us, including our parents, and it was a really great family-oriented vacation for all of us!

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

Busch Gardens in Tampa is great, the rollercoasters are some of the best in florida and their animals and flowers are always a great site. The staff working their seem to enjoy their jobs and are always kind and helpful. The park is also very clean.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Busch Gardens has some extremely fun rides and attractions. I love the themes and the cleanliness of the theme park. All of the staff are helpful and friendly. The ticket costs are very reasonable. The memories are the best. They help you have a fantastic time!

Syl North Port, FL

This park is very family-oriented. The park has the best roller coasters, but if you don't like riding them, you have other alternatives. While the members of my family are in the rides I spend my time watching the animals, ride in the train and watching the shows.

Mikayla Ralston Navarre, FL

One of my favorite places to go. We usually visit the Williamsburg location once or twice a year. The park is beautiful. It's well maintained. The staff is generally kind and helpful. We also love all the shows/events going on in the park.

DAVID HADAWAY Long Beach, MS

Took my son to Busch Gardens Dark Continent in Tampa and had an absolute blast. Loved the safari theme that was carried throughout. As a member of the Armed Forces, I really appreciated the courtesy park entrance. Thank you Busch Gardens!

Haelyn Lahens Deerfield Beach, FL

This is one of the best theme parks for older children. They have great rides that are fun and worth the price. It is not overpriced like many other theme parks and they always have AMAZING deals so your family does not have to spend a complete paycheck on tickets.

Jazilynn Brown Fort Lauderdale, FL

I've been to this park at least 10 times throughout my life.. and every time it seems to always have a different ride that peaks my interest. I love it! I would visit 10 times over and over again. The food is also very delicious.

Laurie Massie Lakeland, FL

Love that you offer a Military Discount! Thank for for supporting service members and their family members! The park is great, but this makes it just that much better!!

Azrienne Tallahassee, FL

absolutely one of the best times i’ve had in a long time. great for a family weekend getaway! the tickets were fairly cheap and one of my favorite rides was the Sheikra and the Cheetah!

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

At Busch Gardens the lines are really short and the wait times are also really short.The food prices aren’t too bad in the foods pretty tasty as well.The roller coasters are very fun and very high and fast.

Zabsanti Slidell, LA

This park gave one of the best experiences with my family. Much of the park was gorgeously decorated and at night, the whole park would come to life. The extra care that the staff does in their services also made the experience that much better

Hallieford Orem, UT

We love the big rides at Busch Gardens. The live entertainment was fun when we needed a break to relax. We couldn’t believe how many different animals there were to see. The park is very well kept and family friendly.

Mhorne182 Pleasant Grove, UT

Busch Gardens in Tampa is a beautiful park. The rides are amazing and the animals are cool too. I could watch the hippo all day. I would go back anytime. The military deal makes it extra sweet.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

We had so much fun at Busch Gardens. It was July so it was hot but the crowds were not bad. There were plenty of fun and thrilling rides and lots of animals to see also. They also had some very good shows.

Imani Monroe Tallahassee, FL

Me and my boyfriend travel to Busch Gardens once every month. I constantly get year round passes because they have a lot of attractions and events for adults to really enjoy. Never a waste here.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

Busch Gardens is a great place for a family vacation as lines for rides are shorter than most amusement and theme parks such as Disney allowing more time to enjoy more rides. The overall atmosphere of the park was okay, but unlike Disney where you could bring food into the park, Busch Gardens does not allow that.

Brittany Smith Long Beach, MS

As a child my family would come here together. I have so many great memories! The park is clean has many things to see and do and Learn about! Animals rides food! Cant wait to bring my children.

Nazjah Yates Jacksonville, FL

Busch Gardens is one of my favorite theme parks. They have very fun and exhilarating rides for older children and young adults. Busch Gardens has delicious food and the park remains very clean. The staff is very friendly.

Joi Lewis Tallahassee, FL

Busch Gardens is a theme park everyone should experience. The rides are SO fun! Especially the Sheikra (my favorite ride). The food is also really good, especially the turkey legs!

sommore robinson Miami, FL

Busch gardens was an amazing place to visit. the rides are very run and very say to ride multiple time. I did not go during a time of high volume which made it more enjoyable to ride the rides. worth all the money spent.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I attended Busch Gardens when I was in 8th grade years ago. The park was very clean and the lines were also not too long. The roller coasters were very fun and it seemed like a very fun experience.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

Busch Gardens has some amazing roller coasters! I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL. The park is more suited for teenagers and adults because of the height requirements for so many of the rides.

Ariyana Miller Riverview, FL

A very great experience and this location has something for everyone. From the thrilling roller coaster rides to the seaseme street kids zone, this is a place the whole family can enjoy.

Went with our school trip one year. It was a chilly rainy day but the gardens were amazing. A person without a green thumb can truly appreciate all the work that goes into settings up and maintain such an amazing site.

Carl Harold Irving, TX

Very great park if you don’t feel like paying the price for big parks like Disney and Universal. The staff is very kind and the rides are almost as fun as the other parks!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I’ve gone to Busch gardens once, didn’t ride everything, but yet that was enough for me. There are a few rides that are really fun and worth waiting for, but I find the visual aspect of the park a little boring. Best to come maybe once or twice a year maximum.

Nichola Churchwell Tallahassee, FL

The best in theme park rides, Cheetah hunt, Montu and Sheikra takes it to the next level, what is amazing is the safari experience with Busch gardens.

Bianca Jyotishi DeLand, FL

I LOVE Busch Gardens. The rides are versatile so they're good for all family members and the animals are taken care of well, too. Definitely my favorite theme park!

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa and it was such a great experience. All the rides were entertaining and fun. The lines were bearable and the employees were there to ask questions.

fernandopessoa Herriman, UT

We went here for our honeymoon and has the best time ever. Rides were exhilarating and well maintained. Park was clean and well kept. Would definitely go back.

Erika Douglas Cedar Fort, UT

I have only been to the Busch Gardens in Virginia. But I would definitely go again. The rides were great, There was a variety of food, and fun gift shops.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Busch Gardens has some of the best roller coasters for kids and adults of all ages. They have thrill rides for adrenaline seekers and smaller rides for younger crowds.

Jesse Rice Biloxi, MS

My experience in Bush Gardens Williamsburg was great. Love the different countries and the Loch Ness Monster. The admission price isn't that bad either. I have 5 kids and can't wait to go back.

Violet Acosta Stewart Marietta, GA

I've been to the ones in Florida and Virginia. No matter the weather it was an enjoyable time. With just my wife and I, or with the kids it was always fun.

Luna Rockville, MD

It is not one of the biggest amusement parks but it has enough thrill rides that will take you the entire day. The food in the park is expensive. Overall, the experience was great.

Erna E Valcin Tallahassee, FL

As a person who is terrified of rides, the experience was fulfilling! The attractions were so diverse for the audience and it made for some great memories with my friends.

Connor Farmington, UT

Busch Gardens is one of the cleanest parks with gorgeous scenery. The rides are thrilling, and they have great treats. Definitely a must go if you are on the East Coast.

Jon Robinson Riverton, UT

Busch Gardens has some of the best roller coasters in the country. If you like adrenaline and thrill rides, I highly recommend a trip to Busch Gardens.

Georgia Kibler Long Beach, MS

The experience was enjoyable and the lines were short. The landscape was enjoyable to look at as well

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

This amusement park is more for rides. If you like roller coasters this is where you will want to go. Always clean and well presented.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

I really enjoyed my most recent visit to Busch Gardens. They have a wide variety of rides for both adults and kids of all ages. Will be going again soon!

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

We went to Busch Gardens as a family and had a great experience. The park could have been a little cleaner and better kept but the service and fun was awesome.

Jakob barre Norcross, GA

Great roller coasters for the family kind of upset about the overpriced food. Can’t wait to go next time though although I might have to bring my own food next time.

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

This is a fantastic place for for families to come together! The food is a little pricey but if you make your own food it’s not to bad.

AGenes Park City, UT

I had a blast at Busch Gardens. Love the countries theme of the park. We went during Halloween and at night they turn it into a fright night!

Amanda Salt Lake City, UT

I’m from Utah and I’ve been to the Williamsburg park twice. It’s a nice little park with my favorite rollercoaster ever, Apollo’s Chariot!!! Loved it!!! We went in October and enjoyed Halloween/fall decor.

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

We were visiting in Florida and almost didn’t go here. So glad we changed our minds. Great park! The staff is so friendly. The park it clean and very well maintained.