Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers was founded in 2002. It is a treatment center for kids between the ages of 13-18. And they offer a comprehensive, clinically based treatment option for those in need and their families. Visions' uses a multi-modal approach for treatment of complex issues. The program encompasses the family, previous treatment professionals, teachers, community experts and their own team of unparalleled clinicians.
- Four treatment program options
- Full spectrum treatment team
- Wide variety of adjunct services
Four Treatment Program Options
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers offers four treatment programs, as well as psychological evaluation services.
- Adolescent Residential Treatment Malibu: This facility offers a quiet, supportive environment tucked away in the hills of Malibu, California. The 25-acre facility is a Mediterranean style home and, therefore, offers a home-like setting. It's also private, hidden, gated and not accessible to the public. They also provide a well-supervised environment and they have a crisis intervention team available 24/7.
- Adolescent Outpatient Counseling: This option provides two Los Angeles outpatient structured programs with solution-based treatments that are based on the clients' objectives. This program requires involvement from a family member or legal guardian. The information for this program is well-designed and broken down step-by-step on the Visions' website.
- Adolescent Day School: This option provides a safe learning environment for students who are unable to function in a mainstream environment due to addictions and other emotional and behavioral problems. The Visions' website provides very detailed information about this program so you can see exactly what is involved every minute of the day.
- NeXt...Adolescent Extended Care: This option provides a safe, supportive, next step daily living program. This program is filled with structured accountability that helps the client support implementing learned skills and positive choices that can lead them to a healthy and productive lifestyle. The NeXt program is for ages 15-18 and requires the involvement of a family member or guardian. The average length of stay for this program is 90 days.
Full Spectrum Treatment Team
The Visions' treatment team is quite impressive. The team includes licensed therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, medical doctors, registered dietitian, equine therapist, supervising nurse, art therapists, and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) informed programming. So it appears they have the appropriate staff to handle just about any aspect of treatment that's needed.
Wide Variety of Adjunct Services
In addition to Visions' therapeutic program, they also provide a wide variety of adjunct services to enhance the treatment goals of each resident. They offer an on-site school with three hours of individualized schooling each weekday. An individualized physical fitness program, nutritional services, equine therapy, psychological services, and a discharge and aftercare plan. They also provide an alumni program and annual alumni events so likeminded people can get together and support each other in a variety of different settings.
- Undisclosed rate of recovery
- No medical detoxification services
- Pricing structure not made public
Undisclosed Rate of Recovery
Unfortunately, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers doesn't disclose their rate of recovery. This is something that can be easily obtained by a quick phone call; however, it would be more beneficial to their website visitors if they were to include it on their website. Including this information on their website would be more convenient to those trying to decide which treatment center to choose.
No Medical Detoxification Services
Visions' doesn't appear to offer any type of medical detoxification service. This option would be beneficial to those with a severe dependency as it would help them to deal with the symptoms of withdrawal; however, they do have medical doctors on staff; therefore, you should ask if they can offer a medical detoxification option upon request.
Pricing Structure Not Made Public
Visions' does not publicly disclose their pricing structure nor do they provide any type of examples. However, this is not uncommon. Posting this type of information on their website would help their site visitors to more thoroughly understand what all is involved in entering an alcohol rehab program. Without this information, many people might be under the false impression that they can't get treatment because they can't afford it.
The Bottom Line
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers offers many program options and they have an impressive team of in-house professionals so they appear to be able to handle just about any need. Additionally, their adjunct services, aftercare and alumni activities seem to go above and beyond what other treatment centers offer; however, we feel they should disclose their rate of recovery and at least an example of what type of pricing someone could expect so they can make an educated decision about their options.