Intervention services are offered free of charge and same-day tours and admissions are possible, as long as space permits.
The programs which are offered by Utah Addiction Centers are especially designed for those with a dual diagnosis. They include:
- Primary Care: Consists of the first 30-days in treatment. This is the time to obtain psychological testing, stabilize, develop awareness and create a plan.
- Extended Care: Following primary care, this level of care continues to address deep-seated problems and finalizes residential treatment as the process of stepping down into outpatient and aftercare. Length of stay is determined by individual need.
- Aftercare: Aftercare is fundamental in creating life-long recovery and wellness. Individuals are encouraged to actively participate in at least 12 months of aftercare which includes alumni support groups, anytime group sessions for life (no additional charge to Utah Addiction Centers™ alumni), individual therapy with the primary therapist for the first year, and random drug screens to sustain compliance and accountability.
12-Step program assistance is available, both LDS-based and non-LDS based.
The center offers a list of items which they suggest that clients bring to rehab, such as:
- Prescription medications – at least 2-weeks supply, written prescriptions must accompany all samples (Medications may be verified with prescribing physician at time of admission).
- Over the counter medications
- Music Players (may not have phone, internet, or camera capabilities)
- Appropriate books
- Musical instruments
- Blanket, linens or pillow (these are provided if needed)
- Exercise clothing and gym shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing (Including shoes/boots for the horse pasture)
- Toiletries (all toiletries w/ any type of alcohol will be lock-up)
- Razors and more.
The Utah Addiction Center is small and less expensive than other programs. The center does not have an onsite chef, and clients take turns cooking meals for each other, family style. This center is not as posh and high-brow as other centers, so for those looking for a 5-star resort feel for their rehab, it is not a good fit.
Those looking for a strictly medical approach or on-site medical personnel will not find it at the Utah Addiction Centers.