The Kusnacht Practice treats the following addictions: drug, alcohol, sex and love, food (including eating disorders), as well as chronic burnout and pain using a customized plan which may include any/all of the following methods:
- Testing and laboratory work
- Erasing triggers and stressors using EMDR
- Personal training
- Development of an intensive psycho-educational program
- Completing some of the 12-Steps of Narcotics Anonymous.
- Attending Narcotics Anonymous
- Spiritual counseling
- Nutritional and lifestyle coaching and performance enhancement
- 2-day family program
- Providing an intensive after care program which often involves a mentor returning home with the client.
The Kusnacht Practice does not work with insurance doing billing, but will submit paperwork for patient reimbursement. All clients from out of the country must pay in full for service before arriving at the clinic, which varies between CHF 72,500 – 100,000 per week, depending on the level of services needed. The cost also varies based upon the current exchange rate. At the time of this review, the exchange rate was .95 SF to 1 dollar, making treatment cost to be roughly $75,000-$105,000 per week, with the average treatment being between 4-12 weeks.
Clients do not receive group support during their treatment, such as exists in many other settings, which is considered to be very beneficial by many.