For those who are not a fan of the 12-Step Treatment model, Passages is a good option since they employ a completely different program based upon one-on-one therapy and the core belief that addiction is not a disease.
Some points to consider about Passages Malibu:
- JCAHO Accredited – only 6% of rehab centers earn this honor (Joint Commission National Quality Association)
- Forbes magazine’s “Most Luxurious Places to Dry Out” List
- Rated “The Number 1 Rehab in The World” by Healthcare Global
- Holistic approach
- 55 – 70 hours of one-on-one treatment per client, per month
- 4-to-1 Staff-to-client ratio (the highest in the country)
- Licensed nurses on site 24/7
- Team will be comprised of nurses, psychologists, family therapists, trainers, acupuncturists, hypnotherapists, spiritual counselors, and many others, ensuring a client’s complete satisfaction from the day of check in until graduation from our world-class drug rehab center.
Each client receives a personal staff assistant upon check-in as well as a highly trained team of ten personal therapists. The therapies offered by Passages include:
- Acupressure and Massage
- Adventure Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Biochemical Repair (Supplements)
- Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Chemical Dependency Counseling
- Continuing Care
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Life Purpose Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Meditation Therapy
- Nutrition Counseling
- Physical Fitness
- Ropes Course
- Sound Therapy
- Spiritual Counseling
- Tai Chi
Passages offers treatment for addiction to drugs, alcohol and prescription pain killers, which begins with an intensive medical detox program.
Most insurance are accepted, but insurance does not typically cover the entire cost of treatment and treatment at Passages Malibu is quite costly.
Passages Malibu (and Ventura) do not believe that addiction is a disease, which is contrary to the popular line of treatment. Additionally, the “CAADAC (California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals) does not endorse the facility [Passages Malibu] or treatment providers’ views or statements that they have a cure for addiction or that addiction is not a disease.
Treatment from Passages Malibu is extremely high-cost, with a price tag starting around $50,000 for the Ventura location and $80,000 for Malibu.