United Airlines is one of the oldest airlines in the United States, with some of its predecessors going back to the late 1920s. Originally, United Airlines was known as "The Boeing Company," and, in some ways, they still are the Boeing Company since this is the primary plane found in their fleet. United has nine airline hubs throughout the world. Its largest hub is in Houston and handles 16.6 million passengers every year, with 45,413 people getting on United flights every day. Chicago O'Hare is the company's largest hub in terms of departures. United flies Boeing 747s, 767s, 777s, and 787s. They also fly narrowbody Airbus 319s, 320s, Boeing 737s, and Boeing 757s, as well as various Embraer and Bombardier jets for its regional carriers. For its regional flights, United usually uses third-party carriers (such as ExpressJet) to get customers to and from smaller airports when traversing between mainline destinations. United Airlines is also a pretty safe airline. In the past twenty years, there have been 3 fatal flights, including two flights that crashed on 9/11, and one minor incident where some passengers and crewmembers were hurt on takeoff (though there was no structural damage to the aircraft).

The Good

• Ticket prices
  • Boarding
  • Check-in
  • Destinations
  • In-flight services
  • Time in business

United Airlines has a low price guarantee on their tickets. They have some of the lowest ticket prices for both domestic and international flights. Their prices were often the exact same being offered by other large airlines (such as American Airlines or Delta). Because they are such a large airline, they have the ability to offer many different options for ticket times and connections. With their low prices and flexibility, many customers would be able to choose the flight that best suits them while using United. United also offers different discounts and promotions on their website and for reward club members. Customers can become a part of the MilagePlus program and earn different discounts with their miles. Customers can also have United email them specific discounts or promotions that are being offered.

United Airlines has a similar boarding process to many other airlines. Seats are chosen when purchasing tickets and can be changed or upgraded at the check-in time depending on availability. Boarding times vary depending on the flight locations and specific airports being used. United offers a few different methods of check-in including:

• Mobile check-in
• Online check-in
• Airport kiosks
• Airport check-in counters

Using the United mobile app, passengers can check-in for their flight 24 hours before departure and receive a mobile boarding pass. This speeds up the time at the airport and eliminates the need to keep track of a paper boarding pass. Passengers can also check-in 24 hours before departure on the online check-in and can also ask to receive a mobile boarding pass. If a passenger chooses to check-in at the airport, they have the choice of self-service kiosks (which are always open for use) or check-in counters which have specific hours of operation depending upon the airport.

United Airlines serves 374 different destinations, both domestic and international. This is a large number of destinations for an airline and makes United one of the larger airlines available. Some of their top destinations include:

• Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
• Ft. Lauderdale from New York/Newark
• In and around California
• New York
• Chicago
• Las Vegas

United flies to Asia, the Americas, Europe, Oceania, and Africa. With all of their destinations, United would be able to serve many passengers on their flights. They would be able to provide a number of different options and because they offer more destinations than many other airlines, they would have more flight choices for passengers to choose from. United Airlines partners with a number of different airlines so that they are able to provide as many destinations as possible. They also continue to grow and their destinations are constantly changing and expanding.

United Airlines offers many of the customary in-flight services that are expected from passengers. Some of the details include:

• Dining: For economy flights, United offers a snack shop as well as an onboard bistro for their domestic flights. For international flights, they offer a complimentary meal. Often this is a three-course meal with a light snack and beverage options. They provide an option of beer, wine, and water. United also gives passengers the opportunity to order a special meal in advance for any dietary restrictions.
• Entertainment: There are a number of different options for entertainment on United Flights. Some of their planes offer personal devices. The passengers can use a personal device provided that it is already uploaded with a number of games, movies, and TV shows. Other planes offer screens on the back of the seats for passengers to view the entertainment options. And some of the United fleet has main screen entertainment. There is a screen at the front of the cabin for passengers to view the entertainment. The type of entertainment viewing option available for each flight can be found on the United website. They also offer magazines and packages of different DirecTV programs for purchase.
• Shopping: On international flights, United offers tax-free shopping for different items such as fragrances, cosmetics, and jewelry similar to many other airline shopping offers.
• Wi-Fi: United is in the process of making all of their planes have the option of Wi-Fi. Currently, 700 of their aircraft's do offer in-flight Wi-Fi for purchase. The prices vary depending on the specific flight and are not posted to view without specific flight information. Wi-Fi is also not permitted to be used to make any video calls on flights.

United Airlines has been in business for 89 years. They have become one of the oldest airlines, opening their company on April 6, 1926. Since they opened they have been committed to becoming the airline that customers want to fly with. They are currently offering the following to become that airline:

• Most extensive network: United flies 150 customers every year on close to 5,800 flights
• Most flat-bed seats: United offers the most flat-bed seats of any airline
• More overhead space: Passengers enjoy 66% more room
• More leg room in economy: Economy seating on United enjoys extra leg room for their seat

United Airlines also recently received their 5th consecutive perfect score on leading LGBT Equality Index for the Best Places to Work.

The Bad

• Baggage
  • Flight statistics

United Airlines does not allow any checked baggage to be free for most of their flights. In comparison, a number of airlines do allow at least one piece of free checked baggage. A few international flights are free for one checked bag but generally the first checked bag costs $25, the second $35 or $100 for trans-Atlantic, and the third costs $150. Any additional baggage will cost $200 a piece. Additional baggage is also only accepted if the aircraft has room. While the cost is relatively low, it is still a cost while other airlines offer it for free.

The maximum exterior dimension (length + width + height) of standard checked baggage is 62 inches (158 cm), including handles and wheels. Having excess baggage weight or size will come at a fee to be determined by the specific weights and size of the baggage. However, there are restrictions including any baggage weighing over 100lbs will not be accepted (with the exception of assistive devices and musical instruments). Any baggage whose total outside dimensions are larger than 115 inches will not be accepted.

United Airlines flies close to 5,800 flights a year. When examining the daily flights that United flies to the most frequently, they did not have as high of performances when compared to other top airlines. Other airlines close to their size (such as Southwest and Delta) have slightly better statistics of daily flights than United does (as per Flightstats.com). Overall, United had roughly an 82% on time rate, a 7% late, 2% very late, 5% excessive and 1% of canceled flights according to Flightstats.com. Many other airlines have 0% canceled flights, unlike United. When looking at their most active routes, they received ratings lower than average for top airlines. Their top three routes include:

• Washington to San Francisco (3.5 stars, 91% on time)
• Los Angeles to Chicago (3.5 stars, 90% on time)
• Los Angeles to Houston (3.4 stars, 89% on time)

When compared to other airlines that have many high four-star ratings and some five-star ratings, United's 3.5 stars are low. United's most active routes are all domestic routes so it is hard to say how they compare with other airlines on international flights. Their lowest rated flight was the route of Houston to Newark with only 1.9 stars and 78% on-time according to Flightstats.com.

The Bottom Line

We recommend United Airlines as a top airline company. They offer very low prices and tons of flights that consistently leave and arrive on-time. They also are improving their in-flight service to ultimately enhance the overall user experience.

2.9

Buck Nutt

July 17th, 2015 Lake Oswego, OR

I've flown with United many many times & have never had a problem. They are equal to any other airline out there

Jim Hahn

July 17th, 2015 New York, NY

They have too many fees, the seats are too close together, their planes are old and they depend on you providing your own device for viewing entertainment options AND THEN MAKE YOU PAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE. I only use them as a last resort.

Tina Orrell

July 15th, 2015 Riverside, CA

We recently went on a family vacation to Japan which began at LAX. Knowing that the lines to check in are usually long we gave ourselves plenty of time so we didn't feel rushed. Even though we waited in the Self Check In line for over 45 mins we weren't even that mad because we knew what to expect. That changed when it was my our turn. Because I checked in online I still needed to verify our passports. After entering the information for the four of us an error message popped up advising us to 'see agent'. Lucky for us there was an agent right behind the computer. Unfortunately when I asked for help she responded, "I don't work here" and continued with here tasks. I was very confused because she was assisting other guests with their bags and typing on the computer. When I asked her again she stated, "I don't work here you need to speak to an agent". By this time I'm getting a bit angry so I AGAIN asked her why she can't help me when she's standing right in front of me helping the lady to my right. That obviously upset her and she stated, "I'm outsourced so you'll need to find one of the agents in the white shirt walking around the lobby'. So now I'm less then an hour to my flight and I still haven't gone through security because I have to FIND an AGENT on my own whose someone in the lobby. So I apologized to the people around me and dragged my family in search for the mysterious AGENT in the white shirt. Thank Goodness the lady I found was nice and she walked us to the front of the line, verified my passports we were finally on our way. Our first flight to SFO was wonderful and the crew was super nice. Our second flight to KIX was even better. The only thing that saved this day was the wonderful crew and beautiful 787 Dreamliner which was such a comfortable ride. So now lets get to the trip home. We flew on Flight 35 from NRT-LAX. It was obviously a very full flight as people were filling up the boarding area. In case I didn't mention, I used to work for United for over 12 years and always recommended them to friends, family, and current coworkers because I always felt the staff was excellent. Well I was proven wrong on this flight. I offered to gate check two of my bags because I knew it was going to be tight. The agent was very nice and gracious but then we boarded the plane. The Flight Attendants NEVER SMILED which was actually brought to my attention by a fellow passenger whom I've never met before. Well the funny thing was I was shocked that even on International Flights you can't even get a WHOLE CAN of soda. I sat with my two daughters and asked for 3 Sprites to which I received 3 cups of ice and 1 can. When I asked for a second glass I was told, "we're coming back around in about 15 minutes". So naturally I gave up because I didn't want to inconvenience her. The icing on the cake came when the breakfast service came around. My husband was asked his choice and when the Flight Attendant retrieved his tray she honestly shoved in on his tray table which landed on his neighbors tray table. Fantastic Service. I hate that I have a sour taste in my mouth because I truly loved working for United but boy has times changed.

Anna M Pellegrini

July 15th, 2015 Spring Hill, FL

United always overbooks planes! Horrible and Last time I flew - They broke my New Luggage! Never again!

Michael Farrell

July 15th, 2015 Houston, TX

Ever since United took over the helm from Continental they have diluted all what was great at Continental. Shame that the senior management were more focused in lining their pockets than offering a service to those that pay for it. Rather fly Spirit!

Virginia

July 15th, 2015

Flew from Houston to Frankfurt on 4 July 2015. Was seated in Business First, everything was excellent, the meal, the flight attendants and airport staff.

Charles Westrup

July 15th, 2015 Houston, TX

Recently, I flew from Houston to Delhi, India on United and returned on Luftansa. The difference was remarkable. In basically every measure, Luftansa was much better. Plus the food on United was pathetic.

joe hornbuckle

July 14th, 2015 Las Vegas, NV

I've flew with UA to Osaka and Hawaii. Always had a pleasant experience. Usually good from check in to arrival. My only complaint it the the seat are too narrow as with other airlines too. For me they have always been on time or early.

Bobbie

July 14th, 2015 Powell, WY

My worst flying experiences have been with United Airlines. Their seats have less legroom than Delta. Their employees are rude. I have had bad service at the ticket counters with agents checking in bags, with stewardesses on planes, and when trying to call to resolve a problem. Their customer service is terrible. They have frequent late flights, cancelled flights, etc. etc. I avoid United Airlines whenever possible.

Eddie Ngo

July 14th, 2015 Redlands, CA

I'm a life time gold member but have not flown UA Internationally in the last few years as I've not been able to upgrade with miles or find the business class fares not competitive. I last flew UA from LAX to Singapore, and the same amount of miles were removed from my account and was wait listed from Tokyo to Singapore and having flown LAX to Tokyo in business the 7 hour flight in economy plus was not comfortable. Suggest that UA go to economy plus seats like Air France etc. for international flights. UA's business does not compare to JAL,KLM, Air France etc on service and cuisine. I used to be only a UA traveler, but after the merger I found it next to impossible to use miles to up grade even 6 months away, and the price for business non competitive. Even domestic flights in economy plus except for the legroom are still cramped and tight.

Martha Calixto

July 13th, 2015 Madison, WI

I flew with united airline last July 1, my trip was the worst I could first pass a delay of three hours from Chicago to Houston, when it comes to Houston obviously about to lose the flight and to top it off the exit to travel to Veracruz is as far as you have walked into an airport, when he would address suffered a fall, any employee was kind enough to help me, I made a claim for its webpage and this is the date I have not received a response.

Giuseppe

July 13th, 2015 Iowa City, IA

The WORST carrier. I had many problems flying with UNITED this year: flights were cancelled, diverted, delayed, bags arrived late, personnel very unfriendly and rude. BAD customer service. Just last week my international flight was diverted, we were on the ground for more than 2 and half hours. The engines weer not working, the temperature on the plane started to raise and the personnel on board was playing with cell phones instead of offering water or any other comfort drinks or food. On top of it personnel was very rude with people on board. UNITED do you train your personnel? Dear United are you aware we have some rights as customer?

Georgia

July 13th, 2015 Mission Viejo, CA

Since the merger united has become worse. The last time I flew (first class-in April) the flight attendants did not seem to get along. Service was not good!

Sofia Damianos

July 13th, 2015 Hammond, IN

I stopped flying UAL many years ago and even transferred my miles elsewhere. There is zero customer service, zero humanity from most of their staff. Two years ago we decided to fly to Europe and at the last minute, our flight was switched to UAL from Lufthansa. What a huge disappointment. We were crammed in like sardines, no room to move in their seats. The worst part was to watch the guy in front of me twisted like a pretzel in his seat. He was 6'1. I'm 5'1 and based on how I felt the entire time, I can imagine what that poor soul went through. I'd rather pay triple than give UAL a penny of my money ever again. Disgusting

H C La Buschagne

July 13th, 2015

On three flights recently we were boarded and deplaned again and again twice the aircrafts were replaced still the new ones again with mechanical problems. Flights are constantly delayed with people from connecting flights complaining about their own delays. For the international segment through United and on United we are constantly told the flights are overbooked and they are looking for volunteers to take the next flights. Yikes which next flight when your own flights are constantly delayed and changed? It is the most ridiculous experiences I ever had flying and I fly constantly Local and international. You are always told your one piece carryon luggage should go into the hull because the space inside is too small just to find that there is more than enough space. The boarding agents are the rudest and most aggressive of any airline I have travelled with. Why don't you just close down completely.

David

July 9th, 2015 Portland, OR

I avoid United by all costs. Only if there isn't an option. THE most unfriendly airline in the sky.

Jeffrey Amegod

July 9th, 2015 San Francisco, CA

I fly a lot for business and I am in the customer service training field. United is without comparison the worst airline I am ever in my life experience with the worst customer service possible. I have had more mechanical and maintenance issues and I've been lied to so many times by this pathetic airline. Lastly united airlines outsources everyone of the customer service phone calls for which you have to hold upwards to an hour and the ticket counter people are outsourced as well. Thanks to United Airlines I have become a truly happy customer with southwest airlines. It is a pleasure to give my business to an airline that shows that they really care about customers and excels in customer service and takes those extra steps to demonstrate that.

Ian

July 8th, 2015 Big Lake, MN

I am a 1 million miler and lifetime gold member. I fly about 60 - 100K each year. In the last 3 years the service on United has declined to the point of me being willing to sacrifice my lifetime status to try another airline. The food in economy is atrocious and unpalatable. Flight attendants generally behave like they are doing you a favor simply being on board. Amenities like pillows and blankets (slightly larger than a handkerchief) are worse than many budget airlines. Food for purchase is expensive and as disgusting as the meal service! They have also altered the frequent flier rules to make it almost impossible to attain any elite status if you fly economy. The only benefit of my gold status is being able to pick premium seating at the time of booking and priority baggage tags (which don't seem to mean anything at USA airports) and free checked bags.

Beverly Brown

July 8th, 2015 Peoria, AZ

Was in hospital in Honolulu, missed flight, went next day and paid $1500 for ticket back to Phoenix, submitted all documentation and letter from doctor who treated me at hospital (at United's request) proving I had no choice - United would NOT refund my money! I called and talked with them, sent everything by mail and still they said the price was fair - $1500 from Oahu to Phoenix. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad there are other carriers.

Dionne Mcewen

July 7th, 2015 Renton, WA

I said I would NEVER fly United again

Mark Hazelbaker

July 7th, 2015 Madison, WI

We flew United recently from Tokyo to Chicago. It was acceptable. The plane was clean, and the food was good. The video system and selection was up to par. The boarding experience was chaotic, but that's true of all airlines today.

Ingrid Lynch

July 7th, 2015 Waldorf, MD

That would be short and sweet ( not so ) On my last flight to Germany, I flew United. This airline seems to be getting worse every time I fly .How rude the hostess, I asked for water to take some med's I was told " you have to wait , I have better things to do.

hassan alam

July 6th, 2015

I am a 1K and get upgraded frequently. Service for me has been generally courteous and the food decent in the forward cabin. In the economy cabin I generally can get exit row seats. I bring my own food and eat at the lounges. UA treats its very frequent flyers well. I suspect the regular travelers who may have to sit in cramped seats and pay for luggage do not share my experience.

Michael

July 6th, 2015 Spring, TX

United took a great airline - Continental - and ruined it. HF187457. UAL is the worst.

Richard

July 6th, 2015 Irvine, CA

On time arrivals continue to be a problem for UA. Of multiple flights in 2014 (totaling over 100,000 miles) fewer than 25% arrived within 1/2 hour of the scheduled time. Cancellations at the last minute with no alternatives are all too common.

Alan Winninger

July 6th, 2015 Charlotte, NC

I am so tired of sitting in the engine..... maybe a better seat next time...

Angelo Apollos

July 2nd, 2015 New York, NY

I've come to realize that the expectations of the travelling public in the USA are much lower so the standards of customer service and product quality are not on par with those of carriers from Europe, South East Asia or the Middle East. United (like all other US airlines) is more like a low cost carrier than a premium/full-service carrier. You get the sense that a lot more than corners have been cut.

Jane Burt

July 2nd, 2015 Canton, OH

I have never been able to complete my flight home. Always out of Chicago to CAK. Plane breakdown and/or airport shutdown due to weather. When flying west it is almost impossible to avoid Chicago...especially when going to Chicago. But I keep trying. Another attempt this summer. Fingers crossed. Otherwise the planes westbound were on time and I am treated satisfactorily.

Jack

July 2nd, 2015 Atlanta, GA

Their service on an international flight from Tel Aviv< srael to Newark, NJ (ewr) service was fairly good. Upon arriving at Newark I was trying to get to Florida earlier due to the Sabbath approaching and was informed it was impossible, to get onan earlier flight unsure of the reason, I understand there were seat available and had cleared customers and immigration. Service to Miami from Newark was terrible the flight attendants acted like they were doing me a favor, because it was a late flight at 1000-1030 at night arriving in Miami at 12:15 AM. Flight the following year to visit family in Las Vegas was air crew was courteous, but that is about all.

Matt Cox

July 1st, 2015 Kansas City, MO

I love United. Not once, but twice they got me home when another airline stranded me hundreds of miles from home. Also, I fly to Phoenix via Denver a lot and they operate a nice, roomy Boeing 757 from MCI to DEN, not a tiny "regional jet" like most others. I've nothing but nice things to say about them and they'll always get my business to anywhere they fly.

Casey Bailey

July 1st, 2015 Beaver, PA

I love United. Their Customer Service is professional and even though some times the weather or other factors throw a kink into travel plans, United does their best to get you where you're going. Also, their MileagePlus Program is easy to understand and I've found it rather easy to earn status on it even with the infrequent flying I do on a yearly basis.

PAT

June 30th, 2015 Hayden, ID

Last week(6/23/15) we had a return flight from DC. A storm caused our plane to be late. We went downstairs, waltzed up to the UAL counter and were re-booked within 5 min. Even got legs+ on one of the flights and checked our bags at the gate so we didn't have to fuss with carry-ons. ....Now, if only the airports would make some accommodation for folks who are stuck there for long periods.

Al Herr

June 29th, 2015 Miami, FL

I had 3 flights. RNO-SFO, SFO-IAH, IAH-<MIA. All flights were on time and left on time. The gate attendants were very helpful and provided assistance when necessary. The flight attendants were professional and helpful. A very long flight, but made easier by United personnel. I fly United about half the time, and have never been treated rudely, or with distain. Sometime you get what you give.

Marco

June 29th, 2015 Bound Brook, NJ

Trash airline,trash services,worst airline in america. Terrible customer service, They are habitual abusers of tikets pricess

Rudiger Lotz

June 29th, 2015 Caldwell, ID

Canceled our flight. made us stand in line for 2 hrs just to drop our luggage off. Had to sit in Denver for 7 hrs to catch our next flight. I will never fly united again.

Ascot21071

June 29th, 2015 Chicago, IL

I have flown United for over 20 years. Lived in Asia for 8 years and travelled to the US every month, most of the time on UA. Fly at least monthly domestically with 4 international trips a year. I don't have the same experience as others on this site. Delays happen, if I am kept advised of the delay and what they are doing to resolve the delay, I'm fine. Staff are generally helpful and courteous.

Tim Malmkar

June 29th, 2015 Madison, WI

Flew from round trip from Denver to Maui in February of this year. Great flights, great crew members on board, flights on time. No luggage issues. We are mileage plus members and very glad we are. Only one flight attendant that I would give a negative score was flight from Maui to San Francisco. He was a little to self important. Maybe needed to be self important no one else thought he was. I have to say everything else was great, more than met our expectations. Other airlines have let us down.

Bill Waldman

June 29th, 2015 Saddle Brook, NJ

United Airlines is a terrible airline. I purchased a ticket on line from EWR to LAX with a credit I had from a cancelled flight. Every thing was set or so I thought. I tried to print the boarding pass the night before but it wouldn't print so I called customer service. The CSR assured me everything was fine and that I should just go to the airport and I could print out the boarding pass when I got to the airport. When I arrived early the next day, I found a CSR to help me print it out. She printed it out and said everything was fine with my ticket. I went through security and waited at the gate for the flight to board. When my boarding number was finally called, the CSR at the gate pulled me aside and said I owed another $1,000+. They would not let me on the flight without paying same. I asked to see a supervisor and the supervisor backed up the CSR at the gate and would not let me board the plane without paying the $1,000+. No reasonable explanation has ever been given why this happened and the only compensation they have offered is a $100 credit. This is a classic bait and switch that wasted a lot of my time, caused me embarassment and also caused me to miss an important personal engagement. Anyone else out there have a similar experience? Class action?

Jane Burt

June 26th, 2015 Canton, OH

In the last 4 years I flown United twice. Both times my flight out of Chicago did not make it to CAK. The first, the airplane never left Chicago and the first flight I could get was Tuesday - This was on a Friday. The second was weather related CAK was unsafe to land but flying to Pittsburgh instead of waiting for the storm to pass was not a bright move. I avoid United - I am at this point willing to pay more $$$ to avoid United.

Frank Waters

June 26th, 2015 Delray Beach, FL

As a 1.2 million miler with this airline I now find it the worst in the sky. Last Wednesday, I left my home in south Florida at 4:30 a.m. and arrived in my hotel one hour from Boston at 9:45 p.m. that night. It started off with an engine problem in Palm Beach were we sat on the ground for more than three hours. I, like many others missed their connections in Newark and after sitting there for more than seven hours we were not even offered a meal voucher. No apologies and despicable attitude from the so called customer service personnel. They offered nothing in compensation even though under the law one can demand the air fare back after so long a delay. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

J Gee

June 26th, 2015 Westfield, NJ

Continental was superiour to United with a more average-person friendly frequent flyers programme. Since taking over Continental and getting the merger straightened out United has gone down hill. Smaller seats, less leg room, eliminating 2 free bags for international flights and one free bag for domestics USA flights, sometimes miserable staff even on long haul flights, on short haul flights there is no head room storage that will take a regular carry-on bag. The frequent flyer programme has been reduced to favor the business and first class passengers.

MC

June 25th, 2015

The services have declined throughout the years, you just don't know what to expect from flight attendants who behave more as if they are doing you a favor. 3 out of 5 flights taken they have been rude and many I've observed to "discretely" make fun of the customers when they are not english speaking . The delays appear to be now part of the norm, I am very surprised when a flight departs on time, this whole carry on baggage deal where everyone appears to have an interpretation of what carry on will fit or not. I use a Travel pro and it fits in the overhead FINE, yet Ive been bothered by gate agents, to the point where I carry pictures of my carry on inside the overhead fitting just fine not taking up any extra space. Why i continue to use them for now because its where i have my loyalty status and get certain perks, although I have to say last year I was platinum and received upgrades constantly now that I am higher level 1k upgrades suddenly have vanished, someone said to me oh depends on ticket fare class, really? how about paying over $600 for a flight to Chicago from NJ, that to me is a HIGH enough yet no upgrades although available, many on flights they don't offer any type of entertainment...Continental was a good company service was great and I felt like a valued customer. Not happening with United.

Juan

June 25th, 2015 Hobart, IN

Missed a connecting flight because of a delay in our arrival but the plane was sitting on the tarmac and refused to open the door since it had already been closed. The connecting flight was also delayed by 30 minutes but said policy prohibits reopening the door once it is closed. Ok - went to counter and the clerk rudely raised her hand and said to wait for the next clerk to service my need to make rearrangements. She just slinked away without informing or acknowleding me waiting in line and left me hanging! How rude! Had to wait another clerk and form another line. Avoid United if possible.

Barbara Bassill

June 25th, 2015 Milwaukee, WI

I have been flying with United for over 32 years and am a Million mile flier. In February 2015 I flew Co-Chair Swiss to Zürich from LAX and back. After 4 weeks I realized my miles for this co-chair flight had not been credited, so I called Mileage Plus. The agent assured me that within the next 4-5 weeks, my miles would be credited. I called back after 5 weeks since still ZERO miles were credited. What I found out was appalling and terrible: Swiss CHOSE to NOT credit me my miles. The agent read to me the "small print" over the phone and it stated that at "their discretion" the airline can decline crediting the miles at "any time". So I did not get my miles. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. To "coax" a customer into flying with ONE airline, to stay faithful to this airline because of the miles one accumulates. To now learn that this is not happening and might not happen again is just horrible. And this needs to be changed! Sincerely, Barbara Bassill

Anthony

June 25th, 2015 Fresno, CA

Platinum United member and i must say i had my good and very bad flights with United. So far i have been getting excellent customer service. I know many really rip United with being poor customer service but most of the time when United is late or flights cancelled its not their fault. I had bad experiences such as taking approx. 32 hours to get from Fresno Ca. To Newark NJ. (nightmare) Overall i will give them a C+ in performance and a B+ for customer care. Again, this has been my experience and to be fair i flew out from newark nj on monday on time and connecting flight was on time as well.

Rich Bolton

June 25th, 2015 Orlando, FL

On 5/31 we flew to Orlando from Vegas. Our flight was rerouted due to weather. We got to Houston 3 hours late to find out our flight was cancelled. Employees were not sympathetic, or helpful in Houston. We were booked First Class and were treated worse than our luggage. Customer service really sucked, as on two different occasions we were totally ignored at the counter, when we needed to ask a question. We saw videos on Youtube about United and were excited to fly this airline. After our experience we will never fly United again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Clemens

June 25th, 2015 San Ramon, CA

I have been flying United for over 20 years. I am a Million Miler on United. I have had great experiences on my flight and not so great of experience on flights. For the most part, I alway feel taken care of by United. I am concerned with the recent change in the MileagePlus program. It seems that United would rather reward Chase card holders rather than customers who fly them on a regular basis. Being at Gold status allows me to have early boarding, (Group 2), but it is moot since everyone else who applied for a Chase credit card is in that line also. Also, I was highly disappointed with the points I gained under the new Mileage program on my last flight to Hong Kong. Normally I would gain around 20k miles. Under the new program I received 7350 miles. It is pretty crazy and better to just use my Chase credit card to gain point quicker. I am hoping the new program does weed some frequent flyers so that we can get some future upgrades.

Alex Manners

June 24th, 2015 Washington, DC

I Love United Airlines

marco

June 24th, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

worst airline in america. Terrible customer service, old outdated planes. They are habitual abusers of animals. I had ovr 40K miles with them I decided to donate to charity. Never Again.

Connie

June 24th, 2015 Little Falls, NJ

I flew United to Italy paid a little more for the seats but well worth it I got treated really nice both here and in Milan, No delays comfortable seats and really nice people. Will fly them again ,,,,