JetBlue

JetBlue

JetBlue Airways is one of the leading American low-cost airlines. They are headquartered in Queens and they maintain a corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. They have several worthwhile destinations within the United States, along with destinations in the following areas: The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico. As of 2013, JetBlue serves 84 destinations. These hubs are found in 24 states in the United States and the countries listed above. JetBlue is a newcomer in the airline industry. They were founded in August of 1998. The company was founded in February 1999 under the name "NewAir." Several of JetBlue's original employees had been with Southwest. JetBlue has a lot in common with Southwest, being a cost-affordable carrier. Although a low-cost carrier, they strive to provide quality amenities, including in-flight entertainment, TVs in each seat, and satellite radio. We found some good prices with JetBlue. Some of the prices included trips from Salt Lake City to Orlando or New York, which were priced at $168 and $179 respectively.

The Good

• Discounted fares
  • Wi-Fi
  • Baggage

JetBlue does a really good job of providing discounted fares for their customers, as quoted above. JetBlue does more for its customers than some larger carriers. We really liked that JetBlue was one of the companies in the industry that didn't have a refundable/non-refundable fare option, meaning that if JetBlue cancels a customer flight, the customer doesn't lose their fare. We found that this was an issue with other carriers, such as Virgin America. If your flight gets canceled, JetBlue will let you change your flight without the flight change fee.

We also liked that every JetBlue flight has free basic Wi-Fi, as well as a television at every seat. JetBlue's Wi-Fi is more reasonable than the service offered by Gogo, which charges for basic Internet service. JetBlue has a FlyFi program that lets customers get basic Internet for free, but after that, the Internet costs $9/hour for their premium service.

Another thing that we really liked about JetBlue was that they always honor their lower fare. If a customer requests the lower fare 14 days after they purchased their ticket, prior to the date of departure, they can receive the lower fare. However, effective June 30 of 2015, there is a fee based on the fare option selected on tickets exchanged 15 days or more after the date originally booked. These fees are:

• Blue: $70
  • Blue Plus: $60
  • Blue Flex: $0

We also felt like JetBlue had a good baggage protective policy. With smaller carriers, such as Virgin America, we found that the baggage limit liability was not quoted in an exact dollar amount. Some carriers even suggested that their customers should purchase travel insurance rather than guarantee protection for a bag.

We called in and double-checked the price of fare from Salt Lake City to New York. We found that the price quoted to us over the phone was consistent with what was purchased on the website. They also gave us some information on the travel insurance that was quoted to us on the JetBlue Allianz website.

The Bad

• Complaints
  • Short-notice changes

We had to dig a little bit in the complaints on various websites to find some issues that customers had with JetBlue. Some customers reported that they weren't adequately reimbursed for damages to their baggage. One customer reported only getting $50 for damage to some of their child's checked baggage.

Some customers reported issues with flights being changed on short notice and some cancellations and delays associated with plane mechanical issues. Some customers reported delays when calling the JetBlue customer service line. We also experienced some similar issues during our call-in.

The Bottom Line

We recommend JetBlue. We found that their in-flight Wi-Fi is better than some other carriers, such as Delta. We also liked that their insurance coverage and baggage liability was similar to some of the higher-end airlines in the industry. Also, their flight cancellation policy is very fair for a budget airline.

386 JetBlue Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

October 19th, 2017 Oradell, NJ

My bag was lost on a flight on 8/29/17, as of today no one has provided me with any compensation, all they have done this far is pass blame to others. Supposedly Juan X-1163006 is in charge of resolving this, but he has never called me, not once. One guy named Cliff even said he was going to send a check out to cover some of our un-necessary expenses but as of today, 15 days and no check. All I want is a resolution so I can spend my time doing more positive things, waiting this long is not fair to me or my family. My view on Jetblue have changed drastically not because bag was lost but because of the lack of customer service.

September 17th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Flight 1054 SJU -FLL 9/17 packed. FA did servuce then proceeded to hide. Pax matter! I worked for Pan Am. We used to walk thru the cabin in case anyone needed something. Main FA had shoes off and was playing Candy Crush!

June 29th, 2017 New Hyde Park, NY

The rep was so incredibly helpful. She fulfilled my request quickly and efficiently. She was so polite and kind which I appreciated.

June 26th, 2017

Flew JetBlue to FLL this weekend. Both flight there and back were delated. JetBlue lacks in communication. They failed to update their monitors to reflect all the delays and no emails or text messages were sent to me. We were almost an hour late already and the monitors still said "on time". Last night's flight we sat on the plane with the door closed but did it move for over an hour without ANY updates from the crew or captain. Very disappointed in the lack of communication and customer service.

June 23rd, 2017

The flight crew was amazing from preboarding to deplaning. The flight itself was extremely enjoyable with all the room, free snacks and entertainment (directv, syrius radio). JetBlue is without a doubt my favorite airline.

June 13th, 2017

I love JetBlue. I have had some of the most comfortable flights and best service on the JetBlue airlines. I do wish they had more flights to more cities but they do a great job ad making the flight as comfortable as possible.

June 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Mostly happy with the flights I have taken but I always think the prices are high.

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We use JetBlue when we are looking for flights in the United States that are super cheap. I can always count on their cheap prices and their wonderful customer service. I have never had a problem with them.

June 11th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love their low fares and their flight attendants have always been nice.

June 10th, 2017 Orem, UT

when jet blue first came on the scene they were so great! now when i fly with them i am disappointed. they do still have better leg space in coach but they seem to run late most times.

June 9th, 2017

Jet Blue has some lower prices, but their flight destinations and times are limited, at least for where we live. I also don't like the baggage fee. Otherwise, they are a decent airline.

June 8th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Most comfortable seats for any airline. Although they charge for bags now, that does take away from my liking for them a little. Flights are always on time. I have never experienced any delays.

June 6th, 2017 Orem, UT

I needed a flight that was leaving the next day, I was able to find one that fit my schedule and was still really well priced. Flight left on time and there were no issues.

June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

JetBlue has always been my favorite airline, I just wish they went all the way to Puerto Rico. I really like the individual screens so I can watch whatever I want. Their seats are roomier, their snacks are better, and the flight attendants are always very nice. I have never had a bad experience.

June 6th, 2017

It's cheap, which is nice but the service reflects it. Not my favorite airline to fly on

June 5th, 2017

We were delayed over 2 hours with no compensation or any type of food or beverage offered. I tweeted to Jet Blue and was told "oh well, the delay wasn't longer than 3 hours".

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Jetblue is my favorite airline to fly. I appreciate the accommodations they provide that no other airline does (tv, better snacks, etc.). I think their prices are always fair and it seems they have the friendliest staff of any other airline. When I can, Jetblue is always my first option to fly.

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I fly Jetblue every chance I get. They have the nicest, newest planes in the sky. I really like the individual screens and they also provide better snacks. I always receive friendly service, and always enjoy my flight experience. They can be pricier than other airlines, which is why I do not always use them. When I used to fly a lot, they also had limited flight routes. I'm sure they have expanded since then.

May 31st, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I love flying with JetBlue. Their prices motivate me to always consider their services. All of the people who work for JetBlue have always been super nice and accommodating.

May 31st, 2017 Draper, UT

The best domestic flight that I've ever been on was with JetBlue! I was flying from NYC to SLC and we had free in-flight wifi, personal tv screens with movies and shows, and awesome snacks. Well done, JetBlue!