JetBlue

8.1

14 hours ago

JetBlue

90+ destinations with free in-flight entertainment

JetBlue Airways is one of the leading American low-cost airlines. They are headquartered in Queens and they maintain a corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. They have several worthwhile destinations within the United States, along with destinations in the following areas: The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico. As of 2013, JetBlue serves 84 destinations. These hubs are found in 24 states in the United States and the countries listed above. JetBlue is a newcomer in the airline industry. They were founded in August of 1998. The company was founded in February 1999 under the name "NewAir." Several of JetBlue's original employees had been with Southwest. JetBlue has a lot in common with Southwest, being a cost-affordable carrier. Although a low-cost carrier, they strive to provide quality amenities, including in-flight entertainment, TVs in each seat, and satellite radio. We found some good prices with JetBlue. Some of the prices included trips from Salt Lake City to Orlando or New York, which were priced at $168 and $179 respectively.

The Good

• Discounted fares
  • Wi-Fi
  • Baggage

JetBlue does a really good job of providing discounted fares for their customers, as quoted above. JetBlue does more for its customers than some larger carriers. We really liked that JetBlue was one of the companies in the industry that didn't have a refundable/non-refundable fare option, meaning that if JetBlue cancels a customer flight, the customer doesn't lose their fare. We found that this was an issue with other carriers, such as Virgin America. If your flight gets canceled, JetBlue will let you change your flight without the flight change fee.

We also liked that every JetBlue flight has free basic Wi-Fi, as well as a television at every seat. JetBlue's Wi-Fi is more reasonable than the service offered by Gogo, which charges for basic Internet service. JetBlue has a FlyFi program that lets customers get basic Internet for free, but after that, the Internet costs $9/hour for their premium service.

Another thing that we really liked about JetBlue was that they always honor their lower fare. If a customer requests the lower fare 14 days after they purchased their ticket, prior to the date of departure, they can receive the lower fare. However, effective June 30 of 2015, there is a fee based on the fare option selected on tickets exchanged 15 days or more after the date originally booked. These fees are:

• Blue: $70
  • Blue Plus: $60
  • Blue Flex: $0

We also felt like JetBlue had a good baggage protective policy. With smaller carriers, such as Virgin America, we found that the baggage limit liability was not quoted in an exact dollar amount. Some carriers even suggested that their customers should purchase travel insurance rather than guarantee protection for a bag.

We called in and double-checked the price of fare from Salt Lake City to New York. We found that the price quoted to us over the phone was consistent with what was purchased on the website. They also gave us some information on the travel insurance that was quoted to us on the JetBlue Allianz website.

The Bad

• Complaints
  • Short-notice changes

We had to dig a little bit in the complaints on various websites to find some issues that customers had with JetBlue. Some customers reported that they weren't adequately reimbursed for damages to their baggage. One customer reported only getting $50 for damage to some of their child's checked baggage.

Some customers reported issues with flights being changed on short notice and some cancellations and delays associated with plane mechanical issues. Some customers reported delays when calling the JetBlue customer service line. We also experienced some similar issues during our call-in.

The Bottom Line

We recommend JetBlue. We found that their in-flight Wi-Fi is better than some other carriers, such as Delta. We also liked that their insurance coverage and baggage liability was similar to some of the higher-end airlines in the industry. Also, their flight cancellation policy is very fair for a budget airline.

Bob Hiatt
October 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We took a family trip to Florida on JetBlue. It was so fun. The flight attendants were great and very helpful. That was a good experience.

Summer Hiatt
October 22nd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I went to Florida three years ago and flew with jet blue. It was a very good experience but i wish there was better food.

Gavin Schmalz
October 18th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

If I'm ever traveling I will fly Jetblue. the best service and the best experience. fantastic app and online interface for purchasing tickets and researching prices.

Bethany Simko
October 16th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Fantastic airline! great look and great customer service. Snacks are a welcome surprise and they have TVs for every seat. I had lots of room

Steve schramm
October 15th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS

Good rates if you need their limited destinations. Pricing not as competitive as it should be but service is okay.

debbie
October 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Jetblue is a friendly company that seems to hire happy people. The schedules are limited and require lots of layovers and red eyes to get where we want to go.

Customer
October 8th, 2018 East Hartford, CT DETAILS

Best service, seating and staff friendliness. Only draw back is of the past 10 flights I've taken, all were delayed by over an hour. Try to bypass making connections if possible for this reason. They to serve the best cities and airports and I choose them if at all possible. They're 24/7 hotline helps out too for last minute cute questions, even at 2 in the morning. Their fleet has a great aviation safety record (that's my field) and I am impressed since they came to Hartford.

Nikki
October 4th, 2018 Woodside, NY DETAILS

My flight today 063 was great due to the attendants! Friendly and fantastic, they dealt with very frustrating passengers with grace and professionalism. They were charming and funny, and made our 6 hour flight feel much shorter. I was glad to fly with them!

Mohammad Hodaly
October 1st, 2018 DETAILS

Good service and and easy to contact costumers

Melissa Miller
October 1st, 2018 DETAILS

Horrible. Only flies direct to Boston and Florida unless you fly out of JFK.

mgillings
October 1st, 2018

Flown with JetBlue multiple times. I love the red eye flight options so that I can sleep all the way to NY and enjoy the extra day on my vacation! I will keep flying JetBlue!

Sophie Scoville
September 19th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love flying on JetBlue because they give out snacks and they let you watch movies! Also, the flight attendants are really nice to me!

Jocelyn E
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

Best most comfortable seats and the snacks with the whole can of soda is unbeatable!!

Carter
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

It was pretty cool because the quality is much higher than the other airlines.

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Super bummed when JetBlue started charging for checks bags. But the customer service is amazing. They are always very helpful, and have definitely gone above and beyond when I’ve been stuck!!

Haley Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT

JetBlue is the perfect airline for anyone. They have great customer service and can answer any problems if yours. They get you places with great communication and it is totally worth the money.

POLYANA LAVAKI
September 14th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

I love Jetblue and their snacks on the plane. Compared to other airlines, Jetblue gives you a whole can of soda and a cup of ice. Other airlines, they open the can and fill up a little cup and they keep the rest. The employees are very friendly and helpful.

Dave Brinton
August 31st, 2018

I like the newer aircraft. The flight crew is always pleasant.

Shanna
August 31st, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Love Jet Blue, it's our airline of choice. I wish they would fly to more places, but it seems that they continue to add more destinations each year. I love that they are budget friendly.

Sherri Rose
August 31st, 2018 Orem, UT

I have only been able to use Jet Blue a few times. I have enjoyed the experience every time, but the lack of destinations in the western part of the USA makes them hard to choose on a regular basis. If they did expand more to the west, I would definitely choose them more often.

Melissa Reinoso
August 30th, 2018 Herriman, UT

I have no complaints about this plane. They are great to work with and always try to help you out if you are slightly over in weight.

Derek Scoville
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Not the cheapest by any means. However, the leg room, the snacks and the cheerfulness of the employees made my JetBlue flights worth it!

Kim Miller
August 29th, 2018 Lindon, UT

We have always had a positive experience with Jet Blue. Friendly, and great customer service!

Leslie
August 29th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

I love how big and comfy the seats are. Every flight I’ve booked through JetBlue has gone smoothly.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

we can find some good deals on JetBlue but there customer service is a hit and miss. depending on the time of the day you call. got to our destination safely, flight attendants were kind and attentive.

Dylan Findlay
August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I had a flight booked with JetBlue. On the morning of leaving I got an automated message that there was maintenance being done on the plane and that the flight was cancelled. I had Disneyland and Sea World tickets for specific days already booked, a car rental, hotel, etc. JetBlue refused to try and help me find another flight or compensate me for the hundreds of dollars I had to spend because of booking another flight with a different carrier at the last minute. Terrible, terrible customer service!

LAURI J CLARK
August 28th, 2018 Lindon, UT

I have flown many times with Jet Blue. I like the flights they have available. We have used reward points to fly with Jet Blue without any problems. I love the inflight entertainment available.

L Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I liked flying with JetBlue because of the online services they provide. Their seats are comfortable and they offer really great snacks. I wish they flew more places.

Rashida Laumatia
August 28th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Comfortable seats. Amazing customer service and pricing was within my budget.

J Paul Wright
August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

I loved flying JetBlue. Even though it was a red eye, I enjoyed my flight. Their easy selection of drinks and snacks made it comfortable and the seating was bigger than other airlines. Also, there was no baggage fee, which is great in todays world. I would use them again. Price was the best for the flight we were looking for.

Aiga
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

my first time flying JetBlue our flight was delayed to Florida almost 45mins. No one was updating us and then we see a female flight attendant running. once she arrived then we were ready for take off. they were misleading and wasn't really apologetic for the delay. my daughter found garbage in between the seats and she told the flight attendant and she was just rude about. last time we flew JetBlue.

Robin
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

the first and only time i flew JetBlue they lost my luggage. they said they will contact me with updates which was false. i got the run around when i called asking for my luggage. very rude customer service. they didn't care i was going almost 2 days without my belongings.

Thomas Hullinger
August 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have flown many times on JetBlue and I have always had a great flight and a good experience. They fly where I need to go, at the times I need to fly and everything went very smoothly.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

A great airline to fly out of Salt Lake City to Orlando, Florida. Prices are usually very very good as well as great legroom inncoach.

Kim Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

They have the nicest people working here. They are so good to work with whenever there is an issue with travel. They also have great prices. We took a flight to Florida recently and it was non stop and cheap.

Bella Houtz
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

JetBlue is a comfortable and reliable airline that has great customer service. We always have a great experience with JetBlue.

Lesa Burgess
August 20th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

JetBlue has great prices out of SLC airport especially when flying in the western United States. I was impressed with their customer service when calling them and trying to upgrade my seat to an exit row. They were very accommodating for my needs to have a little extra leg room and I appreciated them for that.

Haley Houtz
August 20th, 2018 Herriman, UT

I highly recommend flying with JetBlue, their customer service is excellent.

Haidyn Houtz
August 20th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I love this airline the plane is very well taken care of and the flight attendants were all extremely nice !

Erin
August 21st, 2018 Palm Harbor, FL DETAILS

JoAncy our flight attendant was extra nice to our sick dog