JetBlue

JetBlue Logo

8.2

JetBlue

90+ destinations with free in-flight entertainment

JetBlue Airways is one of the leading American low-cost airlines. They are headquartered in Queens and they maintain a corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. They have several worthwhile destinations within the United States, along with destinations in the following areas: The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico. As of 2013, JetBlue serves 84 destinations. These hubs are found in 24 states in the United States and the countries listed above. JetBlue is a newcomer in the airline industry. They were founded in August of 1998. The company was founded in February 1999 under the name "NewAir." Several of JetBlue's original employees had been with Southwest. JetBlue has a lot in common with Southwest, being a cost-affordable carrier. Although a low-cost carrier, they strive to provide quality amenities, including in-flight entertainment, TVs in each seat, and satellite radio. We found some good prices with JetBlue. Some of the prices included trips from Salt Lake City to Orlando or New York, which were priced at $168 and $179 respectively.

The Good

• Discounted fares
  • Wi-Fi
  • Baggage

JetBlue does a really good job of providing discounted fares for their customers, as quoted above. JetBlue does more for its customers than some larger carriers. We really liked that JetBlue was one of the companies in the industry that didn't have a refundable/non-refundable fare option, meaning that if JetBlue cancels a customer flight, the customer doesn't lose their fare. We found that this was an issue with other carriers, such as Virgin America. If your flight gets canceled, JetBlue will let you change your flight without the flight change fee.

We also liked that every JetBlue flight has free basic Wi-Fi, as well as a television at every seat. JetBlue's Wi-Fi is more reasonable than the service offered by Gogo, which charges for basic Internet service. JetBlue has a FlyFi program that lets customers get basic Internet for free, but after that, the Internet costs $9/hour for their premium service.

Another thing that we really liked about JetBlue was that they always honor their lower fare. If a customer requests the lower fare 14 days after they purchased their ticket, prior to the date of departure, they can receive the lower fare. However, effective June 30 of 2015, there is a fee based on the fare option selected on tickets exchanged 15 days or more after the date originally booked. These fees are:

• Blue: $70
  • Blue Plus: $60
  • Blue Flex: $0

We also felt like JetBlue had a good baggage protective policy. With smaller carriers, such as Virgin America, we found that the baggage limit liability was not quoted in an exact dollar amount. Some carriers even suggested that their customers should purchase travel insurance rather than guarantee protection for a bag.

We called in and double-checked the price of fare from Salt Lake City to New York. We found that the price quoted to us over the phone was consistent with what was purchased on the website. They also gave us some information on the travel insurance that was quoted to us on the JetBlue Allianz website.

The Bad

• Complaints
  • Short-notice changes

We had to dig a little bit in the complaints on various websites to find some issues that customers had with JetBlue. Some customers reported that they weren't adequately reimbursed for damages to their baggage. One customer reported only getting $50 for damage to some of their child's checked baggage.

Some customers reported issues with flights being changed on short notice and some cancellations and delays associated with plane mechanical issues. Some customers reported delays when calling the JetBlue customer service line. We also experienced some similar issues during our call-in.

The Bottom Line

We recommend JetBlue. We found that their in-flight Wi-Fi is better than some other carriers, such as Delta. We also liked that their insurance coverage and baggage liability was similar to some of the higher-end airlines in the industry. Also, their flight cancellation policy is very fair for a budget airline.

Eridee Vance
July 16th, 2018 Lehi, UT

I've traveled on several different airlines in the last 5 years and JetBlue is my favorite. The plane was cleaner and the people were friendlier.

Jess Root
July 5th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

It was the very best flying experience I have ever had. Roomier than normal seats, free video library.

Bernadette Orama
June 29th, 2018 DETAILS

Flew from san juan to dominican republic and flight was delayed but only about 1 hour. On our way back, we also were with delay. First anouncement was for a little over an hour, however second delay was for over 3 hours. These delays should be notified in advance since traveling with children and alzheimers patient is very difficult. They do not understand why the waiting period is so long. Still waiting and praying we dont get another delay announcement.

Taylor Siren
June 20th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

The food choice on the plane did not necessarily meet my expectations. However, I enjoyed the flight.

Sadie Scoville
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

The customer service for JetBlue is great. They are very helpful and the flights go by so fast.

Nana Asiata
June 6th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

They always have well cleaned planes and have a great team of people willing to help in any way they can!

Amy Crawley
June 5th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love the TVs, snacks, drinks, and the way people treat me.

Cassidy Hine
May 31st, 2018 Woods Cross, UT DETAILS

JetBlue is the most enjoyable airline to fly! One of the best features is of course the free in-flight wifi. Other perks: The extra legroom in coach makes a noticeable difference. The snack selection is better. Flight attendants are always friendly.

Avery Fowler
May 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I liked the fact that my flight was a direct one and that the snacks were very yummy compared to other airlines. Very generous

Bella Houtz
May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Jet Blue is a great airline that is comfortable and they have great customer service.

Bella Houtz
May 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Jet blue is an awesome airline. It has great costumer service and we always feel comfortable.

May 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have enjoyed the JetBlue flight from Salt Lake City to Orlando that flies the redeye

May 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Jet Blue 4 years in a row flying from Salt Lake City Utah to Orlando Florida. It is a great option at a reasonable price.

Ashley Gneiting
May 24th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

The only time I have taken JetBlue is the flight from Salt Lake City to Orlando. It has always left on time and we have never had problems with our luggage and the service is always really good .

Andrea Winters
May 16th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I LOVE JetBlue! I would fly them all the time if they flew more destinations. Their seats have the most leg room, they have the best complimentary snacks, each seat has their own screen with TV channels and movies- no extra cost. I don’t feel like I’m being shoved into a cattle car. JetBlue is the best.

Angela Bramlett
May 16th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Love Jet Blue! Always had a great experience with them.

Jennifer Anderson
May 16th, 2018 Trabuco Canyon, CA DETAILS

I love this company because they treat you well & you get so much more for your money.

Kristin Williams
May 16th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Wonderful service! Amazing flight every single time!

Matthew Pettit
May 7th, 2018 Morgan, UT DETAILS

I love JetBlue! I only wish that they serviced more locations. They have the most comfortable seats of any airlines. They are what most airlines used to be. I sincerely hope that they resist the temptation to follow other airlines rush to squeeze every last cent out of their customers by cutting comfort and service.

Katie Hope
May 2nd, 2018 Easton, PA DETAILS

Flew on Jet Blue nonstop to Orlando for our first Disney trip. They made it comfortable and easy. My husband had extra leg room as he is 6 foot 2. Fantastic friendly flight attendents. Tv in every seat. Would reccomend!

JRosa
April 30th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

JetBlue has a lower age limit for flying alone, which is nice if you are trying to find a flight for your 14 year old to take alone. Decent service and flights.

Lauren Law
April 30th, 2018 Rexburg, ID DETAILS

I have flown only once but I was really nice and also really cheap, I would prefer to fly this airline all the time! I probably will from now on!

Larry Hawker
April 24th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I appreciate the innovativeness of your company. This is a very competitive industry and yet somehow you have been able to stand out. I appreciate the professionalism of every staff member that I have met. Thank you.

Alaina Gull
April 23rd, 2018 Falmouth, ME DETAILS

Best value in the airline industry. They reliably have the lowest fares. I’ve expressed very few delays and relatively few hassles while traveling jet blue.

Lauren Gull
April 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

They go above and beyond. The price and the quality is better than any other airlines, the darts have more room, the snacks are better and there are way more options. The flight attendants are super friendly and accommodating. I love jet blue more that any other airline

Anne Marie Milne
April 20th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Very impressed with the price's. The people are amazing very kind very helpful very friendly. I world recommend them to anybody. I couldn't believe how sweet the stewardess are and so absolutely helpful made the trip wonderful.

Hailee
April 17th, 2018 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Really good experience! Loved flying with them!

Michael
April 16th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Safe airline. Everything was very clean

Hayden Danger Barton
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Great airliner would recommend had no issues!

Jeff Martin
April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Not real impressed by my experience when compared to Delta. Reasonable airfare.

Brooke
April 11th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love JetBlue. Best rates, best customer support, and best flight locations.

Maryayb
April 11th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

Customer service representatives are very helpful and friendly and TVs at every seat are ??!

Mirka
March 30th, 2018 Woburn, MA DETAILS

What a fantastic airline. Not only do you get free snacks on their flights, their customer service is incredible. 2 separate incidents led to this opinion. About 2 years ago we were traveling with our 3 year old. It was a long flight ( Boston to Long Beach) we failed to charge the iPad so we didn’t have the little guy’s favorite cartoons. The flight attendant gave us access to the movies channel free of charge, so the little guy would be entertained. Fast forward 2 years and I’m traveling from Boston to San Francisco. The worst happens: I leave my phone on the plane. On that phone is all the medical information I need to get my treatment. What a nightmare! We call JetBlue they take down our info and assure us they will do whatever they can to get the phone back. Luckily some good soul turns it into the flight attendant. JetBlue fedexed my phone bs k to me the next day. At their expense! And even enclosed a note that they hope I feel better. There is no customer service better than JetBlue.

Karen
March 27th, 2018 Morrisville, NC DETAILS

Every time I flight out of San Juan, PR international airport, there are major delays and Jet Blue blames me on the fact that it is not a hub for them. The delays are not an hr or 2 delays. It is always over 5 hrs.

Nicholas Curattalo
March 19th, 2018 DETAILS

From the moment you board the plane, till you get to your room pod... the experience was surreal. Erick and Kemmifer provided five star service throughout the flight with just the right touch. The breakfast was just the right amount and I could have had more if I chose, but I eat light when flying. The chair had three options, regular sit up right, recline 180, or lay flat. I did a little of each during my flight to Vegas. Plenty of outlets to charge your devices, more legroom than is needed and free drinks too. Just overall an incredible experience and it will be hard to fly any other way when I travel 4+ hours.

Jenna
March 9th, 2018 Wallingford, CT DETAILS

Everyone we encountered at the desk or on the plane was very kind and approachable. When the stewardess found out it was our honeymoon, she didn’t charge us for our drink AND brought us a bottle of champagne to celebrate! I’m 5’11 and was very happy with the leg room! The tv/movie selection was a nice distraction for me, I’m always nervous about flying. I will definitely fly JetBlue again!

Jocelyn Ruiz
March 9th, 2018 Downey, CA DETAILS

First, i took a flight from Orlando to LAX & my luggage was left behind in Orlando. Then, i received my luggage this morning and my iHome speaker was missing. JetBlue sucks. Wouldn't recommend.

Jonathan Slawsby
March 7th, 2018 Medfield, MA DETAILS

I am a fairly frequent flyer with JetBlue and overall they are great but they cancel flights seemingly much more than other airlines.

Debra
March 5th, 2018 Whittier, NC DETAILS

Flight was scheduled for 6:31 out of Charlotte NC had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there as we are driving down the delays kept coming in over our phones finally boarded at 8:07 only to be told there was an issue with a valve in the bathrooms. Tech came on was trying to fix it pilot comes over the speaker and tells us there is a problem with the valve and normally they could just sign off on this but they had previously had and additional issue so this issue could not be sign off. After sitting on plane for an hour and a half they told us we could get off and stretch our legs. Got back on the plane and they said we were ready to leave, then they were looking for passengers that had gotten off so we could leave. Next thing you know the flight attendant saids the light is back on. Tech comes back on the plane once again and he fails again. Around 10:30 the pilot comes on and tells us the flight is cancelled and he is very sorry. We get off the plane only to wait in line to try and rebook for the next day. This took us at least another hour to get up to the agent Catherine and she told us they were bring another plane in tomorrow for all of us that got cancelled yet corporate new nothing of this as my husband was talking with them. Because We dared to question her why corporate had no knowledge of this she got real nasty with us. Also corporate was of no help either we were flying home for a death in the family and they did not care at all. Worst customer service I have had ever. Then we go down to get our luggage and my husbands isn’t there he goes and looks in the lost and found room and sees it behind the locked door. He had prechecked his because they were looking for volunteers as the flight was full. Now he has to go back upstairs to the jet blue counter and get someone to come down stairs and open the door to get his luggage. The women at the counter saids your luggage isn’t in there I know because I didn’t put it there. My husband told her I saw it thru the locked door. Finally got our luggage along with a voucher for a hotel for the night . Got to the hotel about 1:30, still don’t know if there is a flight tomorrow or not. Worst customer service will never fly with them again if I could give them a 0 I would

Susana De Lara
March 5th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

Always a great experience. My preferred airline for cross country flights. I'm a nervous traveller, and with great entertainment, comfort and the best service.....it is hard to beat Jet Blue. Let's not forget those very competitive prices, who does better? Not many airlines come close.