JetBlue Logo

7.2

LAST UPDATED: May 22nd, 2022

JetBlue Airways is one of the leading American low-cost airlines. It is headquartered in Queens, New York, with another corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.

Founded in August 1998, JetBlue is a relative newcomer in the airline industry. Several original employees had previously been with Southwest. JetBlue has a lot in common with Southwest, being a cost-affordable carrier.

Although a low-cost carrier, it strives to provide quality amenities, including in-flight entertainment, TVs in each seat, and satellite radio.

Over 90 destinations are available in the Americas, with lots of domestic US options, as well as destinations in The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, and Puerto Rico.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus JetBlue reviews from real customers.

View Best Airlines

The Good

• Discounted Fares
  • Wi-Fi and In-flight Entertainment
  • Baggage Protection

Discounted Fares

JetBlue does a really good job of providing discounted fares for customers. JetBlue does more for its customers than some larger carriers.

We really liked that JetBlue was one of the companies in the industry that didn't have a refundable/non-refundable fare option, meaning that if JetBlue cancels a customer flight, the customer doesn't lose their fare. We found that this was an issue with other carriers, such as Virgin America. If your flight gets canceled, JetBlue will let you change your flight without the flight change fee.

Another thing that we really liked about JetBlue is its policy honoring lower fares. If a customer requests the lower fare 14 days after they purchased their ticket, prior to the date of departure, they can receive the lower fare. However, effective June 30 of 2015, there is a fee based on the fare option selected on tickets exchanged 15 days or more after the date originally booked. These fees are:

• Blue: $70
  • Blue Plus: $60
  • Blue Flex: $0

Wi-Fi and In-flight Entertainment

We also liked that every JetBlue flight has free basic Wi-Fi, as well as a television at every seat. JetBlue's Wi-Fi is more reasonable than the service offered by Gogo, which charges for basic Internet service. JetBlue has a FlyFi program that lets customers get basic Internet for free, but after that, the Internet costs $9/hour for their premium service.

Baggage Protection

JetBlue has a good baggage protective policy. With smaller carriers, such as Virgin America, we found that the baggage limit liability was not quoted in an exact dollar amount. Some carriers even suggested that their customers should purchase travel insurance rather than guarantee protection for a bag.

The Bad

Customer Complaints

Customer feedback focuses on individual customer service experiences as well as the updated baggage policy, which charges $25 for the first bag, which used to be free.

Some customers reported issues with flights being changed on short notice and some cancellations and delays associated with plane mechanical issues. Some customers reported delays when calling the JetBlue customer service line.

The Bottom Line

We recommend JetBlue. We found that their in-flight Wi-Fi is better than some other carriers, such as Delta. We also liked that the insurance coverage and baggage liability was similar to some of the higher-end airlines in the industry. Additionally, the company's flight cancellation policy is very fair for a budget airline.

View Best Airlines

Vika Queens, NY

Me and my family had tickets to fly back from Florida to NYC and the day of our flight there was heavy rain which has STOPPED by the time we reached the airport. Once we got there we were told our flight was canceled, but we had to get back to NYC that Friday. The offered no accommodation no credit or hotel room and pretty much kicked us out on the street even though there were little kids with us. At first wanted to give us a ticket to fly out on Wednesday, we got lucky and are now able to fly out on Sunday instead. It is terrible how they treat there clients what if someone does not have the money to stay in a hotel for another couple days or if someone has to be back home on a specific day for work or school or any other reason. Do not use this terrible air line unless you want to get stuck in a random state and forced to spend even more money out of pocket.

Mike New York, NY

Multitude of mistakes, flight cancelled 3 hours before our trip, we had to take a shuttle to Ontario at our cost multiple delays and gate changes, waited on the tarmac for 2 hours “refueling” but the flight attendants kept talking about the manifest. Connecting flight delayed only half of our party made the trip day one but quite late everyone lost a day for an expensive trip to stay at The Royal at Atlantis JetBlue’s mistakes cost us over 3k and they are taking no responsibility or liability for their actions

Carlito Wayz New York, NY

JetBlue gave me an okay experience on the flight matter but a attendant seemed as if she was in a state of bad mood and expressed it towards my wife and it was in more than two occasion's. What was most of bother was that her apologizing did not seem honest and genuine due to her expression. But overall JetBlue has okay service. We all have our bad days. JetBlue is okay: ANDY D

Jaime Dermody Delray Beach, FL

It was nine miles of bad road. It was impossible to check in early as their website does not work. Similarly, the check in kiosks at JFK did not work. There were over 100 people in lone to see an agent. The customer staff is clueless and told me their software also did not work. DO NOT FLY JetBlue.

paul libaridian Fresno, CA

My friends and I went to Cabo for a fishing trip (our yearly tradition) so we went to Jetblue's counter to check in our coolers. They asked us if there is anything in them, so we said no they are empty and hopefully we will fill them up on the way back. They said oh nice good luck and have fun. after 4 days fishing we sure got very lucky and filed up 4 big cooler with fillet fish and all frozen. when we got to the airport and tried to check-in our coolers they said we are not allowed the ship or check-in any fish.... we tried to talk nicely and not....., they did not accept taking in the coolers. Unfortunately we had to leave the cooler and the fish in Cabo and fly back. (mind you we tried to buy different flight to LAX but no one had rooms for all of us. DO NOT FLY WITH JETBLUE IF YOU ARE GOING FISHING IN MEXICO

Luis Guzman Orlando, FL

Early in the beginning in the 2000's it was the airline to fly it's now the delay and delay delay and cancel airline and by no means is cheap to fly with jet blue they charged for everything unless you are Mosaic member with a gazillion of miles more or less is spirit on steroids Don't fly with them not worth the hassle. FYI: JetBlue's bottom ranking was "in part due to its delays and below-average performance in on-time arrivals." JetBlue was the worst airline in the U.S. in 2021, according to The Wall Street Journal.Feb 1, 2022

Jaelyn Morris Bonifay, FL

When I fly, I always choose JetBlue. Their customer service is amazing, and their seats have plenty of room and are comfortable. The snacks they provide are always good, and flying JetBlue is always a great experience.

suzanna Brooklyn, NY

When I fly I always like to go with JetBlue as my first choice. I have flown with them a few times and my experience has be very nice and comforting. Fly attendants and pilots been very nice and feel more safe with them for some reason. Flying experience has been a pleasure everyone makes you feel comfortable and accommodate your needs. I hate flying but they definitely have helped me get comfortable and calm me down.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

“Always Blue” I love JetBlue their culture, the atmosphere. I worked for JetBlue for 8 years and loved it! I’d still be there if I hadn’t gotten sick to be honest. I love flying JetBlue The legroom, the bucket less snacks, friendly faces and of the movies on each flight! I miss you JetBlue! Go fly and see the difference They merged or are merging with American Airlines so there may be changes

Shon Scoville Lehi, UT

Jetblue is an awesome airline, and i am so easily pleased. the fact that I can ask for multiple snacks and they give them without hestitation is a big deal to me. it just makes my flight better.

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

Love JetBlue, it’s my go to company when I look for flights, I like their ease to book and the deals that they offer. I love the in flight entertainment that they offer and the snacks are delicious even though they are expensive

Aubrey Dallas, TX

Great flight attendants, very professional, and comfy seats. JetBlue is a good combination of affordability and quality. Maybe i'm crazy but I feel like the flight attendants are always nicer to me on JetBlue than other airlines—and they try their best to accommodate everyone.

Noah Parker Orem, UT

JetBlue is one of the most affordable airline options. This is unfortunately reflected in their aircraft and service quality. By service I by no means am talking about the staff, they were as kind and wonderful as can be. The aircraft interiors seem well worn, and the amenities on-board are definitely dated. These are affects of them being the least expensive airline. Bottom line - JetBlue is the airline for you if you don't mind riding in a mini-van as opposed to a suburban and also you want to save several hundred dollars.

Mirka Woburn, MA

What a fantastic airline. Not only do you get free snacks on their flights, their customer service is incredible. 2 separate incidents led to this opinion. About 2 years ago we were traveling with our 3 year old. It was a long flight ( Boston to Long Beach) we failed to charge the iPad so we didn’t have the little guy’s favorite cartoons. The flight attendant gave us access to the movies channel free of charge, so the little guy would be entertained. Fast forward 2 years and I’m traveling from Boston to San Francisco. The worst happens: I leave my phone on the plane. On that phone is all the medical information I need to get my treatment. What a nightmare! We call JetBlue they take down our info and assure us they will do whatever they can to get the phone back. Luckily some good soul turns it into the flight attendant. JetBlue fedexed my phone bs k to me the next day. At their expense! And even enclosed a note that they hope I feel better. There is no customer service better than JetBlue.

Nicholas Curattalo

From the moment you board the plane, till you get to your room pod... the experience was surreal. Erick and Kemmifer provided five star service throughout the flight with just the right touch. The breakfast was just the right amount and I could have had more if I chose, but I eat light when flying. The chair had three options, regular sit up right, recline 180, or lay flat. I did a little of each during my flight to Vegas. Plenty of outlets to charge your devices, more legroom than is needed and free drinks too. Just overall an incredible experience and it will be hard to fly any other way when I travel 4+ hours.

Jose Rodriguez Philadelphia, PA

I have been waiting to fill out this survey. I am a frequent flyer of other airlines and this was my first time flying JetBlue (due to lower prices) and I must say I am impressed to the fullest extent and will be a repeat customer. I have been raving about the customer service, internet strength, and tv to everyone I encounter. I mean to begin this review all the JetBlue employees I encountered on my trip were extremely nice and welcoming. The unlimited snacks is a plus, but the internet signal strength allowed me to stream Netflix with no problem and also work with no problem. The direct tv access was also phenomenal and FREE! I love FREE. Everything was amazing and can't wait to fly JetBlue again.

Bruce Worcester, MA

The wife and I fly international on October 24 and November 7 of this year with both trips being uneventful. Both flights took off on time and arrived ahead of schedule. People were civil when it was announced that extra space and early boarding go first to board, as I have seen others on other airlines just get in line to get on board whether it was their turn or not to get on. Plenty of overhead bin space and lots of room for stretching your legs during the flight. The stewards were very helpful and attentive to everyone's needs. The pilots even let me take a picture of them at the controls while going through their pre flight checklist. Price for our flights included our bags, as we had purchased them before their scaled pricing matrix went into effect. We will book with them again, as our flights out of Boston are direct to the island that we go to.

Marika Appell Palm City, FL

I love Jet blue. I fly nearly every six weeks or so. It's always been a good experience. Customer Service by telephone is exceptionally good when you need them. I usually book on line which is so easy but on occasion need assistance from customer service for changes or questions. Announcements at the gate could be more clear sometimes. Overall experience is great. The luggage fee is a business decision I'm sure, less baggage handlers I guess, but certainly liked it better before. Now, SO MUCH CARRY ON! Often not being limited to a carry on and one personal item. I still check my small 20" bag.

Arlene Henderson Anaheim, CA

I used your services on 23 September from Long Beach to Boston service was phenomenal as usual I enjoyed JetBlue although I wish you had a station I went directly from John Wayne because I live in Anaheim Hills but my trip was phenomenal and I return the following Tuesday and it was excellent I took the 540 out of Boston I love being prescreened I love your flight attendants they are very very nice my name is Arlene Henderson of Anaheim Hills -- reservation # MSWYEC that was my reservation number I left on September 23 at 9:30 and I return Tuesday, September 29 at 5:40 thank you guys a fabulous bye for now

Paula Geoghan Charnitsky Braintree, MA

I've been flying JetBlue since they started flying out of Boston, I think 2003. In the beginning I still went back and forth with other airlines but soon found I got the best service, prices, etc., with JetBlue. I fly exclusively with them now. I haven't flown with them since the new policy has gone into effect (although I am this week) so we'll see how things have changed or not. I may not be thrilled with the baggage fees but they're not as bad as other, if you know in advance you're bringing one it's only $15 . Over the years any complaints I've had (they've been few) have been immediately addressed and handled to my satisfaction. I wish all companies had their customer service.

lisa Corona, NY

kudos to the counter agent/ gate agents in PBI last month. Sorry did not get his name. After missing the US flt to CLT JFK due to oversold, as a AA empl I went to Jetblue counter asking if any room on flight to NYC. He said yes and if I could get a ZED tkt fast I could get on PBI LGA flight that was delayed. I pulled out I pad got a ticket and he put me on list in record time. I got stuck in TSA line since pre check was not recognized. Thought I definitely missed that delayed flight. Still having hope I was running to gate to see a man with a radio step into concourse asking me if I was going to NY. Since flight had a gate hold they let me on. No only was everyone was very nice I got a exit window seat. it was a great flight. crew was great also. Great Customer Service Jetblue.....

Susan Hudson Holden, MA

I flew JetBlue last summer with our 3 boys and had a very nice experience, especially whereas we were flying without my husband...we were comfortable in our seats and happy to be able to see a tv screen that not only followed the pattern or our trip to Orlando, Florida and back it was with some music channels and shows. I also flew myself to Florida to visit with my DAD & StepMOM alone in January 2015 and was happy and most happy was to be able to fly back 1 day earlier due to severe snowstorms ready to hit New England. The other convenience was flying in and out of Worcester Airport. Now that is great! I am hoping to make plans for a trip soon with husband and boys and most definitely would fly JetBlue. However, I would just need to learn about my points and how to use them. Just wish they flew to more airports in Florida. Thanks for a wonderful experience. JetBlue all the way... <3

Victor Olaore Omoshehin Brooklyn, NY

I enjoyed my experience flying Jetblue. Staff were very supportive and respectful to all passengers abound. The snack meal served was nice. I love some of the movies I watched in the flight ✈.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

JetBlue is one of the best airline companies I have used. Their customer service is phenomenal and all of the employees are very helpful. The airplanes are very clean and the TV's they have at each seat are very convenient.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I have flown on JetBlue several times and I have always had a good experience. You know when you purchase your ticket what you are paying for so you know what to expect. There is all the services and niceties available if you would like to pay for them but if you don't need them you are just saving money. The staff have always been nice and helpful and I recommend JetBlue for anyone looking for a no frills and cheaper flight.

Dee Mattapan, MA

Jet Blue is always my go to for flights! Not only do I have plenty of space during these trying times, but I had plenty of space previously. The flight attendants are incredibly nice as well as professional. The flight is always very smooth as well. Hadn't experienced any delays flying Jet Blue either. What I really enjoy is seeing the other decorative planes. I seen one with a NY Jets design on it. Pretty awesome!

M MP Darby, PA

This is one of my favorite airlines. The staff are very friendly and talk to the customers about whatever. The prices are good and can get good deals online. They have good service and are great with kids always giving them extra snacks and have full cans for beverages. Good movie choices. Usually on time and if they are running behind schedule the staff are good at keeping the consumers up to date about their flights.

Cheryl Buckley Spanish Fork, UT

I love to fly JetBlue! I love that they are reasonably priced and strive to meet every need we have as passengers! I always enjoy being able to watch a movie and have some good snacks! I appreciate a blanket and pillow as I usually get chilled flying! The flight attendants are friendly and attentive and there to serve our every need! Have always had a good experience with retrieval of my bags! If they fly to my destination, JetBlue will be a top choice of mine!

Customer East Hartford, CT

Best service, seating and staff friendliness. Only draw back is of the past 10 flights I've taken, all were delayed by over an hour. Try to bypass making connections if possible for this reason. They to serve the best cities and airports and I choose them if at all possible. They're 24/7 hotline helps out too for last minute cute questions, even at 2 in the morning. Their fleet has a great aviation safety record (that's my field) and I am impressed since they came to Hartford.

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

I usually use JetBlue when I'm flying out of Long Beach and I love that they let me board from the front and back of the plane. Also, the seats for some reason just seem to have so much more space and the TVs on each seat, even for short flights, makes flying seem so much shorter. JetBlue's customer service is also pretty great. Everyone always treats me with incredible kindness. The cancellation policy was frustrating once when I had a connecting flight with another airline that was late. They weren't super willing to be flexible, but their employees always stayed kind even when I got frustrated with them.

Jenna Wallingford, CT

Everyone we encountered at the desk or on the plane was very kind and approachable. When the stewardess found out it was our honeymoon, she didn’t charge us for our drink AND brought us a bottle of champagne to celebrate! I’m 5’11 and was very happy with the leg room! The tv/movie selection was a nice distraction for me, I’m always nervous about flying. I will definitely fly JetBlue again!

Heidi Teska Syracuse, NY

From making reservations, to the gate agents and in-flight staff, we have never, ever, EVER had a bad experience with Jet Blue. In fact, they consistently go above and beyond our expectations. They are my family's exclusive airline, one we enjoy so much that we would be willing to pay premium prices for, although it has never been necessary because their pricing is so competitive.

David Hollis Astoria, NY

I was on flight #163 JFK to SRQ. A passenger was having a medical emergency. The flight crew responded immediately and provide oxygen and paged the plane to see if a medical professional was on board. A Registered Nurse responded and attended to the passenger with the attentive assistance of the flight crew. The passenger regained consciousness and was attended to throughout the flight. They also completed all the in cabin service as well. A job well done!

Lauren Hirsch Yorktown Heights, NY

Expedia had messed up our Jet Blue Reservation dates. They refused to help me despite them admitting their own error, because it had been more than 24 hours later that I noticed. I called Jet Blue. Not only did they wave their fees for changing our flight. they also upgraded our seats for free, due to my back surgery I was having, and my reason for flying. I will forever be grateful for their amazing customer service!

Sandi Westover Fremont, CA

I really like to fly JetBlue when possible. They have very comfortable airplanes. They offer a good variety of snacks. I thinks it's the only airline that I've flown domestically that still offers free good snacks. Some airlines I've been on recently only give peanuts or pretzels and others only give drinks. JetBlue tends to be a more expensive so I don't fly them often. But it's worth a look because if the price is right I would choose them.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I fly Jetblue every chance I get. They have the nicest, newest planes in the sky. I really like the individual screens and they also provide better snacks. I always receive friendly service, and always enjoy my flight experience. They can be pricier than other airlines, which is why I do not always use them. When I used to fly a lot, they also had limited flight routes. I'm sure they have expanded since then.

Karen K Clark Deland, FL

I am so glad that Jet Blue finally goes to Daytona Beach Fl !!!!!! That hour plus drive to Orlando is over. Jet Blue has always been ready to assist a physically challenged person's needs. Everything where Jet Blue employees were responsible, are good. One time my bag was ripped almost in third was somewhat reimbursed. That was disappointing. I believe they gave me only $50. But that placed aside, Jet Blue will be the only airline for both me and my family.

ana locke Ladson, SC

I was very comfy flying with JetBlue from JFK to CHS..plenty of legroom and....the snack ladies were okay distributing the free snacks and drinks...It's a very short flying time between JFK-CHS.....I would recommend flying JetBlue to all of my friends who will be visiting me from overseas sometimes in mid 2016. Also, I be will flying with JetBlue again in April and in May of next year...And JetBlue, that is!!! JetBlue every 4 months or 6 months!!

Donna Gibson Bronx, NY

My family and I only fly Jetblue. Outstanding service and professional staff. Its amazing how rude the public can be and your flight staff remain calm. Love how you honor law enforcement and the military. May your airline continue to flourish and be around for many years. I tell everyone to fly Jetblue. How about some cool T-shirts and bumper stickers to purchase? Ill buy them just add them to your website.

Julie Barker Las Vegas, NV

I was running extremely late and it seemed liked I would definitely miss my flight. However, the Jet Blue staff in Fort Lauderdale went way out of their way to make sure I made my flight. The sky caps, the ticket desk staff, and the gate staff were outstanding. I did not think airline staff existed like this now days. They were the utmost in professionalism and customer service.

Russ Hansen Placentia, CA

I first flew on Jet Blue on September 17th 2001 from Long Beach to JFK. It was a very sad time in the World's history and the plane was not very full. However, from that first flight, I would say that it is my airline of choice. I remember watching the 1981 World Series on ESPN Classic and the leather seats and TV's were wonderful. Keep up the great service . . . .

Bonnie McIntosh Phoenix, AZ

❤️❤️❤️ This airline. Fly it as often as I can. Everything is great, tv entertainment, cabin crew always great, cockpit crew always knowledgeable and informative. Love the live map you can follow your trip from start to finish. Just got off a flight from New York to Phoenix only thing disappointing was the Live Map wasn't avaiable. It helps me relax knowing where you are, without it I was a little more anxious, but flight was great!!!!!

Gail Johnson Worcester, MA

Traveling from Florida, my husband had a medical emergency half way through our flight. The team on Jet Blue was wonderful calling ahead for an ambulance to meet us at the airport as well as showing great concern. We happened to have 2 nurses onboard who also gave us lots of support. Thank you Jet Blue crew from Ft. Lauderdale to Worcester on September 21, 2015.

Helena Yordan Bronx, NY

Jet blue is my airline for many years ago! Never will change it. I always feel comfortable and I have the best attention. Gate attendants and in flight attendants have been always very helpful when we have needed them. I would highly recommend this airline. Delays are rare and service is great. The price is just a bonus.Thank you for your great service.

Jolie Beaupre Chelsea, MA

I think is a great Airline, I went to the Dom Rep last summer with my children and one of then has Autism, the staff from the counter, the got me and helped us through security and the crew, ware Amazing. This is the only Airline that my family flight and I will pay for the extras charges. Thank you Jet Blue for made my family happy and comfortable.

Brenda Mercado Nashua, NH

I travel often with my special needs son who is a young adult. I love that when I have needed assistance I have received it. Gate attendants and in flight attendants have been helpful when we have needed them and it means more that they will ever know. I would highly recommend this airline. Delays are rare and service is great. The price is just a bonus.

Rosanna C Staten Island, NY

I love JetBlue and the only reason I would even consider another airline would be if JetBlue didn't fly to my desired destination which has only been to Italy. (Hoping they add that destination soon!!) They offer a great website, great prices, great customer service, great crews on board, excellent new aircraft, excellent schedules to many destinations!

Tee Samuels Brooklyn, NY

I don't like this new thing about having to pay for the 1st checked bag. JetBlue has spoiled me because I'm used to getting a free 1st checked bag. Guess it was to good to last. I don't understand the change in fee since fuel prices are actually decreasing. I must admit JetBlue is my favorite airline with their low fares compared to other airlines. I enjoy the tasty snacks during flight and the staff are always kind and friendly. I had an issue during my last flight and once I contacted JetBlue on facebook, they apologized immediately and upgraded my seat on my return flight. Overall JetBlue is a great airline and I continue to be a loyal customer.

Kay Conte Hingham, MA

I loved the personnel. Was wheelchaired. Had one moment return flight where I pushed the chair over to stand in line and was intercepted by an employees who got someone to do it for me. Ist contact said I had to stay in line. The only hitch in the trip. Loved your employees, they are awesome. Did not like the seating arrangement as I couldn't lower my seat at all and sat like I was tied in for the whole flight. The return steward reminded me to ask for help. Seats too close together. I did enjoy Jet Blue and will fly again.

Christine Marcus Hicksville, NY

We have been flying Jet Blue almost from their start. We plan our vacations as to where they fly. We have done a few getaways and have never been disappointed with what was suggested. They are helpful, understanding and can't do enough for you. This is a #1 airline, if you haven't tried it give it a try and if you have then you know what I mean.