Frontier Airlines Logo

Frontier Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.9

Frontier is probably one of the best airlines in the industry, especially in terms of low-fare providers. They were founded in 1994 and are based out of Denver Colorado. They offer 80 destinations in the United States and abroad, mostly in North America, with flights going to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, and other nearby realms close to the United States. Frontier has one of the most generous programs for rewards in the industry. 20,000 economy frequent flier miles gets a client a round-trip ticket anywhere in the United States. Frontier however, does not do sharing of its frequent flyer miles with other airlines, much like the American Airlines Group does. Frontier is currently upgrading its fleet, which is a nice feature. Most airlines have planes in their fleet that are close to fifteen years old. Frontier uses mostly Airbus jets for its main fleet, including the Airbus 319 and 320. The average age of a Frontier jet is about 8-1/2 years, meaning that Frontier wants the best jets possible for its customers. One downside of Frontier's mergers and acquisitions was the closing of the Milwaukee hub. We found that this adversely impacted Frontier employees, as well as reducing some of their flights that were a central component in their business model because of the central location of the Milwaukee hub.

Southwest Airlines Logo
#1 Southwest Airlines chevron_right
Delta Airlines Logo
#2 Delta Airlines chevron_right
JetBlue Logo
#3 JetBlue chevron_right

The Good

• Ticket prices
  • Rewards program
  • Boarding
  • Flight statistics
Frontier is a low-fare airline. They stay true to this reputation by offering the lowest prices for flights. They are often one of the lowest or the lowest priced option for their flights. They also offer one of the most generous rewards programs. 20,000 economy frequent flier miles gets a round-trip ticket anywhere in the United States served by Frontier. There are also special deals that are always available and changing on the Frontier website that will help lower their prices even more. Frontier has few destinations though, so while they may the lowest option, they may not be available for the flights a customer needs. Frontier also does not allow their frequent flier miles to be shared with other airlines. This is unfortunate since other airlines such as American Airlines does allow this. Frontier Airlines has certain specified times for boarding their flights: • 45 minutes before departure: bags must be checked in • 30 minutes before departure: passengers must be at the gate, boarding will begin • 15 minutes before departure: final boarding • 10 minutes before departure: doors close They also have a few groups that will always board their plane first. They include: 1. Special Services: anyone needing wheelchair or other boarding assistance and unaccompanied minors 2. Passengers who have purchased a carry-on bag 3. Courtesy boarding: families traveling with children under three and any other passenger requiring additional time or assistance Seats are assigned on Frontier flights which help make the boarding process smoother as passengers know exactly where they are headed when they enter the aircraft. Frontier recommends that passengers choose their seats while they are booking their tickets. This way passengers can choose their preference, and try to keep their party together however it does cost a fee to choose a seat. If a seat is not chosen at booking, one will randomly be assigned during the check-in process for free. Check-in can be done at the airport or online and must be done at least 45 minutes before departure for domestic flights, and 60 minutes for international flights. Frontier has fairly average on-time percentages for their daily flights. The received the following statistics from Flightstats.com: • 80% on-time • 7% late • 3% very late • 7% excessive Many of the top airlines are slightly higher than this rating. The margin that they are better is not much however, Frontier is still rather consistent for being generally on time. Their most active routes, however, did receive much lower ratings than top airlines. Generally the top airlines active routes are receiving four to five-star ratings, while Frontier flights received mostly two to three-star ratings. Their top flights include: • Denver to Portland (4.1 stars, 88% on time) • San Diego to Denver (3.7 stars, 87% on time) • Denver to Minneapolis (3.4 stars, 85% on time) Their lowest flight is Denver to Dallas (1.4 stars, 74% on time). These ratings show that Frontier is not as consistent with providing on time, not delayed or canceled flights as some of the other airlines. Frontier offers more than 275 daily flights and is a much smaller airline than some of the top they are compared to. Their most active routes looked at are all domestic locations. Frontier Airlines began in 1994 and has been providing low-fare air travel for the past 21 years. 21 years of service does not make them a brand new airline. They have had time to grow with the industry, and expand. They are however, a young airline when compared with some of the major airlines. A number of other airlines, both major and small, have been around for over 80 years, about four times as long as Frontier. An advantage to Frontier's young age is their young fleet. Many of their airplanes are newer than other airlines offer. Frontier is also the proud winner of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2014 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence. They were also recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by the International Council on Clean Transportation. Along with these awards, Frontier is one of the safest airlines. They have never had a fatal accident, an impressive feat for a low-fare carrier.

The Bad

• Baggage
  • Amenities
Because Frontier is a low-cost airline, they do not offer any free baggage. All checked and carry-on bags cost money. Baggage is cheaper when it is booked online at least 24 hours before departure. There is a price increase for bags checked at the ticket counter of the airport and another increase for bags checked at the gate. There are also certain size restrictions for checked luggage. Bags must not exceed 62 inches collectively (Length + Width + Depth) and 50 pounds. Bags that exceed this will have an additional charge of $75 for each bag that is overweight and $75 for each oversized bag, and bags over 100 pounds or in excess of 110 linear inches will not be accepted. Because Frontier is a low-fare airline, they do not offer many of the standard amenities found on much larger airlines. They do not offer any entertainment options or Wi-Fi. They state that they would rather pass those savings onto the customers. They also do not offer any complimentary food or beverages. They do have an array of options for snacks and beverages that are available for purchase on the flight however. Their non-alcoholic drinks cost $2. This is unusual even for low-fare airlines. Generally other low cost airlines provide complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and maybe some light snacks. Frontier however charges for all food onboard. Their snack choices include: • Chex mix • Almond M&M's • Beef Jerky • Pringles Chips • Gummy Bears • Rice Krispies • Frontier Trail Mix Frontier also offers a number of bundled options for different snacks and drinks. They serve coffee as well and their alcoholic beverages will run about $7 a drink.

The Bottom Line

We would recommend Frontier without reservation and would even go so far as to say that they are one of the best low-fare airlines in the industry. We liked their relatively young fleet, the Airbus planes that make up their  fleet, and the customer experience that customers get. We really liked our phone-in experience. Our questions were easily answered and we also really liked the no-hassle refund policy for customers who have a canceled flight. If you're flight is canceled or delayed up to three hours, you will get a refund of your ticket or a new flight.

2.9

Persephone Tenorio Rocky Ford, CO

I originally started flying with Frontier as it was a low-cost airline with many flights from Denver, my closest airport. I stay flying with Frontier because of their incredible service and pet policy. I have had to fly with two bonded rabbits multiple times and it has never been a hassle. As for their service, I got extremely sick right before take off due to anxiety. Many of the stewards rushed to help and when I insisted we continue, they accommodated me extremely well with free water, snack, and plenty of bags just in case. They checked on me periodically and helped as I struggled to get off the plane after landing. Their service went beyond the airplane as one of the stewards even helped direct me to the nearest elevator so I could get home quicker. It’s extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing being sick on a flight, but Frontier made it their priority to help me as best as they possibly could and I’m extremely grateful. I’ll continue to use Frontier for all my flights to Denver and hope others will do the same.

Michele Tarantino Mayers Seattle, WA

My husband and I flew from Seattle to Cleveland , back in May.. Im not a very good flyer, but our experience with Frontier airlines was excellent.. Wow...We got our tickets for 49 dollars , each, and had no problems , of any kind, with any thing.. I was a bit nervous when I realized we were on an Airbus plane .. ( ya know, being from Washington State , and the Boeing connection ) but I have to say , it was THEE MOST smoothest flight Ive EVER been on,( and I even fell asleep , so when I woke up , we were arriving in Cleveland.!) which was perfect for my first experience with the time zone change.. I will totally fly with Frontier Airlines again..We have even started looking for deals for our next trip back..Great experience in every aspect.. The low fares allow us freedom to travel, which I never thought id get to do , otherwise..

Megan New York, NY

I have flown on Frontier a few times, but I have to say my last flight with them about 9 months ago is the one that sticks out the most. I had booked a flight through my Companies travel site. When I went to check in the day before I did not see my reservation online. I called customer service. I had recently had a horrendus experience on another airline where they kept canceling my reservation for my family vacation. When I called Frontiers customer service I told the lady what was happening and when she said everything was fine with my reservation. I told her what had happened a month prior and how that airline had assured us numerous times we we fine with our reservation and in fact we weren't and almost couldn't go on our trip or return home from our trip. The lady I was speaking to at Customer Service apologized profusely for an issue with another airline. That made my day because I got more of an apology from her than the other airline. She made it so I could check in online that day so that I had all the reassurance I needed.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Frontier Airlines fills a niche in rural flights that the larger airlines just can't handle. Frontier is nimble with prices and values your flight experience. I feel well taken care of when flying with Frontier Airlines. They are efficient at tackling lesser travelled routes and often only Frontier can get me to certain regions. I appreciate their expertise at safely flying commuter routes.

Michelle A Kemler Trenton, NJ

We fly Frontier out of Trenton to Ft Myers Fla..love the small airport and easy access from home, however, I do have issue with the pricing for "in season" flights to Ft Myers.. If I want to book now, it would cost over $1500 for two people for a 4 day stay..I didn't pay that for my recent trip which was 14 days I realize that flying back on a weekend is more but I refuse to pay that ridiculous amount for basically the same route. Overall, the airline is great...last trip down, the flight attendants were awesome, didn't spend the money on their snacks and did pay extra for stretch seating. I do feel that carry on's should be free but the idea of not having to go to baggage claim at any airport is a plus..Will def fly them again!

Kate Omaha, NE

Just returned home on a DEN to OMA flight with my 4 yr old. Crew was kind, welcoming and ready to assist when needed. Flight was delayed due to weather but it was clear that the crew intended to turn the plane as quick as possible in OMA to ensure the next flights passengers made their connections. A+ for the day. See you soon #frontierairlines!

Sara

I have flown on Frontier upwards of 50 times, both on my own and alone with 4 my 4 small children. I have always been treated incredibly well. The in flight crew is always helpful and courteous. I appreciate that with Frontier I have the flexibility to choose to pay only for the things I want most in my flying experience. If I want to keep my cost low I can choose to pay just the base fair or if I want an in flight soda I can add it. With other airlines they don't give you the option, the cost is already built into the ticket price. I would recommend frontier to all of my friends.

Tonga Salt Lake City, UT

I have flown on Frontier every time I have traveled to Alaska, Virginia, Wash. D.C. and Ohio. I really have been glad to travel with them since I don't like flying at all. They didn't ever lose my luggage and they were so great with me. I hope they aren't going out of business. I always contact them if I am looking to fly to places where my children live out of State. Tonga

Melissa Chicago, IL

I have nothing but good things to say about Frontier!!!! I have taken a few more trips this year because of the great prices, the staff is always very friendly and helpful, all of the planes I have been on are about the same as larger airlines I have taken, we always do just a small carry on bag that fits under the seat for free. You do have to buy snacks and beverages, but they are the same prices, if not cheaper then what you would get at the airport, so that is not a big deal to me. I have to say I am very happy Frontier now is fly out of Chicago, they have been a nice change from the big airline companies who could care less. I have recommended Frontier to a lot of people who were also very pleased with the prices, planes and service. Keep Up the Good Work !!!!

Judith Larson Converse, TX

I love Frontier! They have always gone above and beyond to accommodate me so many times! Most recently I have had some very serious family health issues and have become disabled myself. The caring, compassionate service I have received is greatly appreciated. Thank you Frontier for all you do for me and I will remain a faithful Frontier Flyer forever. Love you Frontier!!

Cathy Mitchell Chicago, IL

I love Frontier! I got a round trip from Chicago to Austin for $54!!! Other than a weather related delay, everything was perfect. I get great deals sent to me every week and will be booking another trip as soon as I can with Frontier! There was no difference in accommodations from other airlines except their fabulous prices. I was also able to bring a carry on as personal baggage and paid no baggage fees!

Lois Gadomski Tallahassee, FL

My mom and I flew Frontier for the first time this past week...We were very happy with our experience with both the flight, seat comfort, and staff was amazing..my mom is 87 and they helped in every way to make sure she and I were comfortable...again thank you...I would travel with them again ...we have already booked our trip for Oct. for Las Vegas again...........

Jeanette Itasca, IL

I haven't flown in 12 years. I recently flew Frontier airlines with my sister to Arizona. I was very nervous about the flight but everyone was so great. My seat was comfortable. I had ample room. The flight was very uneventful which is great!

nako Bismarck, ND

I have a love/hate relationship with this airline. The prices are pretty good and they almost always have a discount code to use. I did, however, monitor the same 2 or 3 flights for a few months and no matter what the discount was, whether it be 50% or 99% (yes it was that high at one point) the end price seemed to be the same, after the additional fees. My next point are those fees. I don't think they should be able to advertise "Flights From As Low As $20" If the end price is going to be $150 more due to seats and luggage. Yes, its still considerably less than other airlines but I consider it false advertising and it really just makes the base fare seem like a facade. I won't say anything about the amenities because that's what you get with a discount airline and I don't have much experience with the customer service side myself but my grandmother who tried to get my 80 yr/old one legged grandfather on a flight that they claimed was no longer boarding about 40 minutes prior to the flight leaving, and they were made to come back at 5am the next day. I've also had a few lights delayed or changed, and while none of them have been an inconvenience for me because I usually anticipate any changes, I can see how this would be a problem for almost anyone else. All around, it's an okay airline and I do use it for quick trips but they do have a lot issues that need to be addressed.

Anna East Brunswick, NJ

I just got back flying Frontier Trenton to Chicago then Chicago to Los Angles ..all flights were on time some were early too. Flight Attendants were courteous..only flaws I have expensive for a carry on and seat upgrades. oh ya. cant you fly from Trenton to LA with one stop. I had to book 2 separate flights to get to LA... using my frequent flyer miles.... with the new seats/ no TV screen offer some incentive to fly Frontier. free one carry on or something????

Jeffrey McBreairty New Milford, CT

I have flown Frontier from Bradley to Denver and Denver to Bradley, none stop and it was wonderful. I am asking you please to make a non stop flight again from Denver Int. Bradley Int. In Connecticut. if you did, I would fly more often It was a worthy adventure for your airlines and I still believe it would be a worthy adventure again.

Lisa Karlstad Rakowski Grand Forks, ND

EVERY experience I have ever had with Frontier has been nothing short of GREAT. However, pulling service out of Fargo, ND was NOT cool. I loved the non-stop service to Denver. Now I am forced to give my money to United, I would much prefer flying Frontier. Please come back. NEVER a bad experience ~ the smaller locations for travel need your service.

Yvonne Hollenbeck Dell Rapids, SD

I really like Frontier, much more than the other carriers. My only problem is that they do not fly in to the airports I use most. Consequently, I have decided to never fly again unless it is on Frontier. The last ten flights were on Delta, America and worst of all, United, and every one was a disaster with delays, cancellations, mechanical problems (supposedly), etc. Anymore, I loathe flying.

Nancy Bayne Eaton, CO

I guess I've just been lucky but I have never had any problems flying Frontier. It is my choice of airlines when I fly. I always choose to fly Frontier and appreciate that they are on time and the crew is always friendly and the service is great.

RodrigoRamirez Austin, TX

Frontier get's a lot of flack, but honestly, I've never had issues. Yeah the bag fees are a little much, but the flights are extremely cheap and they are always having some type of promotion. I appreciate all the bells and whistles that come with other airlines in terms of in flight entertainment and vibes. That in mind, if you just need to go point a to point b the cheapest way possible without all of the extras, I'd highly recommend frontier!

A Craw Draper, UT

I love their flights from Denver to Salt Lake. I feel like they are very reasonably priced. I particulary like the Den member loyalty program. Only thing I would change is that I would prefer not to pay so much in baggage fees!

Jamie Richards Lehi, UT

Frontier is a great cheap airline. That being said, you get what you pay for. The seats a really thin, and not the most comfortable. They also charge for any bags. But being able to use just a carry-on it made for a very affordable vacation for myself and my family. The crew was friendly and helpful.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Frontier is an Airline that you get what you pay for. I flew from Las Vegas to Cincinnatti, Ohio and the flight was great, but it was delayed for a long time. Give them credit, they gave me a $100 voucher and I will fly with them again.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Very cheap flights, but bare bones experience. Everything is an upgrade. If you know that and don’t care then you’ll have a very cheap ticket! Otherwise you might as well pay for another airline because you’ll get more for your money.

Cassidy Robertson Rock Springs, WY

We definitely love the affordability of Frontier and we will definitely use this airline again, however not in the winter months. We fly out of Denver and this last year was such a mess. We were at the airport to catch a flight at 4:30 pm, due to weather it got delayed over and over until 11:30 when they finally cancelled our flight, it felt like they could have prepared for this situation much better. In the meantime they lost our bags (thankfully not the car seats) we couldn't re-book our flight until three days later everything was such a mess. Then they lost a bag on that flight as well. However, they did refund us for lost items in our bag until they were returned to us and also gave each of us a voucher for a future flight. So it was frustrating but resolved. Once again it was stressful, but eventually handled and they did give us someone to email who immediately responded to help with our baggage situation.

Barb Jones Colorado Springs, CO

I have been flying with Frontier for some time now. I love this airline even though I did have a rather rude ticket/gate agent my last trip out of Phx. I will continue to give them my business.

sharon bacon Saint Peters, MO

I flew non-stop from STL to Fort Lauderdale round trip. I was disappointed that Frontier does not fly into PBI as I would use that service if they would do so. Great flight. No delays. Wonderful experience. Remember to buy your drinks and snacks before boarding the plane. I checked my bags so didn't have to deal with that.

Rachel Aurora, CO

I was able to fly so inexpensively on my last round trip that even with the baggage fees it was way under what I would have spent on another airline. I always check Frontier when I fly because they have such great deals.

Judi Schanowski Fond Du Lac, WI

We have never had a problem with Frontier. I am disabled and they were always helpful and friendly. Although, with my disability, we no longer fly.I guess my only complaint is that they don't have direct flight from Milwaukee to Vegas

fgaus San Antonio, TX

Went on a trip with 2 grandchildren last month. Service was excellent! Lost a boarding pass in the airport before rtn trip, however it was replaced without any problem. Just wish they were in San Antonio!

Bobbi Sedley Cleveland, OH

Took my first trip on Frontier. Took off and arrived on time. No complaints at all! seats very comfy too. I didn't have any problems but people at the back of the plane were moved up front because the toilet broke and the smell was very bad. Glad I paid for a closer up seat this time!

Heidi Walls Salt Lake City, UT

Flew into DFW from salt lake on dec 9, 2014 - Wonderful experience. really no problems. However I wish they would accept cash for snacks rather than just credit or dc. And wish they had more flights per day. And I would not have had a 5 hr layover in Denver. other than that all was wonderful. My husband flew in on the 22nd but, his flight got delayed several times he was supposed to take off around 5:30 - 6 PM from slc to Denver and then from Denver to DFW. Did not take off from slc till abt 9:30 PM and then when got to Denver of course had a layover but, think got delayed a little there to. Did not get to DFW till 1 am or after. think it was a mechanical problem.

Lisa Lien Sioux Falls, SD

I love flying Frontier but I always fly from Sioux Falls, SD to Denver, CO to see my son and now the flights are getting less and less and no more specials out of Sioux Falls so now i have to search other airlines. Very disappointed in that part.

take7 Sandy, UT

Cheaper flights for our destination and a longer layover enroute but the price was worth it especially traveling alone. When we did travel with the kids on Frontier the layovers were a bit rough and the planes small but it was fine considering the saving. Still, the time it takes to travel on Frontier and get from one place to the next sometimes isn't worth the price if you're in a hurry or can't handle the long layovers.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Frontier has some awesome deals on flights. I can find flights from SLC to Las Vegas for $39 each way, which makes it cheaper to fly than drive. You have to be flexible with dates to get the best deals on Frontier as weekends tend to be sometimes double the price as weekdays.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

I love the affordable rates Frontier Airlines provides to various cities in the US. For example, I can even find flights from Salt Lake to Las Vegas for under $100 round trip! I love that Frontier Airlines makes air travel so affordable.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

Frontier Airlines are perfect for me. They give me a great price, I don't have to pay for a bunch of extras that I don't need and I can travel light and be in to checkin and out at the end easily. They provide the budget traveler the ability to travel and not have to pay the high prices.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We became "Den" members this year which means you can fly almost any flight for a cheaper rate than just purchasing your ticket normally. There are some incredible deals going from Salt Lake to Denver. Usually I can find a round trip if I purchase early enough for around $100. That beats driving through the Rocky Mountains in January!

Derrick Lubbock, TX

Have had many inconveniences with frontier airlines, but for the price point they offer, I'm able to fly when otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford traveling. Can't complain too much. Don't expect extras, don't expect TV's, and prepare to pay for all your bags. Don't be surprised if a flight is running late. With all that said, I've always arrived safely to my destination with frontier airlines.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Miami, FL

I absolutely love flying frontier. They have great deals and I never have any issues when I travel with them. Their customer service agents are super helpful as well!

Santino M Akot

I was going to fly out from Las Vegas NV to Washington D.C and than, got hit by another driver. From there, I could not fly out before making sure my wife is okay and I asked Frontier Airlines to change that flight to a different day. Than, they told me that a reason in writing in theirs office doing so. Which I did. But now, the Frontier Airlines still holding my $99.00 dollars on that Trip Confirmation Number: SGG1GR. Thank you.

Colby South Jordan, UT

We had a few flights scheduled with Frontier Airlines on June 29th, 2019. The first flight out of Salt Lake was supposed to depart at 10:10 AM but there was a delay because the plane that we were supposed to board had not arrived on time. We understand that with flying there can be delays so this didn't bother us too much. We ended up departing Salt Lake City to Denver around 10:40 AM. Once we had arrived at Denver w started our scheduled 6-hour layover to our next flight with Frontier to Boston. The flight was scheduled to depart at 6:15. The flight was again delayed but with no notice this time. We waited around for 1 hour before even being able to board the flight. Then we had to wait an additional hour for our flight attendants that were landing on a different flight scheduled to arrive at 6:25. First of all, if all the flights had been on time, I would like to know how we were expected to leave at 6:15 when our flight attendants were not expected to land until 6:25. Not surprisingly there flight arrived 40 minutes later then the scheduled 6:25. At this point we are noticing a theme that all flights with Frontier have been delayed due to what seems to be poor scheduling and even the pilots were extremely frustrated. Every person between TSA, stand in flight attendants, pilots and passengers were extremely frustrated with the lack of communication and issues that seemed like they could've been avoided from the start. I have never had such a bad experience flying from Salt Lake to Boston before. These issues definitely seemed to be avoidable and even if they weren't, the communication and empathy for our frustrations could've been a lot better since there was a definite lack of both. Due to the great inconvenience and horrible service, I am requesting to have a refund credited to my card that I had purchased the tickets from. I am requesting a full refund in the amount of 448.20. Our experience was so awful we will never be flying with Frontier Airlines again. This was absolutely unacceptable.

Rodney Croteau Thompson's Station, TN

Frontier cancelled this flight just as we arrived at the airport, due to some issue on their side. Since they have no partnerships with any other airlines, their offered option was the next Frontier flight,. which was 2 days later! Missed 2 days of work and had extra expenses with pet boarding, hotels etc. After spending over an hour on the phone with customer service and escalating to the supervisor, their "customer service" compensation for my "inconvenience" was a $25 travel voucher. By far, the worst customer service experience I've ever had in my life. will never fly this airline again nor recommend this airline to anyone either. Please do yourself a favor and use an airline that cares for their customers and has a real level of customer service. Would have rated a "0" if permissible. UPDATE 7/2/19: The rebooked flight 2 days later was terrible as well. Although there were weather delays at ORD that afternoon that impacted many flights, this one was the last to finally depart nearly 5 hours later. Poor communication from the agents who seemed to have no updates or inaccurate ones. We were able to find more accurate updates online from flight tracker sites. Just horrible experiences and. will never fly with them again.

Ava Rasmussen South Jordan, UT

Frontier has great prices on their airfare. I use them when I fly to Denver and I’ve been happy with their service. I just don’t like that they charge for their carry on bags.

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

I do not love frontier airlines. We were going to a family reunion and bought the cheapest tickets we could find. (For frontier). Our flight ended up getting cancelled 3 hours before the flight. We had to jump on another flight that was hard to find. We did get a little money back but it wasn’t the best deal. Probably won’t ever fly Frontier unless I have to.

debbie Pleasant Grove, UT

I traveled with my 2 children on a short flight. It was a bit stressful because I was concerned about being all together. I did not want to pay the fee to choose seats together, but it turned out okay. There seemed to be a fee for everything though, and in most cases I would prefer a more straight forward process.

Disappointed Doylestown, PA

I'm going to make this real short, I've used Cheap Caribbean for many trips especially to the Dominican Republic. I recently booked a trip to Punta Cana and got a "GREAT DEAL' , however to keep the cost down they used FRONTIER AIRLINES. Not knowing their reputation did not think twice. We showed up at the PHILADELPHIA FRONTIER DESK over a hour before the flight was boarding. There were three couples trying to board including my wife and myself. The clerk states that We are late and that we can board the plane however not our luggage and that it would get there three days later. Obviously this was not a viable option, so we asked for the supervisor. The supervisor arrives about twenty minutes later, and said if my lead person says your late that's it. I asked how late were and she said SIX MINUTES but then she let the one couple board with luggage because the clerk then told the supervisor that we were not late, however we were all standing there together. I cannot believe I am even writing this write now , but I truly want people to know what a horrible experience we had . Needless to say we did not make our trip. One please be aware of the flights that you choose with Cheap Caribbean, it's well worth it to pay a little more for a piece of mind. Two NEVER USE FRONTIER AIRLINES

Anonymous Great Falls, MT

Well just got done with one of the worst flight experiences of my life! My flight was delayed 10 hrs yes 10!!!! They gave us no explanation as to why and all of the people working the counter had no idea what they were doing and they didn’t really even care to help!!! Because of this delay I was going to miss my connecting flight in Denver. Frontier offered no help because they don’t work with any other airlines to help you get onto another flight home! I will never book with Frontier Airlines again because you truly get what you pay for. I would rather walk to my destination than fly on Frontier Airlines! PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Ashley Korak Las Vegas, NV

Unfortunately frontier is one of the very few nonstop airlines between Las Vegas and Memphis. I try to avoid frontier as much as possible and prefer to spend more than twice as much time traveling and will gladly spend twice as much money if it means not taking frontier. The website is so horrible you can’t add a TSA number. The check in workers will NOT add your TSA number unless you relentlessly flirt with them. I have waited on the phone for over 50 minutes to try to get help but no answer. I always buy the most expensive seat available but they don’t decline and there’s no internet available for purchase and the drinks are 2x more expensive than American. I would not recommend Frontier to anybody aside from my worst enemy.

London Martin Hot Springs, AR

I planned to visit my boyfriend in Salt Lake City a month ahead of time and bought my ticket from Frontier Airlines, if I had known at the time all the trouble I would have to go through I would have went with another airline. The first problem I had was on the way out to Salt Lake City, it was a delay of 3 hours in the Denver airport. This was an inconvenience, however not the end of the world. The night before my flight back to Little Rock I received an email that said my flight was cancelled and it only gave me two options, to either get a refund on the unused part of my ticket plus travel miles with Frontier (obviously I don't want to fly with Frontier ever again) or to get a refund of up to $400 if I bought a ticket with another airline plus more travel miles with Frontier. The original round-trip ticket was only $375 and I would have only gotten half of that back. So in more simple terms I was being screwed out of money since their company policy is not to pay you back in full the cost of the new ticket. The night before my flight there is no way I could have found a ticket with another airline cheaper than $400. I ended up paying $600 for my one-way ticket back home since it was so last minute. I would think with any respectable airline there would have been another option (or a full refund for the new ticket in previous options would have sufficed), to offer another flight free of charge. Frontier Airlines clearly doesn't strive to serve customers to the customer's satisfaction. They left me stranded in a city hours from my home without even the option of giving me a full refund on the new ticket I had to buy because they cancelled my flight the night before. The money Frontier Airlines cost me was hard earned money supposed to go towards my college tuition or books. It is very disappointing that Frontier doesn't take care of its customers and works with them.