- Ticket prices
- Flight statistics
- In-flight services
Dragonair flies passengers in and out of Hong Kong. They are one of many companies that flies these routes so the tickets were competitive. When searching for flights, there were not as many ticket options through Dragonair as other airlines that fly in the area. Because of this, there were not as many options in terms of dates and times for flights through Dragonair. Dragonair was also not one of the better-priced ticket options. For one of their more popular flights, Hong Kong to Phuket, Dragonair was tied for the third most expensive ticket. Airlines such as Air China or Hong Kong Airlines were much cheaper options than Dragonair. With less flights and at more expensive prices, Dragonair may not be the flight that passengers will choose when looking at ticket prices for flights in and out of Hong Kong.
Dragonair flies to 44 destinations in 13 different countries. This makes them a very small airline when comparing to other options. Many airlines offer hundreds of destinations worldwide and have many planes and options available for different flights. Dragonair has so few destinations; they would not be able to serve many passengers on a number of different flights to destinations worldwide. They are very concentrated in Asia and have most of their destinations only on that continent. When Dragonair is compared to some of the top airlines, they are in comparison much smaller and much less able to fly passengers everywhere they may need to go. A few of the 44 destinations that Dragonair flies to are cargo service only flights making the number of flights that passengers can use even smaller. Dragonair has 41 aircrafts to serve their destinations which is again, much smaller than some of the other top airlines in the industry.
Dragonair does not have the best history of flights arriving on time. In the last month, looking at their most active flights according to Flightstats.com, only 60% of them were on time. 15% were late, 7% were very late and 15% were excessively late. When comparing to other airlines, Dragonair does not come out as one of the better airlines. A number of the other airlines had high 80% of their flights on time and a much smaller number of excessively late flights. A lot of their most active flights also received very low ratings, many of them got a zero out of five stars. Their highest rated flights include:
• Hong Kong to Phuket (2 stars, 77% on time)
• Quingdao to Hong Kong (2 stars, 71% on time)
• Shalu to Hong Kong (1.8 stars, 78% on time)
The flight Nanjing to Hong Kong had their lowest on time rating at only 37%. Based on these numbers, it shows that Dragonair is not the most competitive when it comes to daily flights being on time. They have a much lower percentage of on time flights than many of the other top airlines.
Dragonair offers a number of inflight services that are found standard on many airlines. Some of the services that can be expected on a Dragonair flight include:
• Dining: Dragonair offers cuisine authentic to the destinations in Asia on their flights. A few flights have western dishes as well for those that would prefer, however the majority of the dishes are authentic to the Asian experience of Dragonair. Certain flights offer desserts and light snacks as well as the meal and there are always a number of drink options available ranging from alcohol, coffee, tea, soft drinks, and juice.
• Entertainment: Dragonair is again compatible with other top airlines in terms of their inflight service entertainment options. They include a large number of movies, TV shows, music, or magazines. Onboard the Dragonair A320 aircraft, there is a Wireless Inflight Entertainment System in place. This means that passengers can use their own smartphones or tablets on the flight to wirelessly access the Wireless Inflight Entertainment System's library. The library includes movies, music, TV shows, and a moving map. However, to use the system, The Studio Application needs to be downloaded on the device before boarding the plane.
• Shopping: Dragonair offers passengers the chance to shop while on their trip and even offers certain reward card members to earn miles for their purchase.