American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.7

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

We enjoyed flying American Airlines because of the great deals we seem to find out of Salt Lake City international Airport. We have never had trouble with being delayed or losing luggage .

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

American Airlines is a reliable and comfortable airline that provides a great experience for the whole family. We love what American Airlines has to offer.

Bella Houtz South Jordan, UT

American Airlines is a good solid company. The pricing seems fair. I have had some problems with being on time but that might be the airports problem as much as American Airlines. The employees are always nice and I would use them in the future.

Stacy Kay Salt Lake City, UT

I've only flown on American Airlines, so keep that in mind (I don't fly often). I had no problems. The flight attendants were great. Prices were fine. No complaints at this point.

Matilda Vega Houston, TX

Horrible !!! They MAKE YOU miss your connecting flights due to “traffic on the runway!” Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how early you arrive at the airport if they don’t hold themselves accountable for their own time management!

Ryan Gilleon ,

Thieves.. I booked a flight they couldn't find it so they made pay again at office. Then told it was never charged and won't return my money. Never use them, the worst corporate criminals there is don't trust with your money.

TimR North Brunswick, NJ

Flied a lot with them and so far I am really satisfied with the service they offer and they way they treat the passengers. Big thanks!

dan o olson Fargo, ND

Booked a flight. The country of destination closed it borders. American Airlines will not refund my ticket. American Airline please refund our tickets. You are doing a terrible disservice to your company brand with this kind of conduct.

Unhappy Chicago, IL

I used mikes to book a flight for May. I had to cancel due to Corona. AA put all the mikes back in my account and did not charge and fees to do it.

Tiffany Barney Salt Lake City, UT

Traveling with 13 of us to Hawaii and we couldn’t sit together. It’s seems like they could come up with a better system so families can sit together on long flights.

Jan Marie Larson Fairfield, IA

I fly almost every week. American Airlines has very consistent baggage and boarding policies. I always know what to expect.

Marilyn Winter

My experience was good. All of my flights were on time plus I really enjoyed the inflight entertainment.

John M Stanley Burleson, TX

When flying on vacation to Alaska, their schedules mean nothing to them; have always arrived late, thus missing at least one day of our paid vacation.

Mike O. Frisco, TX

Always late, slow baggage claims. I have been lied to from customer service . Flight attendants allow large bags that won't fit on planes. The advantage program is a jc

Angelica Moreno

It was good but need more special deals and lower price for those deals. Attendants need to be more friendly when serving

M Schwartz Sicklerville, NJ

I was a big Southwest traveler but i have found more direct flights at more convenient times with American

Roger Hamilton

recently flew on AA from Vermont to Florida...had an amazing experience. Polite crew. Comfy seats. Highly recomment

Randy Hubbard

60 flights 2019 without problems. No lost luggage, no significant delays. Great staff on the ground and in the air.

dave white Sandy, TX

taken to wrong terminal then at last minute was told right terminal at departure had to bust my ass im 66 and wife 64 had heart sergury 1 year before

Laurie Massie Lakeland, FL

Best airline BY FAR!! Super friendly, & they take care of military service members and their families.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I have found American Airlines to be a trustworthy carries. I've flown them many times and always had a good experience.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

Their customer service is lacking and I have had flights cancelled at the last minute with no regard for the customer. That can be so stressful!! I only fly with them if I have to.

Alex Nee Centerville, MA

Closed the door on me while I was in line. Then charged me more to get on another plane. Worst part was that the plane I originally was supposed to get on was nearly empty and they did it to others from other flights. I made some friends in the standby line after eight hours.

Themis Z. Glatman

Everytime I call them, their representatives have been absolutely great with full knowledge of their routes and prices

Frank Waldorf, MD

Love these guys. Plenty if leg room. This is the double tree or Hilton of airlines. Delta is like the holiday inn.

Walter Cachia West Chester, PA

From Philly, AA has little or no compatition on some routs. Service is "no frills", bagage charges explotived as are the upcharges for non first class seating. FF miles expire quickly.

Kevin

Need to allow for more elbow room. The last flight I was on, I literally had to eat with my elbows tucked in because the seating is so tight.

Mary Walker Georgetown, KY

Flew American this week. Planes were new, clean and leg room awesome. Crew were friendly. Wonderful flight

Katie Murphy Milwaukee, WI

Awful... delay 2 hours ... due to construction at connecting airport... missed connection and American Airlines answer was for us to pay for our own hotel stay, figure out where are luggage was and wait 2 hours to get it.... they were rude, unhelpful and had not one drop of sincere concern for the passengers that pay for their services !

Adolfo Urrutia Miami, FL

Extremely poor customer service. Elite status means close to nothing to them. Require segments for upgrades unlike delta who offers them to all elite flyers. Delta has been overall better but I’m stuck with American Airlines because of their hub in Miami.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

I’ve only flown with American Airlines a few times, but they have always treated me kindly and I’ve never had any issues.

Charles Bradley Owens Tucson, AZ

It wasn’t awful. Some of their jets are dated and uncomfortable and their complimentary bag check is total garbage. It’s a business like any other...

Robert Mclean Seagrove, NC

On time,courteous staff,I would definitely recommend using them,I have flown with them for year's,no issues

Karen Fortier Oak Harbor, WA

Very good pricing and friendly. helpful employees on board, at ticket counters. check in, and baggage

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

I remember having a pretty normal experience with American Airlines. Nothing particularly amazing but their flights were cheap!

Alex Murphy Reno, NV

My experiences on American usually end up poorly. I have had delayed flights, seats given away, and worst of all is that it is one of the most expensive companies.

Tashy Cadenas

American Airlines is by far the worst airline. It took 4 days to get me and my nephews luggage while we were on vacation in P.R. They were less than sympathetic and hard to get any information about the whereabouts of our bags. Ruined the beginning of our vacation.

Edythe Sharron Sunnyvale, CA

Flew American Airlines in July. After months of trying to reach a person in American Airlines that could help with a theft from my luggage, I have found they want original receipts for items claimed. They have bureaucratic answers to all requests. They take no responsibility for any items checked in baggage. You fly at your own risk!

Sonia Andrade Westfield, NJ

Three years ago I went to Quito Ecuador my flight back from Quito to Newark, NJ was a nightmare . I flew back 3 days later. I almost lost my job here at the USA. Finally they sent me in Delta. They pay Hotel only for one night.

Jose J Solero Bettendorf, IA

I recently had two bad experiences which had to do with aircraft maintenance as well as crew and passengers lives. Even though I communicated my experiences to American, twice already, they chose to ignore them and didn't even the courtesy to reply back to me.

Pilar Gomez Miami, FL

I alway fly with American Airlines good service & on time departure & arrivals. The very best!!!!

Lance Carlsbad, CA

Not even peanuts. When I started flying them in the 80's, they had the best service. Now, their prices are much higher and their service isn't as good. That said, American has wonderful, experienced flight crews.

Rita Calvert Harvest, AL

IT WAS THE FLIGHT FROM HELL! THEY CHANGED THE GATE 7 TIMES. THEN THEY CANCELED THE FLIGHT. THEY RE-BOOKED ON A 7:00 AM FLIGHT. THEY CANCELLED AGAIN. THEY RE-BOOKED ME TO GO TO WASHINGTON, D.C. AND THEN TO HUNTSVILLE. THEY WOULD NOT LET US OFF THE PLANE DUE TO LIGHTENING AND THEN THEY LOSS MY LUGGAGE!

Peter Rappoccio Danbury, CT

Had a terrible time when flights were cancelled due to weather in Dallas in February. American was no help and I had to reschedule myself using a different airline. A mess. Some passengers were stuck in Dallas for 36 hours. Ticket agents were useless.

Brad Los Angeles, CA

NOT GOOD! They cancelled flight, forced lines of 2.5 hours for instructions, no hotel or food, re-booked next day without apology. Luggage was misplaced. I sent a complaint and they "gave" me 10,000 miles. No attempt to satisfy me.

Diane Petrofsky Katy, TX

Worst flight experience ever! 4 hour wait on runway on flight to Honolulu, then overbooked flight home, they never called our names for seats available, so hubby checked, otherwise we wouldn't have gone home on time. Worst customer service EVER!!!!!

Maria Beth Kadle Sunnyvale, CA

I am never flying AA again. In April I got stuck in customs missed my flight and was put on stand by for three days. NO FOOD OR HOTEL VOUCHERS and absolutely no help from customer service. I then had to purchase another ticket to get tomSan Fransisco. I had already missed two days of work.

Camilo Penilla Saint Augustine, FL

Terrrible experience. I arrived at JFK 1 hour before my flight to JAX. They reaigned our seats simply because we did not check in online, put us on stand by, boarded us and then deboarded us. Terrible service and rude flight attendants from US Air.

Debbie Leavenworth, KS

You should be able to check 1 bag for free when flying international. You are staying longer and some items are hard to find when out of the country.

MattB Salt Lake City, UT

My family and I flew American Airlines last year we were disappointed. Compared to Delta who we usually fly with, the service wasn't as good, plane felt worn and unclean and the staff weren't friendly.