American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.6

Amalia AMLU5848 Boulder, CO

With very few exceptions, every time I fly American (especially if it is an international flight), my flight gets delayed or canceled. It is impossible to deal with their customer service representatives and the voucher they gave me for my canceled flight was worth 1/5 of what I had paid for my ticket. There are no free checked bags, definitely fly Southwest over American.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

I recently flew on American Airlines to and from Spain and had a wonderful experience. Ample leg room, great service, and huge selection of on-flight movies!

cb Thibodaux, LA

very nice airline. my flight was on time and was kept very comfortable and enterained with the movies on board. the prices are affordable and staff is very friendly!

hmarashi Newark, NJ

I took american airlines to London this year, the plane tickets were very well priced and the service in the plane was exemplary. Two complimentary meals and a free snack!

sofia p. Tallahassee, FL

I had a great time on my last flight with AA to Colombia. The in-flight service was great and the seats were very spacious. Definitely booking a flight with them this summer.

Randi Nelson Managua, MN

I’ve flown American Airlines on many different occasions. Every time I was very pleased with the service, quality of flight, and the price was reasonable.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

When I traveled with American Airlines, the staff were very friendly, seats were spacious and I had no issues with the itinerary. Could not have gone any smoother.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

I occasionally travel American Airlines and find their customer service and flight attendants to be great and still have competitive prices for air travel.

Fife32 Managua, MN

I have taken American Airlines many times to many different places around the world and within the country. Cheap flight, and worth to where you need to go.

Lethia Johnson Tallahassee, FL

I have flown American Airlines multiple times in the last 3 years, and have pleasantly surprised every time! The Flight attendants are always nice, we leave on time, and I would gladly choose American Airlines again!

Bennett Robinson Riverton, UT

American Airlines has not been the most reliable airline when I have flown. I have had several flights canceled or delayed. They have some great prices on flights, but I will always book travel insurance when flying American Airlines just in case the flight is delayed or canceled.

Denise Riggs Midvale, UT

I recently flew with American Airlines for the first time in many years. The seats were fairly small which is fine for me however slightly uncomfortable for my husband. It was an average experience and overall I would probably fly again if I found a really good deal.

Mike Wilson Baytown, TX

Flew this airline to Italy from Houston. Set in Premium Economy. Seats were a little more spacious and food was decent. Flight attendants were friendly. I would fly this airline again.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Whenever I fly American Airlines, I'm always a little concerned about the reliability of my flight. I've had more than one flight cancelled with American. So while the price may be cheaper, if you have an important meeting or urgent matter to get to, I would consider another airline.

Seth Managua, MN

I recently Took a flight from Salt Lake City to Nicaragua in the flight inside the United States was in my opinion overcrowded and not enough leg room on the plane. However my flight to Nicaragua was wonderful I had enough leg room and it wasn’t overcrowded on the plane.

Madison Kneiss Long Beach, MS

i flew to amsterdam and even though the staff was decent the plane was needing to retire. it did not have tvs and it still had ashtrays in the arms of the chairs. it was a very long 12 hours. there was also no where to charge anything. so we couldnt even watch our phones. these are things it should tell you when you book the flight.

Cathy Sewall Potts Camp, MS

Great prices on tickets! A lot of destinations! I flew with them back to Michigan and we got delayed in Ohio for over 8 hours with a new born that was still breastfeeding! I kept trying to find places to hide from public! I wish they could have covered us a hotel room like some companies do, when they know it will be over a 5 hour wait!

karis buggs

I have taken many flights with American Airlines and they always show amazing customer service. Even when i miss a flight they always make the experience painless.

Trina Smith Payson, UT

The airline has decent prices for decent cross country travel. Seats are bit uncomfortable and the stuffiness of flight crew attempting to be professional just seems cold and lacking. Crew should get over themselves and relax. I bet they would prefer it too.

Daphne Brown Riverton, UT

I love AA flights all over the world and it is my go to choice when I want to fly international. I seem to pay more for their flights unfortunately and wish they hard more deals for me. But I like my experience on my flight.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

When I flew with American I found theri services to be fairly typical of other large airlines. With that said, they were friendly and got me to my destinations on time. Their pricing is competitive and they offer a good selection of flights.

Ariyana Miller Riverview, FL

The bag policy is a little ridiculous, but overall the service is very nice. The plane seats are pretty spacious and there are TV's available for the flyer's viewing pleasures.

Jon Robinson Riverton, UT

Just like most of the big boys, there is nothing really special about the experience here. They'll get you from point A to B, but there is nothing that really makes your experience stand out. I'm fine flying with them, but not looking at them first.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We've flown with American airlines a few times and have never had a problem. The staff is friendly and we had great customer service. We will fly with them again.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

I have flown on American Airlines multiple times and I can usually count on the flight being delayed, or even canceled, when flying on American. The fares may be cheaper, but I know I have to make accommodations for possible delays when flying on American.

Zac Marx Brighton, CO

American Airlines is not a personal favorite or preferred airlines, but it is good for the random flights to the eastern US. I definitely wish they had more movie players like Delta, but still reliable.

Ellen Morris Potomac, MD

I have never had any issues with American Airlines and their service is good. But I often dont fly with them because they dont have hubs in the cities I most often fly between.

Ashlyn Cann Alpine, UT

I was pretty happy with my American Airlines experience. I am a regular Delta flyer, but was impressed by American. I appreciated their boarding process. It was very fast and effective.

Garrett Mingus Provo, UT

As far as traveling goes, American is your typical airline, most of the planes are older (some are newer), the experience is always neutral, not really that great, not really that bad. One thing that is great is that American flys almost anywhere in the United States and they usually have one of the cheapest options.

Breanne Stanko Logan, UT

Not a horrible flight. The planes however were always late and always had maintenance errors. The plane was clean and kept nice. But tickets didn’t include any free checked bags and the flight attendants weren’t always the nicest.

Rachel Ellsworth Gilbert, AZ

American Airlines is my favorite airline! The planes are so nice and my flights are always so comfortable. I always feel safe and happy when I fly American Airlines!

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

I flew with American airlines for the first time last month and it was a good experience. I had 3 legs of my flight and each layover was smooth and the luggage all got to the right place.

Grant Lofgreen Provo, UT

Best airline out there. App is useful. So many destinations. Prices are reasonable. Plan interiors could use an upgrade but all crew are very helpful.

Alyssa skinner Gilbert, AZ

I just flew with American 2 weeks ago and was flying over night. I was expecting to get a small blanket and pillow and didn’t which was disappointing but other than that the flight was great and the flight attendant were very helpful.

rcurtis Pleasant Grove, UT

I went on this airline on a trip to the netherlands, and it was a very long and cramped flight. My Tv on the seat was broken the whole time which was very disappointing because I wanted to watch a movie. I'm a very small person and so i wonder how cramped bigger people would've felt. Other than that, it was a great flight.

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have flown on American to several cities. I like that their flights are on time and the flight attendants are always courteous and helpful. I can find good bargains too!

Nathan Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

I used to love flying American Airlines. My primary credit card was American Airlines. Since their mergers and changes everything has gone down hill. They are a lot harder to work with. Their customer support is a lot worse then it used to be. I am disappointed in their company. I went from being a loyal customer and now I prefer not to fly with them. They are very rarely the better deal now and they don't have as many good options or treat you as well. Their reward program is not very good now either.

Steve Anderson Lindon, UT

I am not a flyer of American Airlines and there is a reason for that. Just one of several examples. My wife and I had a trip planned for the Caribbean to see our kids. The day of our departure, I called the airline to double check and make sure there were no problems. Only minutes before we were to leave for the airport, I found out that they cancelled the entire last leg of our trip. As far as I could tell, we had no warning from them of the cancellation. They said the cancelled the last leg more than 2 months before we left but they did not tell us. We did not make our trip and had to try and cancel our hotel reservations as well. I tried to work through their customer service reps but they were completely non-responsive to our plight. In fact, they showed not one bit of concern or compassion. It's Delta for me for all my trips.

Jeff B Orem, UT

I don't think I have ever had a good experience when flying on American Airlines. My most recent experience was horrible. When flying to Detroit the baggage attendant mislabeled my luggage and it was sent to Chicago under someone else's name. The customer service department could not find it for the life of them. My stay in Detroit was for 5 days and it wasn't until the 4th day that it was located and sent to me. I had my luggage for the following day when I then flew out. I was such a fiasco that I switch my return flight to another airline because of the horrible experience. I will NEVER fly American again!

Jami Schmieding Mesa, AZ

American airlines isnt my favorite airline but i have no complaints. its cheaper then the ones i usually fly soi find myself looking at their prices and going with them more and more each year.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

I have traveled with American Airlines on multiple occasions and have never had an issues. The planes are always clean and I got to my destinations safely so I have no complaints.

Isaac Gilbert, AZ

This airline is one of my favorites to fly. They have great customer service and employees. They have an easy to use app that makes the flight a better experience. The airplanes are nice and are comfortable.

Jobie Goodro Orem, UT

Received a voucher for taking a later flight. It was awesome. Got the later flight free and then another flight as well to somewhere else covered! Great customer service

Rachael Kerr Gilbert, AZ

I've flown American Airlines with my family a lot and it's usually a good experience. The flight attendants have always been happy to help and the airline does provide drinks and sometimes a small snack during flights.

ally blackhurst Pleasant Grove, UT

American Airlines is affordable and good for last minute flights, but I wouldn’t make it my first choice for flights. It doesn’t have a lot of the amenities that some of the other airlines do. Overall though I wasn’t too disappointed.

Dylan Curtis Pleasant Grove, UT

Flew on this airline a few times. Once was a trip to England with my 2 kids, ages 5 and 2. During the long leg from Atlanta to London my 2 year old began to get fussy and could not be consoled. The airline staff acted very annoyed with me, but I was trying everything. Other than that trip, my experiences have been good with AA.

Mary West Jordan, UT

We found cheap tickets with American Airlines which was great. It's just unfortunate that we were treated like we didn't matter because we bought the cheapest tickets. The flights we were originally scheduled for were delayed and then rescheduled. The guy at the desk told my husband, "You bought the cheapest ticket. You should be glad we found you a solution."

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

The flight attendants are very nice and always help you with whatever you need. The pilot also always tells us where we are and how long until arrival often.

Jr Orem, UT

i prefer flying AA due to extra leg room space and availability of flights.price is reasonable. the only negative is i have to pay $25 for my luggage every time i travel.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

We enjoyed flying American Airlines because of the great deals we seem to find out of Salt Lake City international Airport. We have never had trouble with being delayed or losing luggage .