American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.6

Beverly Ahrens

I was in need of wheelchair assistance at both ends of my flight. They were very handicap accessible, and helpful with my needs both at the airport, and on board.

Maggie McKiernan Tucson, AZ

Lousy. I got stuck in Houston for 3 days. the company could've cared less about me and all the other passengers flying to Mexico. Unfortunately, I have been unable to avoid flying AA a few times since, but if there is another airline I can afford going my way, I always try NOT to fly American. I did complain to the company, but heard nothing in reply.n. t

Tiffany I Washington, DC

Decent prices. The flights and service are always great. When searching for flights, their tickets are always competitive.

Walker Cleveland, TN

On Sunday, the flight booked from Philadelphia to Chattanooga was delayed for just shy of 6 hours due to "mechanical malfunctions" with the plane. Could another plane not be dispatched? Even worse, when I asked for assistance or updates - my questions were met with an attitude that certainly did not say "we are concerned about our customers." In fact, it seemed like I was bothering the agent on hand. Updates were sparse, Customer Service was non-existant. Because of this, my family and I will never willingly fly American Airlines again.

Denis Edmonds, WA

Worst airline possible. I bought a round trip. I few to Phoenix. When I went to return home I was shocked to find out that my ticket was cancelled by them for no reason with no warnings. AA is not worth the low price and you can not even talk to there Customerservice. Keya the supervisor would not give her employee number and was nothing but very very rude. If I could give negative stars I would.

C Oursland Phoenix, AZ

Dont fly American Airlines. I used them for the 1st time in over 20 years, and they are the most unreliable and inconsiderate when it comes to schedules. Compared to other Airlines, they had the most schedule changes, the most drastic with up to 2 hours, only airline to ruin plans with family I was visiting, and they did nothing to make up for it.

Callinda

Clean environment. The employees are personable and accommodating which makes for a comfortable flight with peace of mind.

Nicole Maiello Wayne, NJ

Absolute worst airline. It has been 3 days since they lost my bag. No one can tell me where it is. Yet they claim it's delayed not lost and gave me a lecture about packing a carry on. Total "not my problem" attitude. Uncaring. And the rep hung up on me so I could not leave her a negative review. American does not care about their customers or their baggage. Absolute incompetence and rudeness.

Olivia Clark Gilbert, AZ

I have flown on American Airlines over 100 times and I love the airline. I always feel comfortable on my flight and the customer service is great.

K. Witt Reading, PA

do not use this airlines. I booked a flight from Newark to Dallas. My flight was cancelled, and I was re-booked but with a stop over in Miami instead of direct. I have sat in Miami all day because my flight has been cancelled three times. They are also overbooked so they are telling people they have to wait. I will Never fly with this airlines again. Find any other airlines. They have zero customer service.

Christine Marlton, NJ

I won’t fly American Airlines again. They only cater to wealthy people. I have a late night flight and wanted to go early for standby. The woman couldn’t give me an answer until I gave her my information. She came back on the phone and told me I didn’t qualify for it.🤔 I always wondered why all my friends fly southwest. Never fly American again

Susan Lawson Vista, CA

Most horrible airline ever.... What kind of airline makers it’s travelers get off their plane, cancel their flight and then board the same plane (WITH OUR LUGGAGE STILL ON IT) with other passengers and send it to another city? AMERICAN!! This happened on 12/26/18 from Dallas to San Diego. The plane was sent to LA instead and we were dumped in the terminal without luggage, a place to stay or food vouchers... WHO DOES THIS the day after Christmas? Never again... EVER! Do not use this airline!!!

Olga Elmwood Park, NJ

We have just had bad experience with American Airlines and had to cancel our vacation, soooo sad , the flight was delayed and we missed connecting flight , and instead of helping and find some solution they told us to cancel our vacation.... I was trying to find another person but they did not even talk to us , they were sooooo rude and ignoring , they said they can not put us to another flight because it is overbooked and no compensation , no hotel or free meal , no sorry , will never flight with the company ever again . Stay away from them if you don’t want to ruin your vacation!!!

Erin MacDonnell North Haven, CT

The staff is very friendly and my flights have been smooth. I wish that they offered a free checked bag like some of the other airlines.

Jose J Oliva Miami, FL

I made the reservation at 1.25pm 11/08/2018, to fly on the last flight at 3.36pm, two hours later they put another flight that leaves at 6.35pm, call to change the flight as it is much better to me That hour and I said that it is $ 200.00 dollars for passengers of pain, thief, for a change two hours after the reservation and for a change of schedule the same day on the same date, America Airline loses customer every day and I am one more that loses, in a short time we will see one more time in bankruptcy, for ridicule, for mistreating the client and for thieves

Frank Ahrens Chula Vista, CA

I fill this airlines is not far about over weight bags are charged is to high . My bag was only 8 lbs over weight . My wife tried to check a bag in she was told she was too late But as we wore getting on the plane they let other people . They charge for too many things . In the 70 and 80 I used this airlines with great service . I would use any other airline first they are in for the money . I would tell anyone to use any other airline first they suck !!!! Now I will try to use another airline

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I’ve only flown American Airlines once, but the experience wasn’t great. There was an hour delay on an already late night flight, with no explanation! And the cabin wasn’t in very good condition.

Ilana Chicago, IL

I just had a recent flight with AA. I love this airline. I choose them often. Their professionalism and efficiency is over the top.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

American Airlines has always made my traveling a little easier. They are well priced, they are dependable, and I have never had a bad experience flying with them.

Anonymous Long Beach, CA

they are usually on time, rarely have delays and if they do they make arrangements to get you to your destination as timely as possible

Heather

I purchased a flight traveling on military orders through American Airlines from Virginia to Frankfurt. Through AA special services, I arranged for my emotional support companion( a cat), to accompany me. Flight was delayed, connection missed, and I was rerouted through London. I called special assistance twice and spoke to a manager asking for assistance. I was told 3 times all was fine. When we arrived in London, I was detained, and British Agents took my cat to Quarantine. It took 10 hours to sort out. Thank you for asking.

Gerald Rossi

As a Platium Advantage Member I am made to feel special 9 out of 10 times when I call the Platium Desk. That is as close to perfect as one gets.

Sue Justice

Our flight from Miami to London Heathrow was full but the service in Business class was good and efficient however the cabin was relatively new but could have been cleaner. I can supply a photo?

Julie Firkins Orem, UT

I fly from utah to PR every year to see my children and grandchildren, most times i fly american, the reason being the cost and the convenient times. also they seen to arrive at the destination when promised,

Lori Schwab Sandy, UT

Overall, quality of American Airlines has decreased. I have been a long time customer until the last couple of years. Smallest seats and so cramped. The plans are up. Not upgraded at all. Fees are so high if you ever have to change your flight.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I have been pretty unhappy with customer service with American Airlines. I think there are unnecessary fees and I don't feel like they really care to make their customers happy. Prices are usually high and I rarely can find a good deal with AA. I think some bettering of their customer service could do the company good.

Andrew Bituin

Company like American Airlines are the worst. It's one thing to have flight delayed due to maintenance and another one due to maintenance. Our flight is only 4 hours. It took us 12 hours to get home. We had to get different flight due to delay and missing our connecting flight because of the company. They over booked. I will used other Airlines due to this experience. The worst day ever.

Niall Archbold Raleigh, NC

I booked a flight for my brother to travel from New York to Raleigh NC May 29th returning May 31st.I realized last evening that I made a mistake. I had booked the ticket Raleigh to New York round trip. I called American Airlines to see what they could do to help. they told me my ticket is non refundable. If your brother would like to travel from NY to Raleigh May 29th it would cost $446.00. I was going back and forward with them all day. American Airlines offered me $177 towards a future flight. I refused the offer. I'll never ever use them again.

Laurie A Flower Mound, TX

Oh how I wish American had some real competition out of DFW! I am a Platinum customer of American and time and again I am disappointed in their customer service, the filthy status of their airplanes and the lack of timeliness. Please American, empower your employees, clean your airplanes and, stop the clustering of your flights which make it more difficult to get into the airport, maneuver thru mass throngs of people all trying get to their gates and, makes flying times terribly inconvenient.

Martha San Diego, CA

Had a terrible experience flying from SD to Boston. But last May I did give AA a second chance, from SD to Austin TX, the flight was a nightmare!! The flight was delayed, we miss our flight to Austin and we were stuck in Dallas for 8 hrs!!! American was no help and we had to reschedule ourselves using a different airline. (No way that we going to miss my son's graduation) A mess. AA personnel with attitude. Ticket agents were useless. No more AA for me!!

BAM Port Saint Lucie, FL

American Airlines, the personnel that assist me on my last trip was not friendly and helpful at all. I needed a wheel chair and the female person left and said would come back and she never did. We had to get some to assist us and that still took awhile. Then in the boarding area the staff on the desk was just so impersonal and short with most of the people that they had contact with. Let's not forget about how small the seats are and tight. Going and coming no friendly personnel. Must had been a bad day.

Brad Anderson Los Angeles, CA

Last 4 trips in 5 weeks had issues with delays or cancellations due to "mechanical". That is, the planes did not work. While I appreciate the safety of not flying when not safe, somehow this airline should have planes that are fit to fly. I wrote to them and their reply was simply "we are replacing our planes as fast as we can." I am not impressed!!!!

Orlando Alfaro Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been faithful to AA for many years, since was one of the best airlines Unfortunately it is now one of the last options for its poor service, little space between the chairs, the failure to flight departure, for having the oldest fleet of airliners on the market, by paying less to flight attendants for their high prices. In summary because their executives looking to take the company into the bankruptcy and then benefit from the bonuses.

ed Copperas Cove, TX

we were flying from Austin Texas to Boston for a trip to the Azores .Flight was delayed then delayed,more then delayed more then canceled. AA employees were not helpful refused to transfer me to a US Airways flight said they were not fully merged. as a result, I missed the charter flight and lost $1600, I was a US Airways customer, now that they have merged I am looking for a new airline to fly on and it is not AA . Once you fly an airline like Air New Zealand or Qantas then you really find out how bad AA service is

Clay La Habra, CA

Their pricing online is extremely deceptive. They quote a price online, then when you actually try to book they give a "system error, try again in a few minutes" if they don't want to honor the price. Can't the regulatory agencies do anything about this practice? Wrong! In researching, i"m learning that many other people are experiencing this. Bad bad bad AA and (if true) governmental agencies for allowing this to go on.

Asuela L. Lancaster, CA

Poor customer service..i cancelled.my last booked flight(november 2014) round trip to NYC/LAX for 4 due to personal reasons beyond my control. I contacted them through email and phone calls unfortunately they cannot refund which i understand since its my fault. But my question is that dont i get atleast a credit of some sort - and nothing! Its like buying the miles since i paid for it anyway but nothing! So your rating from me - 1 !!!

William F. Waters Lynn, MA

Nothing special, flight delays appear very common for AA. Food mediocre. In flight entertainment not so good. Aircraft need better cleaning. Prices high. Trying to get from point A to point B without stopping at point C for a plane change, impossible! Customer service very poor. I had a first class fight from HNL to BOS with a plane change at DFW. Flight from DFW to BOS cancelled had to fly coach on this leg and was never credited for the price difference.

Rnd Chelsea, AL

After a long flight from Vancouver we arrived at DFW at 6:30 pm. Our connecting flight to Birmingham was to depart about 10 pm, after three gate changes , we were told our flight was cancelled. There was no doubt they knew the flight was or would be cancelled at 6:30 but didn't tell us until after 10pm.Their rescheduled flight was the next day through Charolet with a 3 hr layover and get in to Birmingham about 6;30pm.

Joe Johnson Brentwood, TN

I left my sport coat on a flight between Nashville and Dallas-Ft.Worth, I asked if they would please go to the gate and get my jacket for me and they said that they couldn't do that! I don't understand as to why when the flight attendant hung my jacket that he didn't put my name on it! Very poor customer service. I called custom service and it didn't matter to them one way or another!

Alma Krieger Phoenix, AZ

After waiting 18 days for a reply from Customer Service re: my 3rd complaint of the confiscation of 80,000 air miles and the extortion attempt to get me to pay $600 to restore them, I am once again appalled at AA's refusal to do the right thing and restore the miles. The AA Customer "service" motto must be Rule 1 - American Airlines is always RIGHT Rule 2 - if American Airlines is WRONG, see Rule 1..Obviously being wrong is more important than serving customers.

Cheryl Hamilton Newark, DE

I am a frequent flyer. I mainly flew US Air. The merger of these two airlines has been awful. I had status on US air. With the merger, I still have status, the benefits have been greatly reduced. On more than one occasion the gate attendants and flight attendants have been rude. I like nothing about American Airlines. I wish that it was still US Air.

Michael Seigworth Morrisville, PA

booked 2 rt. told the agent at checkin my gf wouldnt be flying down with me. when we went to checkin for the return flight found out after talking to 4 people that they cancelled her ticket since she didnt fly the first part of the trip and would have to pay $400 for a one way ticket for her. so it was either do that or leave her there. manage said nothing they could do. they couldnt seat us together but said check at the gate, where that agent got us seats together right away. have contacted the airline twice.

Marlene Pearson Beverly, MA

I had booked a round trip on a international flight. I didn't reach my destination and their left me on a different one. Had to pay out of my pocket to get on another airplane. On my return, I got a call saying if I wanted to fly the next day, I was going to board in the plane and stay there for ten hours at the airport then fly for another fourteen hours until reach my destination. Are you out of your mind?... I don't think I will be flying any time sooner with AA....I am very disappointed and I have no reasons to go through that never again.

Alcira Del cid Kenner, LA

I like American Airlines I have one problem a few years ago I was Sick i was not able to take my fly to Guatemala and I lost my ticket.

Stefano Burleson, TX

Proffered another flight at check-in that would get me home 3 1/2 hours earlier .... paid the $75, but due to delays, flight arrived only 10 minutes before my originally scheduled flight .... not willing to offer refund (my choice, they said ... but they offered at check-in) ... left us sitting on plane for 2 hours because of delay .... gave wrong luggage carousel information when we finally landed, adding another 30 minutes before correct information came up on luggage destination board

Yong Choi Plano, TX

US Airways operated by American Airlines on June 12, 2015, delayed more than one hour becauase of technical problems. I couldn't get the plane going to Buffalo on the DC. Thus I had to take another plane bound to Buffalo through Boston about two hours later. As a result I missed the Annual Korean ROTC NA Conference held in Niagara Falls from 5 pm on that day. I arrived at the hotel in Niagara around 12:10 am on the next day. I couldn't eat dinner also.

Renee Columbus, OH

Any airline in the USA that advertises themselves as a full-service carrier does not deserve a rating above a 5, because none are full service. At least Southwest and others admit they are discount carriers. American charges for food and luggage on domestic flights, which creates chaos before takeoff, and people end up getting their bags checked anyway. So, they get a 3.

Sallie Sanders Baton Rouge, LA

my experience with American Airlines has been consistently terrible. The worse was was at O'Hare in Chicago. I was supposed to be on the flight to New Orleans and was pleasantly surprised at the small number of people waiting to board. The plane was at the gate. The announcement was made that the flight was cancelled! The backed the plane out and we were left to try and find another flight! no assistance, no explanation, no help! I don't always have an alternative airline out of New Orleans but I ALWAYS try to fly anybody but American

Ricardo Bronx, NY

I would have given a higher score if AA did not start this price surge and new image thing. Dont get me wrong, I do like the new logo. However, they did not just became a luxury airline. Their airfare has gone up 50% as compared to 2 years ago. Those are the same aircrafts and the same service.

Juan Penso FL

The saga continues. Today I requested an upgrade as I was traveling from LAX to MIA at 7:35am. I was 2nd in the upgrade list, the first person was upgraded and as i boarded there were two seats available and they moved a passenger that wasn't even in the list - they called her name out loud - and a second passenger as well, not me, the next in line, here is the kicker, they did took away the three upgrade bonuses needed for the upgrade! American sucks!