American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.7

Erika Shumway Managua, MN

American Airlines is a great airline! I flew with them less than a month ago, and everything ran smoothly. The flights were all on time and stress free. I did have a 7 hour layover through them which wasn’t the best, but other than that everything was great.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

I actually love American Airlines. I have flown American Airlines a ton in this past year. Landed on time, take off on time, and great customer service. Also I flew from SLC to PHX for 100 bucks with purchasing the ticket with only 3 days in advance.

Cam McClellan Draper, UT

We were switched to an American Airlines flight from a different airline that cancelled our booked flight. They were very helpful in getting us switched and helping us locate our bags for our family vacation. I appreciated the gate crew member's kindness.

Claudina Moreau Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had to take a plane from Fort Lauderdale to Tallahassee and it went well. They allowed me to rebook my flight multiple times due to storm issues and I had a smooth ride back to my destinations.

BJ Tenney Woods Cross, UT

I flew from the US to Italy on AA and had a great experience. I enjoyed being able to watch movies for free and their free internet was perfect for the long flight. Seats are what you would expect as is the food.

Connor Farmington, UT

American Airlines doesn't seem to be available for most of my flights. I've flown them once before and it was a neutral experience. They'll get you where you want to go safely. I do think they had phone chargers though which is appreciated.

Steve Midway, UT

I haven't had anything stand out to me with American Airlines. They aren't bad, but they don't do anything exceptionally well. You get to your destination and everything along the way is kind of what you'd expect. Not my airline of choice, but not many options out of my local airport so that could be half the reason.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I flew American for my honeymoon in 2018 and the flight was seamless. My husband and I were extremely comfortable in our seats, and we were extremely happy with the menu options available for us during the flight.

Shelly Riverton, UT

I will never fly American again. Last Christmas we took our family on a trip. With kids , getting to the airport is never easy. To top it off, there was an accident on the freeway, our truck got a flat, so we had to get an alternate ride to the airport. We arrived 1 min past the cut off time to check our bags. Normally it wouldn’t be a big deal, but we had golf clubs that we couldn’t carry on. They refused to check our bags and forced us to wait at the airport 3 hours for the next flight. To say I was upset, frustrated, and appalled is an understatement. I talked to the manager and they wouldn’t budge. 1 minute people!!

Shauna Smith Austin, TX

Just flew American/British Air to London direct from Austin. Flight staff was extremely personable and accommodating. Saftey instructions were informative and humorous. Quick baggage pick up. Excellent experience.

Dana Temecula, CA

As airlines go, American is fine. I can often find inexpensive flights and, unlike some other airlines, there are more direct flights. My complaint is having to pay for checked baggage. I think I should be able to bring luggage on a flight without paying for it.

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

We have been impressed with the flights we’ve taken on American Airlines. The flight attendants have taken good care of us and been patient as I’ve need help to my seat or to get to the next place.

Chloe Adams Morgan, UT

American Airlines seriously needs a system update. On my last flight to the Dominican Republic it was clear the aircraft was old. We were on the ground an hour longer because of technical issues, the seats were dirty and falling apart, and several members of my party had luggage lost. Overall I was not very impressed. Customer service was of little to no help. While delta has there opening training on a screen and a tv on every flight American Airlines isn’t nearly on the same standard. No tv. No WiFi. Disgusting seats.

Ben Crisp Temecula, CA

Booking with AA is usually very smooth and easy. I’ve never really had much of a problem. The prices are good and the staff are always kind and helpful. The baggage limits and fee are pretty restricting but AA is a great company to fly with.

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

I like American Airlines and I’ve never had a bad experience on one of their flights. The seats aren’t the most comfortable, but I loved the flight attendants and employees—they were very kind and made flying a great and easy experience

Valerie Shull Gilbert, AZ

American Airlines is the best airlines company ever in the world. On god I will only fly with American Airlines ever in my life. They are kind and caring and compassionate. I love them I love them I love them

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

Wasn’t a bad airline to fly with. First take off we were board for an hour due to different mechanical issues trying to launch. Always slow to depart and then always was worried about if I was going to make it to my next connection. Also had no checked bags free. Every single one cost which was hard especially when flying to destination on all American Airlines and when I fly home will also be American Airlines! For what I paid for flights I feel like there should be at least one checked bag included. The flight attendants were nice and were good to help.

susie Kaysville, UT

american airlines are pretty nice too i’ve flown with them a lot also. the planes are pretty nice too. when my family wants cheaper and pretty nice flights we use american airlines as our best option.

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

I flew to Hawaii on American Airlines and we had some complications with our return flight getting me home in time. The airline did some searching and found me a new flight and even put me in first class. Customer service was great!

Michael Seth Manwaring Chandler, AZ

The people at American Airlines who interface with customers are top notch. Every experience I've had flying American was great. And their network is so wide I rarely need to fly another airline.

Alexandra Chavez-Earls Chandler, AZ

I fly American every single time and have never had any baggage problems! When ever there is an issue with seating or something else they always try their best to fix it. Great Airline!

Mickie Johnson Ogden, UT

I make a trip once a year to Texas and American seems to be the one to take. It does take care of its passengers and helps when needed. This is the first trip I have taken with them and they seem to do a good job.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

While I don't frequently choose American, when I have used them I have never had an issue. Flight staff as well as the gate agents are nice and available to help if needed. I don't remember ever having any significant delays and the flights were always smooth from boarding to landing.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

the times we have flown American it has been a pleasant experience. the flight staff was nice and the aircraft was clean. the airfare was a good price and the boarding process went smoothly and fast enough to be able to leave at our scheduled time

Shauna Craig Pleasant Grove, UT

We used American Airlines for our honeymoon trip to Bermuda so it's one of our favorite airlines. The captain wished us a good honeymoon. The flights left relatively timely and the airline served good food compared to other airlines. We made our connection without any problem. The flight attendants were polite and professional.

Melissa Carreno Mesa, AZ

American Airlines is one of my favorite airlines to fly. They are clean and friendly, I wish we could carry more cargo with us on the flight, but it's manageable. They have some great deals from time to time!

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

Used to used American Airlines every time i fly to Mexico but have stop using after i was late for about 10 minutes to check in and didn't allow us to check after many years not having any problems with it. They told us we had to wait to see if they have a flight available for us the next day or we could fly to the boarder and walk in to the united states. Terrible service and now a lot cheaper flights with competitive airlines now.

Gianna Valente Gilbert, AZ

On a trip to see family over Thanksgiving, I was booked for a 5:30 am flight to Charlotte, North Carolina. We got to the airport early-at around 4:00- and saw that the American Airlines ticketing and baggage check was not open but other airlines were. American Airlines opened at 5 and the line was already busy which made waiting in line and waiting in security and going to my gate to get on the flight a close call.

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

American Airlines has a wide variety of flight times to choose from. I like that they provide basics for free still, like in flight drinks. They aren't the cheapest option, but they provide good service.

Cody Linden Lehi, UT

Flew to Mexico from Salt Lake City, the flight was pleasant, staff was nice, and it left on time. Throughout our flight we were brought drinks and snacks. For such a long flight it was nice to have those amenities. I didn't watch any movies or shows on the flight (didn't want to pay for it) but instead just listened to my own music.

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

Friendly staff. Seating is within reason and the foodservice and drinks are an asset. Accompanied by helpful staff.

Amigaelle Cadet Miami, FL

I like that it flys to all the places that I like to go, however, some of the customer service representatives are rude and not helpful.

Sav Arias Phoenix, AZ

I was kicked off the flight for being racially profiled. I was quiet, compliant, and polite boarding the flight but was targeted bc I made a snap chat video taking off. I was kicked off the plane by 3 white employees. As a Mexican American woman I was so embarrassed and will NEVER fly American again. Even if it cost me extra money or time for a lay over. I’d rather drive 18 hours than EVER fly American Air again!!!!!!!

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Good airline and they make it a lot easier to travel with your pet than other airlines. They make the process much easier and you can count on good service.

Gina Miami, FL

I have the credit card and it’s convenient because I’m able to earn miles. American has been good in resolving any issues. Highly recommend

Mirna Hanna Tallahassee, FL

The trip was okay but they changed one of the connections and that caused a lot of anxiety especially because they rescheduled me for an earlier flight. The issue was fixed at the counter.

Kinord C Westville, FL

I have traveled with American Airlines to New York and back to Florida and my flight experience was smooth and the staff were great

charmaine

poor the aircraft was not clean at all. Recommending this airline is not an option it's if individuals going to a particular destination which the fare maybe what they are looking for, the service really is deplorable but then now a days people don't know how to be hospitable.

Heidi

We had a delayed flight due to weather when we got to our connector at 11:30 pm we were told our connecting flight had been cancelled and American Airlines could not get us home until Tuesday and we would have to catch another connecting flight in Chicago. All hotels in the area was booked for the night and American Airlines offered us nothing. I got on Southwest the next morning direct flight back to Michigan. I won't fly American Airlines any longer. Funny though our luggage made it back to Michigan the night we were supposed to.

Thomas DeLuca

Almost everything wrong that could be . Maintenance problems - and while in the plane , waiting to take off , not knowing when it will . People wanted to get off the plane until it's fixed . And the company said , if you got off , the plane would not let people back on .

Clark West Sacramento, CA

AMAZING loved the overall vibe. The staff was great and the service was really good too, loved the ear phones and the overall comfort of the flight.

VICTOR S MERCED Dallas, TX

Great experience, awesome customer service, a lot options on flies. Price can be lower but in general was a great experience

Beverly Ahrens

I was in need of wheelchair assistance at both ends of my flight. They were very handicap accessible, and helpful with my needs both at the airport, and on board.

Maggie McKiernan Tucson, AZ

Lousy. I got stuck in Houston for 3 days. the company could've cared less about me and all the other passengers flying to Mexico. Unfortunately, I have been unable to avoid flying AA a few times since, but if there is another airline I can afford going my way, I always try NOT to fly American. I did complain to the company, but heard nothing in reply.n. t

Tiffany I Washington, DC

Decent prices. The flights and service are always great. When searching for flights, their tickets are always competitive.

Walker Cleveland, TN

On Sunday, the flight booked from Philadelphia to Chattanooga was delayed for just shy of 6 hours due to "mechanical malfunctions" with the plane. Could another plane not be dispatched? Even worse, when I asked for assistance or updates - my questions were met with an attitude that certainly did not say "we are concerned about our customers." In fact, it seemed like I was bothering the agent on hand. Updates were sparse, Customer Service was non-existant. Because of this, my family and I will never willingly fly American Airlines again.

Denis Edmonds, WA

Worst airline possible. I bought a round trip. I few to Phoenix. When I went to return home I was shocked to find out that my ticket was cancelled by them for no reason with no warnings. AA is not worth the low price and you can not even talk to there Customerservice. Keya the supervisor would not give her employee number and was nothing but very very rude. If I could give negative stars I would.

C Oursland Phoenix, AZ

Dont fly American Airlines. I used them for the 1st time in over 20 years, and they are the most unreliable and inconsiderate when it comes to schedules. Compared to other Airlines, they had the most schedule changes, the most drastic with up to 2 hours, only airline to ruin plans with family I was visiting, and they did nothing to make up for it.

Callinda

Clean environment. The employees are personable and accommodating which makes for a comfortable flight with peace of mind.

Nicole Maiello Wayne, NJ

Absolute worst airline. It has been 3 days since they lost my bag. No one can tell me where it is. Yet they claim it's delayed not lost and gave me a lecture about packing a carry on. Total "not my problem" attitude. Uncaring. And the rep hung up on me so I could not leave her a negative review. American does not care about their customers or their baggage. Absolute incompetence and rudeness.