American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.7

Jami Myers Victor, ID

Its stressfull enough flying with a toddler. The flight attendant on our flight was very kind. Half way through the flight she gave us a small piece of tape to entertain my child. Sounds wierd, but it worked!! She loved trying to get the tape off the seat, armrest, and window.

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

I've only had a few experiences flying with American Airlines, but they were good ones. The staff was friendly, the plane was clean, we always arrived ahead of schedule and prices were among the lowest in my search. My only complaint across the board with these AA flights was the lack of legroom - no one was comfortable on these flights.

Cheryl Lambdin Leesburg, VA

I absolutely love American Airlines. When I have had to use the customer service, they are so polite that I feel like I am in the south getting southern hospitality on every call.

Isaac Obeng

The flight attendants goes above and beyond to let my flight be enjoyable and stress free. I greatly appreciate thier time and effort into making me and everyone on our flight have a great flight.

Roy Evans Lynchburg, VA

I was supposed to leave my home town at 7 AM, only to find that me flight was delayed twice and then cancelled. I was taken by taxi to an airport 115 miles away, where that flight was delayed 2 hours, plus they were telling me that I would have to say in Dallas for a full day, because they did not have another flight leaving for Anchorage. My trip planner found a flight on the AA website with a layover of 1 1/2 hour delay. The AA people could not find it on their own website. Then, on top of that, they did not forward my luggage on to Anchorage. It stayed in Dallas until the next evening.

Grace Richardson, TX

I have flown American for years. Every summer I go to Costa Rica and it is (was) my favorite airline.. However, it seems that in the past years they are charging more and more for less service.. This summer I paid double for the trip, and even when I try to change seats , there was a charge of $40 and $50! . Makes me wonder if I'll continue using their services.

Newton Owi Tampa, FL

Quality of service at AA is uneven and depends on flight or airport. And on the mood of the attendant or customer service rep. They need a company wide drive on customer service. They also need to be like their major competitor, Delta, and quit taking advantage of the exception to the DOT rule that allows customers to get a full refund if they cancel within 24 hours of booking. With AA, you are out of luck if your flight takes off in less than 7 days from time of booking; the DOT rules allow that. Delta has a no risk guarantee that provides for a full refund within 24 hrs or flt departure time, whichever is shorter

Donald Berryman Anaheim, CA

Flew to Boston from LAX for a visit with grand daughter and her new baby. We took our 7 year old great grandson age seven with us for his first air plane trip. Our seats were in the very back of the plane so I paid over $100. to upgrade to better seats more in the front of the plane. We fly handicap as I need a wheelchair. The plane was an older 737 airplane that has seen better days. Paid for window seats and when we got on the plane there was no window for our 7 year old to see out. I feel if you are going to pay for better seats you should be told it is not a window seat that has a window. Buyer beware.

Billy E Saint Louis, MO

I am a very frequent traveler on AA and I must tell you that I have seen the service and attitude go from ok to arrogant to blasé again. The merger has reduced service to a level that should be an embarrassment to the executives. The flight attendants act like "You owe them" something. I get treated like a 'run of the mill' passenger yet they 'tell' me I am one of their most valued flyers. Really sad....

Jerry Wagoner Albuquerque, NM

I flew to Hong Kong and Japan via DFW In April, 2015. I was delayed one day by weather, but was easily able to change my itinerary. Superb flights with excellent food, service and comfort. I flew a few legs of my trip on JAL, and they were quite comparable. No complaints!

D Alcorn Bloomington, IN

Myrtle Beach, after knowing our flight was delayed a alert gate agent moved us to the next flight witch departed before our delayed flight allowing us to make the next connection and get home on time. Thank you US Air ground crew. He did save our day with just a little common sense.

Ivan Pinto Houston, TX

I made some reasonable flights with AA, their mileage program is good and functions, although expensive to add miles. Already used all my miles to book a complete flying from Peoria, IL to Miami and back, and paying hotel, rental car and flight with miles. Then I moved to Houston, and when I want to go to Miami to see my brother and his family I go by car ... Domestic flights are usually well served. Last time I flew internationally with them was to São Paulo, Brazil. No complaints.

Mitch Marina Del Rey, CA

AA is the best. I have nearly 5,000,000 lifetime miles. Flying isn't what it used to be and I have had bad experiences on a number of airlines. For the most part AA provides better than a satisfactory experience from top to bottom.

Gianni Portland, OR

I always travel using American Airlines. I travel every 3 or 4 years to Sao Paulo, Brazil. American Airlines is my favorite. Also I visited my friend frequently in Dallas Texas. Keep up with good work.

Rex Wilkinson Coral Gables, FL

I've always felt that the employees do the best they can under the circumstances. Too many passengers blame the company for bad weather or other conditions out of their control. We get where we want to go and its still relatively a bargain. The new 777-300 airplane was beautiful.

Jeff Binghamton, NY

Had a grudge with AA since 2003. We were on a cruise. My mother had a heart attack and had to be taken off in Belize. We had insurance so paying the 100 dollars per person to adjust or reservation to get home wasn't a big deal. But, With the new reservation the insurance company and AA assured me there would be a wheel chair waiting for her with a rep to help us through the customs business. There was a wheel chair there at the door. Another person jumped in and was off. They were sorry they couldn't get another wheel chair for her. So she had to walk, very slowly to get to the end where customs was. I was furious, livid and madder then you can imagine. Come to find out, that wheelchair was meant for my mother after all..the other person didn't order one but took it. AA was totally aware of our reason for traveling that day. The insurance company apologized, but wasn't their fault. Fast forward to this coming Oct. I will be going to England and used a discounting site to get a good airfare, times were great.. Its AA. AA you got this one last chance to impress me..or I will pay more and go United or Virgin for my trip to Barcelona next year.

Hershel Strickland San Antonio, TX

I have never been disappointed with anything about American Airlines. It is always my first choice when I fly. I've always had good service on the ground and in the air. Flying American is always a pleasant experience.

Jaiden Barney Seattle, WA

I travel with American Airlines and have a mileage credit card with them now. It has been a positive experience. They have the quickest and most knowledgeable customer service I’ve ever worked with. They have great benefits as well.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

A few weeks before traveling we got a Phone call from American Airlines saying that they needed to change our flights. They were professional and offered to give each person flying $500 to make up for the change. We appreciated them letting us know and for quickly booking another flight where we didn't have to lose very much time on our vacation.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We flew with American Airlines in connection with British Airways last April. I was impressed with how well it went. We don't fly very often, but I felt that it was clear when we should board and the crew was friendly and helpful. I would fly with American Airlines again.

Syl North Port, FL

The best of American Airlines is that you can book a flight to differences states than the others airlines. So far I have been lucky when I traveled with American. The service has been good and the employees have been very friendly.

Anne Tallahassee, FL

Although it is a little expensive, it was worth the money. The seats on my flight were spacious and they provided snacks and drinks to us flyers. There were movies provided on the flight and wireless internet, which was very nice.

Audrey Mitchell Managua, MN

A recent flight to Hawaii was amazing with American Airlines. There was a problem with WiFi during the flight, but they were very generous and reimbursed each customer with 100 dollar gift card. The service is great and everyone is friendly.

Reckholdt Magna, UT

After a nightmare of an experience flying with another airline, American Airlines came to the rescue and it was a day and night difference. It was such a breath of fresh air to have better service, better quality, and an overall way better experience.

Kelsey Rosier Tallahassee, FL

One of my favorite airline services. I have been riding with them since a kid and I have never had terrible service with them, especially when it came to my luggage. I always got everything back and nothing ever ended up going missing.

Larson Riverton, UT

The flight attendants were very kind. If you needed anything they were right there to help you. When we were descending, my ears hurt a lot they were asking what they could do to help me they were so nice. The seats were comfortable. I recommend flying with American Airlines.

Patricia Menendez Miami, FL

American Airlines is an excellent airline which provides impeccable hospitality. I have flown with them for most of my flight and whenever a problem arises they are quick, understanding and effective in finding a solution for you. Definitely recommend them and also apply for their AAdvantage membership and card to get miles...it's worth it.

Katherine Whyte Miami, FL

Whenever I plan a trip my first choice for an airline is always American Airlines, no matter the situation I always encounter extremly helpful and informed employess that provide me with all necessary information and ensure that I have a safe trip.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I like American Airlines, because they are a little classier than other airlines. They have more space, and being 6'10" I fit better on their planes. They have great customer service and I like to feel special instead of just another number in a heard of people.

Miles Strother American Fork, UT

American Airlines is good, but sometimes the extra fees can add up. I've had several flights where I didn't get the option to get a free seat, so I had to pay extra on top of my original ticket in order to get a seat. Leg room is usually pretty poor (but I am 6'8", so leg room is tough to come by) and only a few flights have movies provided, but all in all American Airlines is pretty reliable, which I think is the most important part of an airline.

Krystal Taylor Pleasant Grove, UT

The thing that impressed me the most about my flight with American Airlines was how frequently the flight attendant who spoke over the intercom was able to make me laugh. The jokes were coming left and right, and it was just simple things like play on words. Such as when we landed in Las Vegas, he said, "Welcome to the city of Lost Wages"

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

I’ve flown on American Airlines a number of different times and have always been impressed with the airline. I’ve never had an issue with being on time or the flight being delayed. The stewardesses have been nice and helpful and the plane has always been clean and well-maintained. I would recommend American Airlines to anybody.

Jessica Bjorling Eldridge, IA

I am actually surprised how much I like American Airlines! They have lower prices yet they have great customer service, free carry ons (while a lot of airlines don’t now), and I don’t think I have ever had a flight majorly delayed or cancelled.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I flew American Airlines when I traveled to New York many years ago. The planes were small but the customer service was great. The flight attendants did a wonderful job and I felt fairly comfortable during the flight. I am not a very tall person so space is not usually an issue for me. If you are tall, it may not be the best option, but it is a great value for your money.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

American Airlines never disappoints me in their service and quality. They are on time and have great seating that is comfortable. I know that I won't be charged for every little thing, but that it is included in the price and expected. They are especially great on longer flights and international flights.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Flying American Airlines usually isn't my first choice of an airline. It's not bad, its just ok. The staff isn't over friendly, and I feel like I'm always delayed with mechanical problems. I get where I am going and my bags arrive usually pretty quick at the claim area. Their point system is pretty good, but I just don't fly with them enough to really see the benefit. I wish they would offer better deals out of Salt Lake City.

August Moulton Lehi, UT

I flew American on a 12 hour flight to Europe in economy. I couldn’t have been happier with my experience. The seats were comfortable and had usb power charging stations. I was impressed with the inflight entertainment options and the food offered. I had a great experience and would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Kymberlee Yack Orem, UT

i started booking through american airlines a couple years ago and let me just say i don't regret it! one of the best decisions i made was switching. they have more flight options, better pricing, and better food on the plane which is a big plus for me

Dee Farquharson Washington, DC

Flight wasn't bad. Staff was very friendly. I was able to upgrade my seating at the gate at the last minute. Suprisingly, the amount to upgrade was very affordable! Also, I liked how they sent clear digital receipts. Even though they are sent in HTML, it still was nice clean interface. Would definitely fly with them again

Hadley American Fork, UT

I really enjoyed American Airlines. They had great customer service, and had a good system of getting on and off the plane. They were very organized, and tried to make flying the best experience possible. It was a smooth landing, with very little bumps. Love that they give complementary snacks and soda!

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

American Airlines has the best customer service. When a family member of mine past away they worked with me to get an earlier flight while making sure i get to use my miles. Made it a lot easier for me to be with my family and not have to stress. Thank you American Airlines!!!

Kate Gregson Gilbert, AZ

I flew with American Airlines to Israel and although the flight was long and involved a layover in New Jersey, the whole experience was enjoyable and stress free. I would highly recommend this airline for both domestic and international flights.

Justin Knorr American Fork, UT

Occasionally we have had problems with American Airlines running late, but usually they run on time. The planes we fly on often seem older than other airlines, they often have no snacks, and no TV's on flights to the Caribbean, which can be a long flight. The fact that they run on time though makes them a higher choice for us when choosing airlines.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

American is a good option for flights, especially when they have some of their good sales. I don’t love that I always have to do connecting flights with them, but the hassle is worth getting the good deals. I also wish they included at least one piece of luggage in their pricing. It’s not very convenient to follow all their different luggage rules - especially on their economy fares. Flight attendants and gate agents have always been pleasant.

jenny Gilbert, AZ

We had great customer service on a recent American Airlines flight. My husband is tall and on our first flight,​ his knees were touching the seat in front of him. We mentioned it to the agent when we checked in for the returning flight and she was able to adjust our seats so that he had more leg room.

wanda Saint George, UT

great experience. flights were on time with no problems. our check in experience was simple, i like that there was room for my carry on up top. i had plenty of leg room. the workers were so friendly and the announcer explaining rules of the plane and showing emergency exits was funny and not boring.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

When my husband and I wanted to get away, we chose to fly on American Airlines because they had the best selection of flights for a reasonable price. I also love being able to pick my seat and not have to worry about if my husband and I will be able to sit together.

Larry Hawker Las Vegas, NV

I recently flew to Dallas from Las Vegas. There was a sick young man on board that kept barfing. 8 time. Imagine. I felt bad for the flight attendants, but they were amazingly professional at taking care of the boy. Sometimes, it can be a thankless job, but I would like to say how much most off us business travelers appreciate the customer service!

Debra Sims Chicago, IL

I wish I could say some nice things about this airline but the 3 times I have flown with American Airlines their staff was not very pleasant the plane is very small and it's cramped so I would recommend people to upgrade I'm sorry American Airlines.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

I have used AA, but not too often as they don't have many flights out of PDX. They are always considered when I'm headed to one of their hubs but otherwise they are usually too many connections.