American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

5.6

Haley Baldwin

I’ve flown with American one time and I probably never will again. Everything is pricey and the staff is not very helpful. They lost one of my bags and they were terrible at helping me locate it and did not provide me with contact information to get updates on my bag. Once found, they did not tell me where it had been.

Brandon La'ie, HI

American Airlines has a friendly staff and pretty good deals on flights. Occasionally they have issues with flights but are very consistent in what they do

Holly Schafer Forest Grove, OR

I had a really bad experience with American Airlines. One of my connecting flights heading to Europe got canceled. They put me on another flight with almost 10 hours waiting at the airport for the flight. I missed a whole day in Europe. They then lost my bags. They claimed it wasn’t their fault that they didn’t pull my bags off their plane to be given to my new route. They didn’t do anything for me and wouldn’t help me. I went for 2 days without any clothes and they wouldn’t compensate me at all!!! I was patient and reasonable but they refused to take any responsibility.

Marissa Redwood Falls, MN

I will never fly American Airlines again. Every time I've flown them, I do so because they are slightly cheaper then other airlines, and EVERY time I regret the decision not to spend $40 more to fly on another airline. They always have delays, their planes are old and cramped, and they are extremely difficult to work with when flying with children. And they nicken and dime everything now. I really do not like this company.

Sarah Kaysville, UT

I just flew with American Airlines and I wasn’t super happy with the customer service. They ignored the lady next to me and got irritated with too many questions and didn’t include many snacks on a 7 hour plane ride.

Lauren Jorgensen Salt Lake City, UT

American Airlines was not a great experience. The flight was delayed both ways for mechanical issues of some sort. We sat in the plane on the runway for 30 min waiting for an an available gate when we landed. All in all it got me to and from my destination but I would rather pay a little more and have a stress free flight.

Annie Orr Provo, UT

I just used American Airlines to go on a trip and I was very impressed. The flight attendants were very kind and the whole "flying" process was great!

Savanna Caver Orem, UT

American Airlines is my favorite airline to fly with! They always have great customer service and so many options for flight times and destinations!

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I've had good and bad experiences with this airline. For one, they have nice quality things on the flights, it's super clean and comfortable, but also I feel like their staff isn't the friendliest.

Derek G Pleasant Grove, UT

Flying with American airlines has been my least favorite experience with any airline. They don't provide any food besides nuts and water, there seats are extremely close together, and the flight attendants seemed grumpy and un-approachable. The plus is that I got where I was going in a quick safe manor.

Lisa Hanson Calabasas, CA

Nice planes, nice 1st class. Nice availability of flights and partner companies. Nice flight crews. Fairly easy to use earned miles.

Deborah Hyde Springfield, MO

American Airlines has always come through for me in getting my luggage to the proper destination. It takes the worry out of my trips. Thanks American Airlines.

Sofie Rosenvall Alpine, UT

We have had a lot of connecting flights with American Airlines. I do remember one experience where our flights needed to be changed and they were not willing to work with me on getting the flight changed, my only option was keep the flight or loose the money that I had paid... I was disappointed in the customer service that was provided to me.

Shanna South Jordan, UT

When I flew American Airlines, the attendants were kind and helpful. We had a young child at the time and they helped so much with getting us seated.

Sepi Salt Lake City, UT

They are the best but workers lose their benefit now due to other person fault make us sad ! Should show only the hard working people mercy

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

I’ve always had good experiences with American Airlines – the employees are nice and helpful especially when traveling with little kids

Martha Sensiba Pinetop-Lakeside, AZ

We just returned from a Mediterranean Cruise. We flew to Barcelona and from Rome on American. Both flights were on time and the service was great.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have enjoyed my flights with American Airlines. Their customer service was very helpful in rescheduling a flight that I needed to make to catch an earlier flight.

Nathan Layton, UT

It was a decent flight, the only problem was there seemed to be a lot of delays whenever we travel with American Airlines, but other than that it was good.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I've flown AA many times. The planes seem a bit old and dirty but we have arrived at our destination.

Emmalie Norwalk, CA

I am a fan of American Airlines, they have always treated me with respect as an customer and I enjoy flying with them!

Corey Smith Tallahassee, FL

I love the flight attendants of American Airlines. Their energy is amazing and made my flight enjoyable.

Eric Gagnard Dallas, TX

Very nice planes, Friendly staff, good seats and nice amounts of room. Good company

Annie Chow Tallahassee, FL

Pretty reliable, and always dependable. Nothing too memorable about it though. Staff is always considerate.

Anita pea Slidell, LA

American airlines had awesome customer service and an all out relaxing environment.

Joseph rex Herriman, UT

Seem like every time I try and fly American we are late or The flights have issues. And they don’t fly very many places from Salt lake.

Christian Queen Creek, AZ

Mostly on time, but economy is crammed like cattle and very rigid seats. Business and First class is very comfortable.

Jim DeSoto, TX

Overcharging when they can. I was charge 748.00 for a flight from Houston to Dallas because I made the reservations the day before

David

Terrible customer service, etc. They admitted to all of their mistakes, more than 10, which cost me more than $1000 extra dollars. They offered me 300 miles. They are on my no fly list!

Anonymous Decatur, GA

Was easy to book flight in advance and was able to choose seat where I wanted to sit on the plane.

Cara McAffee Cedar City, UT

I never have been on American plane that has those TVs. My seat always seem to be dirty and left just how the passenger before me left it.

Gail Dover

I have always had extremely good experiences with American, domestic or overseas.

Francis fox

Poor, but that is not entirely fair, they all are poor that's coming from someone that has flown them all logging over 2 million miles

Tiffany Nguyen Ashburn, VA

I am very appreciative about the service that the airline provided; however, it is quite crowded and some of the flight attendants were very lazy and had attitudes.

Christina Whelan Norcross, GA

i enjoyed the pretzels provided to me on the plane. also, the soda was refreshing. the windows could have been cleaner.

Wilinda Sylvestre Tallahassee, FL

I love American Airlines! Whenever I fly, I always fly with them! They make flying so comfortable.

janet bull Flat Rock, NC

I called to try to get an upgrade on an international flight and the receptionist made me change a connecting flight on Iberia. I asked her not to do this and she refused and did it anyway.

Lenny

Even during the government shutdown we flew from LAX to PHL and back with excellent service.

Jon Fort Worth, TX

They have improved over the past years. They were great under Crandall, then went to hell. Now they are climbing back

t eli North Hollywood, CA

They are about as good as other airlines. They do take very good car of their Handicapped passengers.

Timothy Hinchliff

Terrible. Flying on any airline is something I dread, primarily because it takes too long and I do not like being crammed into a small, uncomfortable space for such a long time.

Kenny Davis Lansing, MI

Good service, polite staff, notification process was great when my gate was changed after I arrived at the airport.

Victoria Matthews Waller Kingsville, OH

Cost, the attention and help of the flight attendents, cleanliness, and the food was platable

Sheila Smith Glendale, AZ

I'm a long time traveler with AA...am at least Gold for life so enjoy those benefits.

R San Diego, CA

FF program is screwed up. They have made gold card members board by numbers. Time to find another airline after 35 years with AAL

Michelle Palestine, TX

they changed my loading gate and never notified me, had to run all the way to other side of airport just barely made my flight.

MARK STIMAC Concord, NC

Professional service and on time arrival and departure, very helpful when on business

Karl Schneidet Upland, CA

Lack of decent customer service. Boarding procedures are ridiculous. 9 groups, Priority line and Regular line ending up in the same place. Planes are dirty

Dani Lane Wyoming, MI

Although our seating was changed on both flights, the seats we were given were a bit better.

Christopher Rodriguez

Every flight I have been on has always been on time or early and service has been great