American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Is This Your Business?

7.2

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2021

American Airlines is a major airline that just underwent Chapter 11 reorganization. It merged with US Airways to form one of the largest airline companies ever.

The carrier offers 273 destinations in the US, North America, the Caribbean, Europe, South America, and Asia. Its extensive network uses five hubs: Dallas/Fort Worth, JFK in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Chicago O'Hare. Most of its planes are serviced at Tulsa International Airport.

The airline belongs to the Oneworld airline alliance, working to coordinate services with British Airways, Finnair, Japan Airlines, and others. American Airlines also contracts out its regional air services to Envoy Air, SkyWest, and others. ExpressJet operates its American Eagle carrier brand.

When it merged with US Airways, the result was the largest airline in the world. The merger was a good move for these companies, as it helped revitalize a company that had been hampered in recent years with financial issues.

View Best Airlines

Delta Airlines Logo
#2 Delta Airlines chevron_right
JetBlue Logo
#3 JetBlue chevron_right

The Good

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Fleet Upgrades
  • On-Time Percentage

In-Flight Entertainment

There are many positive things about flying with American Airlines, but our first stop is entertainment. The airline does a pretty good job in terms of in-flight entertainment. On the planes that are fitted with seatback TVs, it is possible to get on-demand entertainment. Planes without this feature allow passengers to check out on-demand tablets for in-flight entertainment needs. If you are looking to be entertained on one of their flights, you will find the following options:

• 250 movies on international flights and 150 movies on domestic flights
  • Up to 180 TV shows
  • 350 audio sections
  • 18 American Airlines Radio channels
  • Up to 20 games to play

You can also bring your own device to stream the items above, including laptops, an iPad, the Galaxy Tab, or any device that runs iOS or Android OS 3.2

Fleet Upgrades

There is a lot to like about the fact that American Airlines is continuously upgrading its fleet. Every week, American Airlines gets at least one new plane. These include Boeing 777-300ERs, Airbus 321s, and Airbus 319s. The old fleet of Boeing 767-300s, and Boeing 777-200s are continuously being upgraded to include lie-flat business class seats and other seating options. The Airbus planes should provide more comfortable seating options for flyers, especially in terms of bigger and better seats.

On-Time Percentage

According to Flightstats.com, their flights have arrived on-time roughly 82% of the time.

The Bad

• Baggage Liability
  • E-Vouchers and Refunds
  • Entertainment Availability

Baggage Liability

There are a few issues that can become a part of your travels when using American Airlines. When we called in, we had questions about "upping" the liability on your checked baggage. Delta lets you up your baggage liability to $5000, but American Airlines seems to avoid doing this.

E-Vouchers and Refunds

Some customers have had problems with American Airlines and their e-vouchers for various types of refunds. On an issued ticket, you cannot apply a voucher to get a refund. If you have no more planned trips for the year, the e-voucher is going to be somewhat useless if you don't use it by its expiration date. One customer also paid for a seat upgrade, but when they got to the plane, they still found their old seats. The customer found out that they would need to pay more to upgrade their seats again.

Entertainment Availability

One potential issue with the in-flight entertainment options are the planes in which they are available. When researching the AA fleet on their website, the best options for in-flight entertainment are on Boeing planes. Airbus planes have not been upgraded to the fullest extent as have Boeing planes up to this point. If a customer gets on an Airbus, they may have difficulties getting tablets, overhead video, or streaming video. Older Boeing planes are also sometimes lacking similar features for clients as well.

The Bottom Line

We recommend American Airlines because of its top of the line in-flight entertainment, diverse destinations, and volume of daily flights. Because of the company's longstanding history and its recent merger with US Airways and its added resources, we feel confident in recommending them as an airline at this time.

View Best Airlines

3.3

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

American Airlines is one of the safest and most secure airlines I have used. They offer affordable prices and are very clean. They also have great customer service compared to their competitors.

Lynn Edwards Phoenix, AZ

They get a 2 because we did arrive without crashing. They changed our reservation three times. The last version gave us a 40 minute plane change that was a 20 minute run between terminals. The first flight was late but even though we made the gate panting before our connection left, They did not let us board. We caught a later flight stand-by after an expensive time delay to sit apart in two middle seats for a 5 hour flight to Phoenix. The staff could have cared less and in my book they are zero in customer service. It makes me sad because Doug P started with America West in Phoenix and we loved that airline.

Kevin Walters Tucson, AZ

I had a flight schedule to see family in Illinois, and overnight prior to the flight, I received an email the flight was cancelled and rescheduled(for 2 days later). I called in and was advised a credit would be applied. I asked for a supervisor and demanded a refund, not a credit. I was advised this would be processed, and I would receive and email to document this. It has been 8 days. No email, and no refund on my credit card. I have sent 2 emails thru the AA website. I have received to automated responses, but nothing else. I have called in several times(huge wait times. Have spoken with 2 customer services reps, that show it is in process. I understand the airlines are having a hard go with many unspoken issues, but come on. As I said to all of the cust serv reps, this is not my fault. This is totally on American Airlines. They blame this on weather issues, but you read about their personnel issues, and the Southwest Airlines pilot walkout, as a consumer you really wonder. Anyway, I am done venting. If anyone from American Airlines sees this, please HELP!!!

Richard Cunningham Hamilton, HC

I've used AA for years and thoroughly recommend them! The rewards that the offer are fantastic and can quickly accumulate. Service is decent on board and if you have points you may get an upgrade. Websupport is pretty good but the phone centre is not great.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

My 85 year old mom joined us to go to from Florida to California last January. We have a new grandchild and we were going out for a week but were concerned about the flights. American had great direct flights at a very reasonable cost and schedule. Both airports were big and busy but we checked in at AA counter and they immediately got wheelchair assistance for Mom and escorted her to the gate. Red carpet service, she was able to board and exit early They treated her like a queen and made her as comfortable as can be. We were so impressed , we had time to settle on plane and felt welcome and respected, going and returning. The airports were very helpful as well but AA earned my loyalty. My husband and I just booked another flight for the fall.

David Kleiner Kent, WA

Today (October 23, 2021) we were headed back to Ohio, leaving from Maui. The morning of the flight they moved the time of the flight from 6:10pm to 8:50pm Maui time. We had to turn in our rental car at 5pm. When we got to the airport at 4:15 they wouldn't let us check our bags until 3 hours before loading time (loading time was 8:05pm so we had to wait in no air conditioning until 5:05pm to check our bags. Then we get through security and are sitting at the gate when they announce at 5:45pm that our flight 116 is canceled. So they told us over the intercoms to get our bags and go to the check-in counter. We go down to the carousel where the bags for our flight is suppossed to be and our bags are nowhere to be found. After waiting around the baggage carousel for 30 minutes we still see nothing. So we go to the check-in counter where there is a HUGE line. We waited in this line for 2 HOURS and in that time they have only helped 3 customers. I walk up and asked one of the customers what they were doing and they were handing out vouchers for food and hotel stays. It was taking on average 45 minutes per customer and we were about 30 people back in line so we booked a flight through Alaskan airlines and they got us back home on a Sunday, October 24th. This is the most unexceptable experience ive ever had with an airline. We were standing in no air conditioning for 4 hours in 85 degree weather, had to go through security twice, and not once did we even get a simple apology. I hope this company goes under so they can be forced to stop screwing over their customers. Will never fly with this company again and will vehemently campaign against this airline to anyone who will listen.

Mark Taylor Concord, NC

We were scheduled to fly from Hilton Head to Cleveland (connecting through CLT today, October 14th. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 2:38 arriving in Cleveland at 6:25. Our nightmare started when our flight from HHH to CLT was delayed 30 minutes, then 60 minutes, then 90 minutes….they never went past 90 minutes, but in fact we finally got an airplane and pushed back from the gate at about 4:00 OM, nearly 2 1/2 hours late. We were able to book a later flight to Cleveland leaving at 6:10, arriving at 7:40….not too bad. When we pushed back, the morons at the gate counted the passengers wrong, so we sat on the tarmac just outside the gate for 20 minutes while they tried to figure out where 2 extra passengers came from….total morons….clueless. That 20 minutes delay put us on the ground at 5:45. Then we started rolling to the gate…still had a chance, but there was a plane parked at our gate, so we sat for another 25 minutes on the tarmac at CLT. By the time we got to the gate, our second flight was gone. Now our only choice is to sit at the airport in masks for 6 hours waiting for a midnight flight, and there is no first class available, even though I paid for first class. Talking to customer service…nothing we can do, if we get you home within 24 hours of your scheduled arrival, we pay for nothing. And I am out the cost of the first class tickets. Sitting here right now. We will be lucky to be home by 1:45 AM and I have meetings at 8:30. And we were blessed with an $82 dinner of 2 crappy salads. American Airlines does not give a crap about their customers. In addition to losing 7 hours of my life and the crappy $82 dinner, I will have to pay a cab double because it will be after midnight. Avoid American Airlines at all costs. They suck beyond words and they DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

Matilda Vega Houston, TX

Horrible !!! They MAKE YOU miss your connecting flights due to “traffic on the runway!” Ultimately, it doesn’t matter how early you arrive at the airport if they don’t hold themselves accountable for their own time management!

Barry Antonelli Ellicott City, MD

10/25/21 - American Airline changed the aircraft at last minute. I get that and understand that things happen. That said, they bumped me from 1st class, shoved a voucher in my face and rudely cattle-called me on my way without any representative taking a minute to answering questions I had about another flight. It seamed as though they were going out of their way to treat me as a non-person, just another schmuck that was unlucky enough to entrust American with his travel needs. I am finished with American Airlines...Hello Delta!

Doug Foerch Libertyville, IL

This is our go to airline. They have prices that fluctuate from week to week. So you just have to wait until the prices drop.

Brian StOnge Brockton, MA

STAY AWAY!!!! Pay more money with another airline, it’s NOT worth it! I had $1900 out-of-pocket expenses American is refusing to reimburse me for. I have been a customer of American Airlines (AA) for many years; I hold a Premium AAdvantage Card (with over 110K points) and I also hold an Admiral's Club Card as well. On 8/14/21 I was on vacation with my family (wife and two children) returning home. (Note: Flight Attendants were very nice in-flight) It started off with the flight from Savannah to Charlotte. We were supposed to depart at 12:43pm, with a connecting flight to Boston at 3:02pm. The flight kept getting delayed (and terminals moved) and we did not take off until almost 2:45pm (Already missing connecting flight). On top of that, the aircraft had a poorly working ground Air Conditioner (87 degrees outside; did not work well in the air as well). We were then diverted to Willington NC due to a ‘pop-up’ storm. We sat on the tarmac for over 2 HOURS with no ground A/C. Finally, they moved us to a terminal; where we sat for another 3hrs. We then attempted to get a secondary flight home (since we missed our connecting flight) and we were given the “OPTION” of flying back to Boston 2 ½ days later, which would be the ‘earliest flight’ for four people. To make it home on-time for work, we booked with another airline (4 tickets). We finally took-off and got back to Charlotte at 10pm. American Airlines gave us no information when we landed, nor was there anyone to give us direction after landing so late. We rented a hotel room and paid for an uber to/from the hotel. (We also had to pay for additional day of parking and a day of kennel for my dog after finally making home). This mistake of American Airlines cost me in total $1,900.00 because of the original delay of flight (weather was fine up until our LATE landing point). I filed paperwork online with AA Customer Relations. I was THEN contacted by AA customer relations (after two weeks after putting in a ‘complaint’ and request for reimbursement) and they informed me that “Only the hotel would be reimbursed; we do not cover other ‘out-of-pocket’ expenses, since they offered me a flight home 2 ½ days later…SERIOUSLY??? I went as far as speaking to a Supervisor at AA who also reiterated the same information. Their new logo should be “AMERICAN AIRLINES, SOONER OR LATER WE’LL GET YOU SOMEWHERE...”

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Love flying with them, sometimes you can get the little wings pin which is super amusing.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

Traveling all over the states with American has been a pleasurable experience. I have always been able to get a flight with American that has met my needs. The staff has always been helpful and taken care of any issue that I have had quickly and efficiently.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I recently flew internationally with American Airlines and was impressed by the whole experience. The staff was very kind and helpful and the plane was very clean and comfortable. Definitely an enjoyable flight!

DealStar South Jordan, UT

American Airlines is the one you want when you have a distance to cover! They are perhaps the most professional, well-oiled airlines on the planet, and they cover an incredible area of the domestic and international travel market.

Makayla Holland Gaithersburg, MD

I give American Airlines a 5 star rating because the prices are decent. The flights and service are always great. When searching for flights, their tickets are always competitive. I trust to airlines to get me to my destination safety and like the process of there system.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

American Airlines used to be one of my favorite airlines. But after we flew home on them after a trip we took over Christmas, they aren't one of my favorite airlines anymore. I know that things have been crazy with COVID, but American Airlines would only serve beverages to people who were in first class. When we flew out on our trip for Christmas, we flew on United and they gave beverages to everyone. Also, on the larger plane, there were no headsets available, so we weren't able to watch the TV's at all. We couldn't even watch them without the sound. The American Eagle that we took from DWF to LBB was really weird. In first class, there was only 1 set of seats on one side of the plane and 2 on the other. In the main cabin, there were 2 seats on each side. So the floor was crooked to accommodate the weird shape of the plane and the strange seating. Also, the windows on that plane were messed up. They weren't where they normally are, making it easy for passengers to see out of the plane. They were in the middle of the backs of the seats. So we either had to look behind us to try to see a little outside or further in front of us to try to see a little. It was really weird and pointless!!!! The windows are there for passengers to be able to look out of them.

RR Gold Canyon, AZ

I have flown with American Airlines for many years and they have been a great company. The company has gone through many transitions and found a way to get better. I hope they do not make the seats smaller and put more seats on the plane while limiting the number of bathrooms. While I understand they need to make money, studies show the more you pack people in the more anxious and aggressive they can become. Tight quarters will increase the risk of problems for everyone. With infectious disease become more of an issue close quarters will add to the problem of safety. But, thank you to the airline. The people work hard and they take pride in what they do most of the time. None of us are perfect.

shamika Washington, DC

On my birthday 7-27, it was my first time flying ever. I flew out or Raegan to MIA using American Airlines. The flight attendants were respectful. It was a peaceful ride with no turbulence. I was nervous yet the pilot handled that plane very well. The landing was scary and once I got off I had no complaints. On 7-31 leaving MIA to Raegan, I had a smooth, wonderful ride. I wasn't as nervous. The pilot was clear on announcements and again, the flight attendants were respectful. They gave us pretzels and we had the option to choose from juice or soda. I was extremely happy knowing it was my 2nd time flying, but officially my first time on a plane period. I was able to thank the pilot while getting off of the plane and thanking him for keeping me & the other passengers safe. I will ride American again. Thanks again American Airlines!!!

CJ Fort Dodge, IA

I fly AA whenever I can & am pleased with the customer service experience (for the most part). I find them to be helpful in changing flights or rebooking flights. They are not perfect but neither are any of the other carriers. Whenever airlines merge, there's always glitches that they have to work out. Remember Delta & Northwest. That was not fun either. It is 'work' to fly now days. The airlines are overbooked & yes, I agree too, overcharging for services. It sucks! BUT, I still prefer to fly AA. Until recently, I always got a fair trade for my advantage miles for a ticket. When recently traveling to SFO, I felt we got gouged! I've been upgraded, at no charge, to first class a few times b/c of being a Gold AAdvantage/Million Mile member. I have not witnessed the poor customer service experiences that others have mentioned & I don't think they're exclusive to AA either. If your flight is delayed, they'll give you food vouchers, depending on the circumstances, but they don't owe you a steak dinner or a hotel room at the Marriott or Hilton either.

Christine Naczki Charlotte, NC

Customer service is atrocious. Julie S. at the customer service desk would not allow both my husband and myself to accompany our minor son to the gate for his flight. She stated this had been a policy for 7 years and it was on the American Airlines website. We had both been able to pick him up at the gate the week prior with no problems. We asked for a manager and to see this "policy" in writing and were allowed neither. She was curt and condescending even after we explained we had traveled 2 hours to get to the airport. After seeking out a manager myself, I was told there was no problem with both of us going to the gate and promptly given a pass. Ms. S. needs a refresher in American Airlines Policy, discrimination, and customer service.

jscharm7 Cherry Hill, NJ

American Airlines has been able to offer me cheap and reliable flights throughout the pandemic. Although some of the flight times have changed, they are more than willing to make free adjustments to my trips.

Mary Lou Tui Mesa, AZ

Great experience. We have a child that is autistic and they did all they could to help us out. We were surprised they let us boward early as we had a hard experience with our little one, waiting to board the first time. When we were landing the pressure was to hard on his ears and he was in pain and one of the stewardess came and put warmed napkins in 2 cups and it relieved his ears as he put them over them. I thought it was genius. Everyone sought our comfort and although, I had some strange requests for him. Everyone was kind and willing.

Aaron Paxman Lehi, UT

I am a member of American Airlines because I feel you get the best service for the best price. Other airlines are way too expensive. I have enjoyed being a member for several years now. If I have trouble with any flight I can call customer service and I am always happy at the end of the phone call. They bend over backwards to make it right and I love that about them.

TL from PA Red Lion, PA

On Dec 22nd 2018 - My wife and were headed to the Key's in FL. We landed in Charlotte airport and soon found that our flight to Key West was delayed. This happened several times until that particular plane had to be sent to the hanger for repairs/service. Therefore AA had to find another plane to cover that flight. The others waiting were very upset and some even angry. Customer service agent, Robert W was so professional, kind, and courteous to the people. In my opinion he should training customer service agents.

Fran P.

I have been flying with AA since 1981. Though the service is good, the size of seats and space between them is getting RIDICULOUS. I am a normal sized woman (size 10) and I find the seats very cramped. If the person seated in front of me puts their seat in recline, there is no room to cross my legs, work on laptop, etc. Taking out at least one row of seats and adding back the inches evenly distributed fron to back would make everyone more comfortable and maybe reduce angry, unhappy passengers. Your overhead bins are very good. Food on international flights needs some serious improvement. How about yogurt and fruit for breakfast instead of the appalling "pizza" before arrival at DFW.

Steve Fels Hayden, ID

American Airlines has always held a special place in my heart. After finishing tech school in 1968 at Chanute AFB, IL I received orders for Clark AB in the Philippines. It was December 23rd, in a blizzard, that I arrived at O'Hare Airport trying to get back to San Francisco on Military Stand-by. Not only did American hold the flight for me, they put me in 1st Class and gave me a bottle of champagne. It was one of the last flights out and, for one 18 year old Airman, an experience I will never forget.

Dave Lubbock, TX

I've preferred American for years, but one recent bad experience really sticks. I received a $450 voucher for giving up a seat on a flight. The problem came when I decided to use the voucher. On July 5th I scheduled a trip for August 5-11 directly with AA. They said I needed to mail my voucher to them so they could process it. I sent it by FedEx and they received it on the 7th. I wanted to be sure is was approved before renting a car. Big mistake - by the time I learned they wouldn't process it quickly my rental car costs rose $400. I kept calling back every few days and found they just hadn't gotten around to processing my voucher - and wouldn't until the last moment. Turns out, my tickets were finally approved on the 31st of July - 5 days before we departed! Now, this voucher was issued by a computer. It was submitted with all necessary information on the 7th. It was processed by a computer. There is no reason it should take more than a day or two to process. I'll never volunteer my seat again with American. From now on, they can keep their vouchers, and I'll keep my seat. I'd rather know my flight is properly scheduled than deal with this kind of bureaucratic stupidity.

Cindy Zelbst

I don't fly commercial but about 4 times a year and the majority of my experiences are with American. I am happy to report all of my experiences have been positive. I will comment on my last experience, as it is very recent and worth telling. Recently in Miami, we had a long layover anyway. Then due to weather related issues we were delayed even longer, after being in the Miami airport for 14 hours (again mostly due to our long layover), they had to delay our flight until the next morning. Which was fine, we skipped the voucher line and got on-line and found a great hotel near the airport. (We heard the next morning of people waiting in line for 4 hours to get their hotel/meal vouchers). The very best part of this ordeal, was the pilot assigned to our flight. He was the BEST!!! He got on the speaker and kept us informed about what was going on. He was there to greet us the next morning and welcome us back and then he flew us safely to our destination. ALL airlines need more pilots and people like him. All we want to do is just to be kept informed about what is going on. It's all about just embracing the truth of the matter.

jane ellifrits Arlington, TX

I flew to kci paid 396 for round trip first class, good price, I called to see if I could leave a day early and was told it would cost 596 for a one way ticket, I declined but got to the airport early the day of the flight and ask if I could fly standby and was told no they did not look to see if there were seats available, about 3 weeks later I got a credit for my original ticket, also received a letter saying they were sorry I always fly American and because they do things like this I always will

Tina Decatur, TX

My son had open heart surgery in Rochester, MN in June 2014. As we were waiting to load the plane, the captain came out from the plane, to the waiting area and asked if we were the ones that had a person that just had open heart surgery. He then introduced himself then started to tell us how the ride would be and that we may have some turbulence. We were very impressed. I wished I had got his name. Besides that episode, we have flown quite a bit and always fly American and we have never encountered a problem with any of the staff members.

Stan Pisle Emeryville, CA

I've been flying American since they merged with TWA. My biggest complaint to date is the stopped serving Pepsi on flights last year. :( Other than that, I've always found the crews courteous, and my flights fairly comfortable. I fly a lot so normal missed flights because of weather or unforeseen circumstances are part of the deal. I've found with giving myself at least an hour between connections I rarely have a problem. Even when flights have been severely delayed (we had to make an emergency landing in Little Rock once because of woman in Labor) and I missed a couple connecting flights, American always has rebooked my flight. –And in the Little Rock case they proactively credited 5000 miles to my Advantage account. Most of my experience has been with American as a Gold or Platinum status flyer, so my experience might be a little more positive than the average person flying economy coach on a casual basis, but American treats their loyal customers well. Having flown all the major carriers, American is my go to choice. I will often take a multi-leg flight with them over direct with another carrier as I like American's customer service.

Mark Los Angeles, CA

I love American Airlines. Truly a hallmark of the legacy carriers, American has always had a superior product amongst the three big legacy carriers. The carrier went through a terrible time after 9/11 and most definitely lost its edge. However, with the merge with US Airways, American is now the largest airline in the world and is in the process of restoring its legacy as the BEST airline in the world. Inspired by their past but driven by the future, this is the NEW AMERICAN!

Marlon Hanson Red Oak, TX

I have had the best service from American Airlines of any other company over the past ten years or so. I moved from Northwest to Delta because Northwest ALWAYS lost my bags and because of really nasty gate agents. I moved from Delta to Continental because Delta was to abusive when I missed flights or had some problem that they were completely unable to handle. I left Continental when United took over and turned excellent service into worse than mediocre. Enter AA. I have never had a real significant problem with American Airlines. Sure, there is an occasional nasty gate or check in agent, but overall I find the AA people more responsive and more willing to work with me than those of any other airline. I think some of it has to do with the training they received since the vast majority of AA employees are truly courteous and great to work with. I find their Advantage program much easier to use than United's and a bit easier to use than Deltas in that I am still a member of all since I travel a great deal. I do have fear of what will ultimately happen with US Air taking over American, because I have found their employees less knowledgeable than any other airline when I traveled with them prior to the merger/takeover. I have seen a deterioration in food service since they got involved with American and a change in frequent flyer redemption levels, but not as "bad" as those of United or even Delta. They are not perfect, but who among us is? American will remain my airline of choice as long as they remain more responsive than other airlines I fly.

SebMassun Los Angeles, CA

Horrible customer service. Stuck on the plane for 3 hours in MIA, deplaned, got back on the plane, then deplaned for the rest of the day and told to rebook our own flights out the next day. Got stuck at the airport for over 12 hours and all we got was a $25 food voucher. Worst experience ever.

Xochitl Lubbock, TX

At 12:30am, I was alerted by American Airlines that my flight from Lubbock to San Diego the next morning would be delayed over 10 hrs. What?! (they probably didn't have a crew) They basically took away an entire day of my vacation. I cancelled the flight & booked with Southwest. I was told by customer service I could go online and submit a refund request when we returned from the trip. The entire process of requesting a refund is difficult and the website doesn't make sense at all. I'll probably never get my money back. DON'T FLY WITH AMERICAN!!!

Samarra Miller Fort Lauderdale, FL

This was going to be my first time flying with American Airlines. I had a vacation package booked for this weekend to Mexico flying out of MIAMI for my husband surprise birthday . All exclusive Resort (witch I was told AA was the best for these types of packages) All excited to go however the day before we leave an unexpected change (set back) happened therefore were unable to go. Thursday 5/20/21 my travel agent has been trying to get threw to anyone within Customer service as soon as she does 7 HOURS LATER and that's waiting on the call back the phone was disconnected NO ONE FROM AA had the curstey to call her back the professionalism was gone once that happened.. Moving forward to 5/21/21 at 7:30am let's try again but this time we need MANAGEMENT to be involved left a couple of VOICE MAILS and as of now still have not received a call back nor an email. (5/22/2021 1:30am ) still waiting. The disappointment and sadness I feel as a new customer words can't explain . What hurts the most is the poor customer service that could've been corrected once the phone was disconnected. Now that no one has called my agent back makes me feel like my hard earn money and the excitement I wanted to see my husband have has gone Down the drain. The thing about this is I don't want the MONEY BACK we just needed a voucher so we can rebook Within a couple of weeks. The Frustration the worrying of this whole situation has my anxiety on 10. So now instead of my husband enjoying his Birthday he has to watch me sit and worry if anything will happen if we'll receive a call back.. My fear is next week comes and AA says oh sorry there's nothing we can do it's to late but we've been trying since Thursday. I truly do understand that people are busy but for a well known company to not have one person to do call backs or the Manager that was left the VOICE MAIL not return a call is unexceptable. To move forward with using AMERICAN AIRLINES/PACKAGES has really put me in a different mindset for this company. #helpmeoutAmercianAirlines

Selina Hente Chicago, IL

WILL NEVER BE USING AMERICAN AIRLINES I had a terrible experience with American Airlines on 4/2 flight from Cabo to DFW connecting to MSP yesterday. My mom and brother are now stuck at DFW, because AA didn’t have a seat assigned for my 11 year old brother after we rushed to get through customs for our connecting flight to MSP. They told us he wasn’t checked in for the flight even though we checked him in at the San Jose/CABO airport plus his record number wasn’t connected to ours like AA PROMISED he would be. My mom had to stay behind to try to get my brother on the flight then they bumped them to standby and now may not have a chance to make it home. We were told this was AA fault; however, I am haven’t been helped at this time. Will never fly AA again if someone doesn’t resolve this issue.

Gene Glencoe, IL

Before the lock down I'd traveled a lot (30 to 35 weeks a year) and had developed preference toward AA. In my experience it adheres to schedule as much as possible , provides respectful service, the crews are friendly and professional. I used to like United or Delta more, but in the last three or four years AA proved to me as most improved.

Darryl Sr. Fritz Fountain Hill, PA

I flew to Hawaii on American and have to say from check in to boarding, on the Flight with the Flight Attendants, and then back home on American told me a lot so it was not an anomaly, Great Airline because of the Great People

Cade Boudreaux Irving, TX

I flew from Ohio to Louisiana on an American Airlines flight and was very pleased with my flight. The crew was very welcoming and I was very comfortable the entire time. I would pick American Airlines as my go to for flying anywhere.

Maria Tallahassee, FL

My favorite airline to travel with! Always very helpful and responsive with anything I need. Flights are almost always on time and the staff is very friendly. Love traveling with with them because there are never any problems.

Jay Cole

Flight attendant: I just have to say I fly a lot and the customer service with their flight attendant is Absolutely Amazing I know we all have choices to fly with who we like but hands down their customer service is Wonderful! Won't travel with anyone else

Melanie Woodruff Benton, AR

The company overall was really great. My problem was with the fact that I had requested wheelchair help at my layovers and neither time did I have one. On the way there I had a three hour layover so I could walk a few gates and rest then repeat. Coming back there was someone at the gate meeting the plane with a wheelchair but when I asked if it was for me he told me I had to have the person at the gate call for one for me. My flight was late and I had 20 minutes to get to my flight. I did quickly walk to my next gate once I figured out how to get there. Had a few moments before they closed the gate then spent a week in bed from the flair up this caused. Not sure where the mix up was because each flight I asked if it was noted that I needed to be met with a wheelchair and they assured me it would. Otherwise I would have given a 5. The gate attendants and flight attendants were amazing.

Judith Anderson McNeal, AZ

My flights where the longest I have ever taken. The layovers were terrible when you find out that your flight was canceled, you have to book another flight it was done to me on my way to Pa and then on my way back the flight for Philadelphia was late missed my flight and my family had to drive to Phoenix to pick me up instead of Tuscon Az. The whole thing was very stressful. They changed the gates on me but they don't say much on the ticket. I also fell at the Phoenix airport because the plane left before I landed with the flight from Philadelphia. Couldn't the plane make up that time once in the air?

Nicole LeBaron Provo, UT

I’ve flown with American Airlines a few times and it’s hit or miss to be honest. Flying home for the holidays was nice, plane was clean, service was good, etc. Recently, I used American Airlines flying to the Dominican Republic and the plane was tight, for how long our flight time was, o tv screen( which is fine, but expected it for our long flight) and just not a lot of leg room. It’s not a bad airline, maybe just need to be updated.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

American Airlines is affordable and provides great customer service and flight options for my family. We have had a couple of flights that have been delayed for a large amount of time, but the customer service representatives have always helped to find other options for missed flight connections. I do wish that they had a little bit more leg room on their flights. My husband is well over 6 ft and it is really not comfortable for him to fly, unless he is in an exit row, but with our kids, that is not an option.

Em P

American Airlines has excellent service. Flight Attendants are very nice and knowledgeable although a lot of gate employees are rude and arrogant, I still like American Airlines because of the flight attendant's good service on air.

Teri Hatch

i am a frequent flier and take advantage of my miles for reward travel. They make it easy to fly on miles and have upgraded their lounges. I fly with them exclusively because they are on time and demonstrate good customer service.

royboy

Never have had any problems with AA, They need to keep there long flight planes like over seas flight up to date with other air lines, all American companies need to get a grip on what they charge for baggage. Flights abroad are cheaper then what we pay for flights here in the US and the US companies have older planes, they all could make coach seats a little bit bigger, we as Americans are a bigger race in general and Asian and European flights have more seating space then we do.