The Best and Worst Big Airlines for 2015 Summer Travel
Yes, it is that time of year again. The kids are about to be out of school for about three months, so your summer vacation plans need to be made. With the help of Arizona State University graduate student Rian Bosse, data was pulled from the Bureau of Transportation Statics that measured the on-time arrival during the month of June for 2012-2014. The top six big airlines are listed below with the best on-time stat.
1. Delta Airlines. Over the past three years Delta has had a 81.89% of their flights arrive on time. It is the only major airline with a record above 80%.
2. US Airways. It has now merged with American Airlines, but you can still take some US Airways flights that do operate independently of American Airlines. US Airways has an arrival time stat of 79.69%.
Unfortunately the on time performance falls below 75% for the rest of the pack.
3. Southwest Airlines whose flights arrived on time 74.52%
4. American with a 74.29% on time arrivals.
5. JetBlue Airways is holding at 72.6%
6. United Airlines with an on time stat of 72.46%
What can you do the increase your chances of arriving on time?
1. Take the first flight of the day. The plane is already there and ready to go.
2. Keep an eye on the weather reports. If you have a couple days notice maybe you can reschedule your flight if a big storm is coming.
3. If you can, fly in August when a lot of the kids have gone back to school. The flights are not as packed as they are in June and July.
It is time to make those reservations, the flights will fill up fast.