With the focused phrase, “Motion is Life”, Withings Activite is a game changer. It was designed in Paris, France and manufactured in Switzerland and bears the “Swiss Made” label. Withings Activité looks like a standard high-quality watch but has several amazing health-focused features. It features a fine calf leather strap, impenetrable scratch-proof case, and is truly unique in its style for a fitness tracker. But it’s style is just the beginning. The Withings Activité activity tracker includes features such as:
- Steps, Calories, Distance: The Withings Activité tracks all your movements, including steps, distance, and calories.
- Sleep Tracking: Activité Pulse O2 tracks your sleep patterns and provides you with comprehensive monitoring. Then use the Health Mate app and see an in-depth graph of your sleep patterns and sleep quality.
- Alarm Clock: You can set an alarm in the Health Mate app and Activité will wake you with a gentle vibration. Also, if you forget what time you set your alarm for, simply tap on the device and Activité will spin its hands to show you the alarm time.
- Swimming Recognition: This fitness tracker is able to identify and log your swim workout. It is water resistant up to 50 meters and comes with an extra silicone watch strap for swim workouts.
- Long Battery Life: The Withings Activité has a battery life that exceeds 8 months, which is much longer than the industry standard. It works on a CR2025 button cell, so you don’t recharge, you simply change the button cell.
- Automatic Time Zone Change: Activité is connected to your smartphone and automatically displays the correct time. So, it automatically adjusts when you change time zones.
Withings truly offers a premium look and feature based product. Not only is the style and look of Withings fitness tracking devices amazing, but they have a lot of useful and awesome features! The Activité and Activité Pop track basic activity but are water resistant up to 50 meters! So, you can use this device for a large variety of workouts without worrying about water damage. The Activité and Activité Pop also have an amazing battery life which is very convenient day-to-day. The Pulse O2 also provides basic activity tracking and has a heart rate and oximetry monitor. These are rare features for a device costing $99.95. You can also wear the Pulse O2 multiple ways, making it very user-friendly and convenient for users. Overall, Withings creates high-quality products with great activity tracking features!
The Withings rating on the Better Business Bureau is a B-. This is not a terrible rating, but the rating is based off how many complaints are filed against the company and how the company handles rectifying the issues that have arisen. The low B grade indicates that Withings has not done the best job with rectifying issues that customers have had. Not only do they not have a great rating on the Better Business Bureau, but they are not accredited either. To become accredited, the business must meet 20 different standards. A majority of the standards deal with being an honest company. The company must advertise honestly, be transparent, and meet a variety of other standards to become accredited. It is much more comforting to work with a company that is accredited than not. Withings Activité is also very expensive for a fitness tracker. Unless you are wanting a high-end watch that has health-promoting features, then this product is over priced. However, Withings does offer the Activité Pop and Pulse O2, which are offered at a lower price.