Fitbit Logo
LAST UPDATED: November 8th, 2021

Fitbit has been producing fitness trackers since 2007. Fitbit has won several awards for its devices and was voted one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Journal in 2013. Fitbit's mission is "to empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life," as well as "design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be."

The Good

• Integrates with Other Apps
  • Variety of Fitness Trackers
  • Customizable Dashboard
  • Available at Multiple Retail Stores

Integrates with Other Apps

The Fitbit app integrates seamlessly with several other apps, including Lose It!, MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun. The app offers daily tracking and totals and calculates your individual average and how you progress over time.

There is also a Premium version of the app for the serious athlete, which features in-depth analyses of food, sleep, and activity that can be exported to be shared with coaches, trainers, or doctors. The Premium version will also recommend personalized fitness plans based on your results. And, of course, the app can be accessed from Apple, Android, and Windows mobile devices, as well as Macs and PCs.

Variety of Fitness Trackers

Fitbit offers a wide variety of fitness tracking options, providing trackers for a variety of lifestyles. Whether you want just to track your steps, sleep or more detailed workouts, Fitbit has a tracker for you. Ranging from $59.95 to $249.95, Fitbit provides quality products for a pretty reasonable price.

Listed below are Fitbit's tracking devices:

• Fitbit Ace
  • Fitbit Sense
  • Fitbit Alta
  • Fitbit Alta HR
  • Fitbit Force

Each Fitbit tracker is unique in appearance and offers different capabilities.

For example: Say you're looking for a simple device that tracks your steps, acts as a heart rate monitor, but isn't too big or eye-catching. You might want to look into the Fitbit Flex 2 (you could also consider the Fitbit Flex, but this may not be easy to find since it has been replaced by the Flex 2). This wearable device is one of Fitbit's slimmest wristbands and offers a variety of features, including the following:

• Swim-proof — use it for swim tracking
  • Interchangeable accessories — removable tracker fits in bands, bangles, and pendants
  • SmartTrack — automatically recognizes exercise
  • Reminders to move
  • Call and text notifications
  • Auto sleep tracking
  • Silent alarm

The display isn't informative (you'll actually have to visit the app to view your daily activity), but the device is sleek and discreet. The battery will generally last up to five days but will vary depending on your usage, settings, and other factors.

On the other hand, if you want a wearable device that acts more like a small phone. You may want to look into the Fitbit Versa 2 and 3, or the Fitbit Sense.

The Sense is a smartwatch with advanced health-tracking capabilities. You can still track your heart rate and steps, but the device also comes with several tools for stress management, heart health, Sp02, skin temperature, and more. An on-wrist EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity, which indicates your body's response to stress. The Sense also has an ECG app that assesses your heat for atrial fibrillation (AFib), a common heart rhythm irregularity. You can download hundreds of apps for fitness, sports, games, and more. The battery life generally lasts up to six days but will vary depending on your usage, settings, and other factors.

Overall it depends on what you want and your preferences. Luckily, Fitbit offers such a variety of products that you're bound to find something that fits your lifestyle.

Customizable Dashboard

A major advantage of Fitbit is its tracking software. The dashboard can be customized to quickly check the details you're most interested in.

Available at Multiple Retail Stores

If you're thinking of buying a Fitbit activity tracker, there are a few different places you can look.

Fitbit has partnered with the following retailers:

• Amazon
  • Macy's
  • Academy Sports + Outdoors
  • QVC
  • HSN

The Bad

• Proprietary Charging Cords
  • Need the Wireless Dongle
  • Large Recall

Proprietary Charging Cords

The downside of Fitbit products is the requirement to use proprietary charging cords; if you misplace yours, you won't be able to charge your Flex or One until you've bought a new cord (the Zip's 3V coin battery lasts six months).

Need the Wireless Dongle

Additionally, if you're syncing with your computer, you'll need to use Fitbit's wireless dongle. The dongle will plug into any USB port, but it's tiny and very easy to misplace. Replacement charging cords or wireless dongles are only $19.95 each; however, the costs could add up if you tend to lose things.

Large Recall

Fitbit issued a massive recall of its Force tracker in February 2014. After some Force users complained of skin irritation — specifically, allergic contact dermatitis to the nickel content in the core piece — Fitbit issued a voluntary recall on all Forces and offered consumers full refunds. Although the skin allergy affected only about 1.7 percent of Force owners, those that developed it experienced redness, rashes, and blistering where their skin had been exposed to the tracker. No skin complications have been reported with Fitbit's other devices, and the Fitbit Force is no longer sold by Fitbit.

The Bottom Line

Fitbit trackers are popular for a reason: they're comfortable, efficient, easy to use and come with the support of an outstanding app. Fitbit trackers are also compatible with almost any phone, tablet, or computer. This is a huge benefit in comparison to many of the tracker companies on the market, whose devices are limited in terms of compatibility — if you opt for the Sony SWR10 or the Samsung Gear Fit, for example, you may find yourself needing a new brand of tracker each time you upgrade to another cell phone.

Another thing we like about Fitbit is the variety of trackers available. There is a massive selection of wearable devices that offer a variety of features. Whether you plan on using your Fitbit for working out, tracking your health, or simply as a smaller phone, there is a device for you.

3.9

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

I love how lightweight and small Fitbit's are and yet they can track all of my steps and mileage that I get throughout the day. As a woman, I love how it looks more like jewelry than gym wear. It is very sleek and thimble. I also love how affordable it is to perform the basic fitness functions that I am seeking.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Fitbit products are second to none for the value. The feature they offer in their tech is superb along with the battery life. If you're solely seeking fitness tracking get one of these. Best priced tracker available.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I have had a fitbit for a few years and recently I just purchased the new fitbit sense. I love the increasing technology. What attracted me to the sense was it's ability to detect O2 and scan for heart abnormalities through the built in ekg feature. It has so many things all in one smart watch. I can make calls and read text from my wrist, I can find my phone if I misplace it, I can use a smart assistance such as Alexa, It lets me see my heart rate in real time, use a calandar, use third party apps and so much more. I dropped a pretty penny ($400) for this fit bit, but in my opinion it was worth every penny. There are also premium features you can add to the app, like workouts and challenges. There are only a couple of kinks I am having. One is the silicone band that comes with the watch is irritating my skin. I find I have to continuously switch arms to give one side a break if wearing all the time, which I do. Lastly, it does constantly seem to unsync with my phone, causing me to have to resync it every couple of weeks. Other than that, I love it!

KimDugan Kailua, HI

Shoutout to the Apple Watch underdogs! I had a FitBit Blaze when it first came out and loved it dearly. Granted, this version was not waterproof, only splash resistant and ruggedized, but I loved it dearly. It did not start to fail me until about 3 years after purchase and some heavy use. When I say heavy use, I mean that I can be rough with certain electronics. After all, I bought a FitBit to wear for FITNESS TRACKING. It took some serious abuse. I wore it while boxing, running, hiking, and pretty much any other exercise except for swimming. Considering all that I put it through, FitBits are a great investment. They work on iPhones and Androids and the newer models are starting to mimic the same-ish capability sets as Apple Watches. If you don't need to be ridiculously tied to your phone, I would say to opt for a FitBit as opposed to an Apple Watch because of the wide variety that is available. You can get a FitBit that simply tracks a few metrics or you can get a FitBit that tracks your activities, sleep patterns, and works with its relative application and reads/writes text messages, etc. If you are looking for more options, choose a FitBit. If you want EVERYTHING, maybe go with an Apple Watch if you are married to Apple.

S D Rio Rancho, NM

I would give zero if possible. I purchased the Versa 2 on Amazon and a 2 year warranty on Fitbit.com. The product was extremely inaccurate for step counting, only has specific music stream apps available, and I feel a difficult interface. I returned it to Amazon. I realized today that the warranty hadn't been refunded and contacted Fitbit immediately upon realizing I needed to request the refund due to no longer having the product. They denied my request as there is a 45 day return policy and today is 46. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor said they would send an email to address the escalation. Once receiving the e-mail, it stated to contact square Trade to communicate my issue; no contact information for ST was included. So m5 hours after initially contacting Fitbit I looked up ST and had a refund in minutes. Fitbit has extremely poor, insufficient, un-resourceful, super frustrating, time consuming customer service practices and personnel. I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from this company again all because you wouldn't refund a warranty purchase, on a returned item, due to my request being 46/45 days from purchase. It's cool, Square Trade took care of me with world class treatment! Everyone I know will be persuaded to choose outside of Fitbit.

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Great for keeping track of your sleep and heart rate on top of steps and activity. The app that goes with is easy to use and worth the price.

John Cusick Minneapolis, MN

I have been a proponent of Fitbit products since 2014. I have had multiple Charges. I've had an Ionic (and a replacement one) and most recently the Sense. I have even had two of their weight scales. I have put faith in my ability to troubleshoot (with and without Support) and give the product and the company the benefit of the doubt by getting replacements and giving it another shot. I'm here to tell you I'm tired and absolutely DONE trying to support Fitbit. The product quality has gotten worse and worse and their inability to be accountable for poor product quality is embarrassing. The most recent group of products just stopped charging or turning on after updates. And, yes, I have done the updates as suggested and done everything to keep the product in its best state. But, I am constantly disappointed. My Sense stopped charging after JUST 4 MONTHS of use. Support was understanding but had no recourse for me other than a replacement (after the only 45 days of opportunity for a full refund). A replacement of a poor product is not worth my time and, frankly, it shouldn't be the consumer's role to replace your product more often because you made it poorly to begin with. Spending hundreds of dollars has only gotten me more time calling Support and waiting for my next shipment of a replacement to come in. So, long story short, I'm done with Fitbit. Buy at your own risk.

Tammy Koch St Louis, MO

I've owned and used a few different Fitbit trackers for years. Some have stopped working but I had insurance that replaced them. My most recent has been the Charge HR 2, which after a while it wasn't accurate. They've also left sores on my wrist.

Doug Foerch Libertyville, IL

This is a good product to track steps and pulse. The cost is higher than some other similar products that do the same thing.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I have had several Fitbit products and have been satisfied with most of them. I like the sleep features so I could see how restful my sleep was and always disappointed in how bad I actually slept. I did have issues with bands breaking but replacements were always easy to find. If you are looking for a simple step meter and sleep tracker then the simple Fitbit is for you.

Josie Toung Tallahassee, FL

I absolutely love my FitBit Charge 2! I have been wearing every day for about a year now and I use bit time. I think my favorite thing about it is when I have been sitting down for too long and it says "Take me for a walk!" or "Want to go for a stroll?" It makes me laugh and it makes me get up. I also love that I can set an alarm to my fitbit as well because my phone alarm does not always wake me up but the gentle vibrations on my wrist does the trick. I can track how many calories I've burned, how many steps I have taken, I can time my rest when I am working out, I can see my heart rate while exercising or climbing up my apartment stairs AND with the app, I can see how much sleep I am actually getting. All around I love it, I really don't have any complaints other than I have to charge it every other day or so but it only takes about 30 minutes to charge so I don't have to take any steps without getting credit!

Carol Lorraine Bruneau Missoula, MT

I have the Fitbit Charge. It is the third model I have owned. It does everything I need to be aware of my daily exercise. But the very best part about Fitbit is the customer service they provide. I lost my first Fitbit Force in the Denver airport. It was on my wrist one minute, and not the next. I wrote to Fitbit and they replaced it with a brand new Flex (the Force had been discontinued). After using my Flex for a couple of years, I decided to upgrade to a Charge. I like the extra information it provides and the ability to use it as a watch. My Charge worked well for about 6 months, but it started to show signs of wear. The band was separating from the device. Eventually the button fell off making it mostly useless. Again, I wrote to Fitbit. And again, my Charge was replaced with a brand new one. Now that is what I call company service!!! I am a brand loyal customer for life.

TJ Wiley Chambersburg, PA

Have had my Fitbit One for 3 years. Went through the wash once but not the dryer. Still works. Only wear it during the day but everyday, all day long. It keeps me motivated. I NEED to get my 10000 steps in a day. I will get on the treadmill before bed if for some unforeseen reason I don't get my steps in during the day. It's a great motivator. My son, daughter and several friends all have one. We challenge and cheer each other through the Fitbit site/app. Can't say enough good things about Fitbit. Only problem I've had is that two times in 3 years it wouldn't turn on...but that is easily fixed using instructions found in the FAQ on the Fitbit site.

Cathy Engen Minneapolis, MN

I have nothing but positive comments for Fitbit - I have a Surge and I ADORE it!! Love the detailed tracking it gives me!! I have made a couple of suggestions that I feel would make the user experience even better. My daughter has the Charge that we gave her for Christmas, and after using it for 4 months, her main toggle button fell off. I had her contact Fitbit, and they sent her out a replacement, no questions asked. She received it in 2 days - we were thrilled - however, the new one would not take any charge. She contacted them again, and they express shipped her a new device (yay!). We are absolutely impressed by their service to us, and their quick response to us - we now consider ourselves "lifer's" with Fitbit!!!

Melinda Charleston, WV

I started out with the Fitbit Flex. Loved it and had great customer service when it stopped keeping a charge. I later upgraded to the Fitbit Charge. Loved my charge and the ability to see my phone calls coming through. Now, I have upgraded to the Fitbit Surge. I can say now not only can I see my calls but also texts. I love Fitbit products. I hate when I have to take them off to charge. The fitbit has become an attachment to me that makes me get more exercise daily because I can watch my progress. I have friends that have the Apple watch and I am more impressed with my Fitbit Surge than I am with their Apple watches. Great job Fitbit!

Lisa Riley Indianapolis, IN

I have a Fitbit Charge. And overall, love it! It's great how well it integrates with MyFitnessPal that I also use, and I like how it does both stairs and steps. Might want to add the Charge HR next time for even better accuracy on counting cal's. Only downsides would be that it doesn't count if my arm isn't moving, so all those trips at Sam's, the grocery, etc ... no steps counted! Yes, you can put it in your pocket and then it will, but not everything has a pocket. A great accessory for Fitbit to come out with is a way to temporarily pop it out of the wristband into something you can pick or clip to clothing, or a longer band for ankles maybe! But overall, VERY pleased with my Fitbit! :)

Jackie Ocilla, GA

I LOVE MY FITBIT CHARGE ... I'm not an athlete and I don't really like exercising ... The Fitbit, though, has motivated me to move/exercise on a regular basis. I used to walk as least as possible but now I take every opportunity to walk and to make each step count. I have Fitbit friends who really challenge and encourage me. I also track my meals and water intake. And although it doesn't keep it's charge like it used to (only 4 1/2 mos. old), I am still happy that I bought one. I have made some serious lifestyle changes and I feel great ... It has certainly gotten me started down the right path.

Janine Walsh Pottstown, PA

My Fitbit Charge HR has been an excellent motivator for me. I've had mine since March & have had no problems with it what so ever. I only wish it were waterproof, that's the only change I would suggest. I am able to manually calculate calories burned during swimming by linking to My Fitness Pal. I'm down 15lbs by eating healthy(not dieting) & meeting my Fitbit daily goals each day. Lifestyle changes, it's what works. And my Fitbit has definitely helped me to get & stay on track. But it won't help or motivate you, if you aren't in the right mind set to do the work for your own health.

Kelly Spaulding Carmel, IN

I had my FitBit for about 6 months when it quit working. I tried to reset it, reinstalled the app, cleaned it, etc. and nothing worked. Since I received it as a gift, I didn't think there was anything else I could do. A friend of mine suggested I go ahead and call customer service - so glad I did! They walked me through all of the steps to re-set it and when they realized it wouldn't work, they sent me a brand new one absolutely free! I didn't have a receipt so I was pleasantly surprised. I probably would have tried something else had I not had this great experience - now I'm going to get a FitBit for my daughter! It helps to know that if something happens, they have excellent customer service and will fix the problem or send a new product. Very happy!

Tara Banninger Slatington, PA

I have the flex.. LOVE IT.. my friend got me into it when she was running in place inthe kitchen when I was visiting (she looked like a crazy woman) and I was like "what are you doing". She was like " i have to beat so and so and they are ahead". Then she went on to explain how her and her hubby have the fit bit and that they are in weekly contests with their friends. I immediately got on my phone, went to Amazon and ordered mine to arrive by Tuesday! I haven't taken it off (accept to charge it) and LOVE it. The daily and workweet hustle with friends keeps me motivated.. even pushing me to move to "get up there" in steps. I've lost 12 lbs - and I feel amazing. It also tracks my sleep - which is I love!

A. Alpert Potsdam, NY

I have now had two Fibits and I love them both. I originally got the flex when it was the top of the line product and the only problem I had with it was the clasp broke and my Fitbit fell off and I lost it. I contacted the company and they replaced it right away! I upgraded to the Charge HR when that came out and I love that too! This one broke one day when I plugged it in and I contacted Fitbit and with almost no issues they replaced this one as well. They have phenomenal customer service which is why despite dealing with a couple of minor design issues, that caused the loss of one and breaking of a second I continue to stick with the company. Each time they release a new product they fix the issues from the first and I love a company that does that and continues to learn as they grow.

Rhonda Saint Paul, MN

Over time, I have had 4 Fitbit's. I am currently using both a flex and a surge. The surge is so accurate. I use a polar heart rate monitor and the surge tracks number for number with that. The online/phone app are fantastic and I am so happy that you can use difference devices to track. The customer service is OUTSTANDING and On top of my experiences, my husband had heart issues and each time he is in the doctors office, they take his blood pressure and pulse. Again, his surge measures accurately that the cardiologists were impressed. We love our Fitbit's! This is my number one recommendation and I have 3 other tracking devices by others.

Kimberly Wooster Phoenix, AZ

In 37 years I have rarely, if ever, encountered customer service on the level that Fitbit displays. It should be called Customer Appreciation the way they practice it. I have owned 2 Fitbit One devices and currently own my first Fitbit Charge HR. My husband scrimped and saved to buy my first Fitbit One for Mother's Day and I adored it. Sometime the 2nd day I had it, the device was lost from my pocket at an outlet mall. After using my phone for 2 hours with the bluetooth on to try and locate it I was crushed at the realization that I had lost such an expensive gift. I called my husband crying and he tried to console me. On the long drive home he called Fitbit to see if they could possible track it or at least disable it so whoever found it couldn't use it. Now get this, without even asking, Fitbit replaced my lost/stolen One....I was blown away. They actually cared about us as customers and appreciated how much that $100 purchase was to us. I kept that next One cradled next to me at all times and when the Charge HR came out I passed my old One on to my husband. Turns out, this story is not uncommon. I've heard from friends and family that they experienced similar amazing customer service. I only hope that now they are a public company that their amazing products and service stay true to form!

Celia Kent Girard West Warwick, RI

I have a Fitbit One™ because I don't like anything plastic around my wrist. I find that I can pretty much place it anywhere and get consistent readings from day-to-day. This fancy little tool has really helped me in my weight loss journey and my mission to get healthier by motivating me to walk just a little further, take just a few more steps. Step, stair and sleep tracking seem fairly accurate to me. Most impressive, however, was the time I didn't realize it was still on the clothing I threw in the washer. Made it through a wash and half of a dry cycle before I found it. And, I found it in good working order---and nice and clean!! :)

Lauren WOrd Tacoma, WA

I have been a user since 2012. I have had three different styles. I first had the Fitbit Ultra. I lost it/drenched it/etc. They replaced it for me. When it quit working and the One came out they gave me a new One to replace my Ultra. (I also initially had trouble getting fitbit to work on a Mac and regularly sent detailed diagnostic reports to them, so that is part of the reason they sent me a second new Fitbit.) I wanted the Fitbit Force but it was pulled from the market before I could purchase one. So I waited, quite impatiently, for the next wrist-wearable fitbit to become available. I wanted it to tell time unlike the Flex. So when the Fitbit Charge came out I purchased one immediately. I have since purchased two more Fitbits, Charge HR's, for my husband and son. I talked a friend into purchasing the Surge. The product is awesome and the customer service is spectacular. It is because of the initial customer service and their willingness to make it "right" when I had trouble getting my first fitbit to sync with my mac that I have not purchased another brand of device. Fitbit is THE BEST. (All Mac syncing issues have been fixed over the course of the past four years.)

Tookie McAbee Day Jackson, TN

I have had the Fitbit flex and now have it and also the Charge HR. I loved my flex but after several months it would get where I couldn't get it to charge. It is like the charger stretches and the battery is not tight in the charger anymore. BUT fitbit has the best customer service of any company. After trying everything the first time I wrote them and they sent me a replacement. I went several months and it started doing it again. This time I didn't write for about 10 days and during that time my husband must have gotten tired of me complaining and "whining" about not having my fitbit because on Sunday he handed me his debit card and said please go buy one. I bought the Charge HR and love it. After buying the Charge HR on Sunday I get an e-mail on Monday saying they are sending me another Flex. So now I will never be without my FItbit!!! As a 66 year old female "runner" the fitbit has helped me. Having my friends on Fit bit has made me a healthier person because they motivate me to walk and run every day. My daughter let me borrow her Gramin Vivo and I don't think I looked at it but 2 or 3 times because looking at numbers was not the same as having my friends to compare too. I have been a Fitbit user since 2/1/14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wattley Cleveland, OH

I'm rating Fitbit as a company overall and not any particular products. I find their sales force very unprofessional, pushy, and arrogant. No willingness to deal with clients other than with a "my way or the highway" type of mentality. On a professional level, the decision to work with them was not in my hands. On a personal level, I'm so disgusted with dealing with them that I've ditched my fitbit and now rely on an OZO Fitness device. It may be lower tech, but I can at least buy in to OZO's excellent customer service and positive outlook.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Fitbit has change how we all track fitness and health markers. It has improved the mobility and real time results more than any other single device. I highly recommend Fitbit as it will help change your routines for a healthier outlook. My experience has been incredibly positive, and I am constantly surprised with how simple the watch platform is to use and track that it makes me wonder how we ever survived without it.

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

Purchased a Fitbit Charge 2 for both my wife and I. It's replaced out watches for telling time and it gives you a good indication of how much physical activity you have gotten throughout the day. Some of the features don't seem useful to me but the heart rate and step counter get used every day. The Fitbit also had been quite durable. The ability to sync with my phone is nice as I can get a weekly update too.

Paul A. Dickey Roseville, CA

Using my Fitbit is an important part of my life and I don't know what else to do without it. Being able to monitor my health routines as well as compete with my family members is fun to watch. In fact, we also you the Fitbit scale to check on ourselves in terms of progress. We also used the warranty when we had a problem and they gave us a new one, which was a fantastic service experience.

Sk8rmom

I love my blaze Fitbit. It's become apart of my body and would be so lost without it. I love how it makes me accountable, when I dont get my steps in it gives me the want to make sure I do. Love how I can challenge friends on different goals etc. Highly suggest anyone get a Fitbit and become more active. The only down sides I have come across are it doesnt always sync and the list of activities doesn't include figure skating.

GInnyB Waterbury, CT

I started with the ONE, moved on to the FORCE which was recalled, and they sent me a full refund. I moved on to the FLEX (which I still have) and then when the CHARGE HR was released I was elated because it had all the same, and more, options that the FORCE had. I wish that Apple would honor the FitBit app on their Apple Phone and I'd switch back to the ONE for the days I want wear the watch. Until then, loving my CHARGE HR!

Josephine Jarvis Hachita, NM

My daughter had left her Fitbit on the ladder to the pool and went for a swim. The whirlpool she and her siblings created sent the Fitbit to the ground where one of our dogs picked it up. They chewed up the band but not a scratch was found on the Fitbit itself. I called to find out where to get a new band and I was sent a completely new Fitbit! that was way above and beyond.

Rebecca Stewart Warner Robins, GA

I previously owned a Fitbit Flex and I now own the Fitbit Charge HR. I loved my flex (when I could get it to charge). Initially it charged correctly but within a month or so it began to be difficult to get to charge. I had to wrap rubber bands around it and do all sorts of things to get it to work. This lead me to purchasing the Charge HR when it came out. I actually wanted the Surge but I have such a small wrist that I couldn't pull off the small version no matter how much I tried. I ended up with the Charge HR (small) which is still a little late on my wrist but is bearable. The HR works like a dream. I find the heart rate monitor accurate within a few beats of taking my pulse manually. Step/distance tracking are also just as accurate. The auto sleep function works perfectly. It always know exactly when I lay down. It is so much easier than how you monitored your sleep with the Flex. The caller ID is a nice feature but one that I feel could have been left out. It only vibrates once to let you know you have an incoming call (so I end up missing the call because it also silences my ringer on Samsung S6). The alarm is one of my favorite things. I use it to wake by as well as several other alarms throughout the day for various reminders. The companion app/website is very useful. The challenges are nice but I think that the could be better. More variety and also include some solo challenges. Overall, I would highly recommend this activity tracker to anyone. It's accurate, looks nice, not overly large (despite my small wrist) and has a great app/website.

Chris Garton Sanford, NC

I've got the FitBit One. I do love it! It makes me stop taking shortcuts, park further away, make more trips back and forth to the car. I got it primarily out of curiosity. Not for the product but for my step count at work. I am on my feet all day long sometimes 14 hours (Own/operate a consignment store) so I was always wondering how many miles I clocked just by working on my feet all day. I average about 4 miles a day just working my shop. CONS: The face is totally scratched up and I agree about the band. It pops off far too easily. Other than than that? I LOVE IT!

Ken High Point, NC

I used the Flex for about a year before giving it to my Mom when I upgraded to the Surge. I loved the Flex, but I adore the Surge. I use it to track my bike rides and I use it in the pool for my aqua zumba and water aerobics classes. I know FitBit strongly discourages using their products in the water, even though they are water resistant. I used both the Flex and the Surge for my water workouts 3-5 times per week for over a year on the Flex and for the past 3 months with the Surge. I've had no issues.

Kevin Gant San Antonio, TX

Third Fitbit. Love the product. Their customer service is top notch. First was a Force, with the recall. I didn't have any issues with the rash but went ahead and replaced mine with a Flex. I thought that Fitbit handled the recall very well. Used a Flex for quite a while, but missed the "floors climbed" that I had with the Force. My Flex stopped charging and syncing after about 6 months. Fitbit confirmed the issue [that was a little unnerving - too Big Brother-ish for my taste] and sent me a return authorization for a new Flex. When Charge was released, I waited for the HR version. Very happy. Actually showed sleep and HR data to my Dr in order to request a new sleep study.

Michal Austin Potwin, KS

I LOVE my Fitbit! I have the Ultra and it is amazing! The battery life is exceptional and the customer service beats every other company out there. My first Fitbit was defective and the company replaced it within 2 days with no questions asked. The app has all you need to help you track all aspects of weight loss and healthy living, and the social aspect gives you extra motivation. It is amazing how addicting this little electronic gadget is! I'd leave the house without my phone before leaving without my Fitbit!

Terri Thau Johnson Virginia Beach, VA

I love the motivation it gives me. Helped me stay active enough to lose 60 lbs. When mine quit working one day I called customer service. The went through a couple troubleshooting steps and put a new one in the mail to me. I didn't even have to send the broken one back! Your customer service rocks AND the person one the other end spoke english CLEARLY!!! that gets my business every time.

Tracey T. Booneville, KY

I am very satisfied with all of the Fitbit models I have used so far, I have had the flex, charge HR and also the surge for a short time as well. Although with the surge I found that it was too wide for my wrist so I gave it to my husband. The track activity and sleep very well and it does a lot to keep me motivated in reaching my step goal for the day. Would gladly recommend these to everybody.

William Norvell Baltimore, MD

I received mine as a christmas present from my family, It took some time to get it to work correctly but when it did it was great. Then about may or june I had a problem and that it would not sync and stopped recording my workouts. I contacted Fitbit and within a few hours they were sending me a new unit, and have not had a problem since. Their customer service dept is the best that I have ever had to deal with.

Susan Caruso Hanover, NH

I have been using fitbits for years! I have always gotten the fast, professional and outstanding service from their customer service team. Recently I emailed them about my Charge starting to peel a little bit on the edges and within 2 hours, I had a reply back that they were sending me a new one. Can't ask for better than that! Would love them to come out with a waterproof Charge so I don't have to tie my fitbit to my pony tail when i jog in the pool.

Lori D. Buffalo, NY

I bought the Flex in May of 2014 and have been very happy with it. In June of 2015 I couldn't get it to charge any more. I contacted support via their website and chatted with an agent who was very helpful. Within a week I was sent a new fitbit and charger at no cost to me. Incredible customer service and product. Makes me more active that I ever was or thought I was.

Claudia Lozano Hallandale, FL

I have had the Force, which was great and used almost a full year. Never had issues with the recall and only replaced it at the end of the year when I lost it. I also had the Flex which was very good and reliable and even gave it to my mother when I was given the Charge as a X-mas gift. Unfortunately that last one broke down for no apparent reason when the casing popped open without any hit or force applied, but Customer Service was awesome and it was replaced. The software is the best out there and most comprehensive and does not even compare with the Apple Watch, so now I have the charge and the Apple Watch one on each hand. Just wish the Apple Watch software was as good as Fitbit.

Robin Thomas Charleston, WV

I bought a Fitbit Flex and then two Fitbit Charge's, one for me and one for my Spouse. I have had no problems with the Fitbits except the bands, we do not like the clasps and bands on the fitbit and wish they were velco or made a little easier to put on. The plastic display on the Fitbit Charge gets scratched easy. Other than that, I love it and can't wait to see what comes after these as I am hoping that this is just the beginning of the Fitbits and the company will get a more stylish version in the future.

Diana Hoyt Center Ossipee, NH

When I purchased my FitBit Force at Best Buy a couple of years back, I left the store, put it on in the car, drove 30 minutes to grocery store, went in and the device at some point came off my wrist. I noticed it was missing just before we left the store We searched the store but it was never found. I wrote to FitBit letting them know my disappointment with the clasp but not having expected anything to come of it. The immediately replaced the device! I was thrilled at their quick response. I used it every day until the band broke (I was touch on it). I haven't yet replaced it (am saving for the Surge) but will replace with another FitBit product. I had been using My Fitness Pal for quite some time prior to owning a FB so it was seamless to integrate the two. The only thing I wish it to be is slightly more traditional style watch. I do like the style of the Apple Watch only in that it is interchangeable with bands allowing it to coordinate with less sporty clothing. I wear my device 24/7 so I wish it were more stylish. Otherwise, love the product and customer service was great.

Sandy Ysen Sundin International Falls, MN

I had my fitbit flex for two years prior to upgrading to my Charge HR. During the duration of having a flex, I lost it on a walk....Fitbit Customer Service sent me a new one. Can't ask for better then that! I am very happy with my Charge HR, I enjoy knowing how many calories I actually BURN during my fitness sessions and being able to set it is very helpful to me.

Mike Methuen, MA

I love Fitbit! Having said that, there are things I wish were a little better, but all in all I love Fitbit. I started with a One. It tracked steps and stairs and night activity. Hated that and never wore the bracelet but loved the steps and stairs. Lost my One and replaced it with a Zip. I was being cheap and should not have because the Zip does not track stairs and uses a battery. First Zip needed to be replaced. Fitbit has AWESOME customer support! Lost the new Zip and replaced it with a Flex thinking that I would be less likely to lose my arm than another tracker. Was wary of the phantom steps that may be caused by hand movement but their system is very accurate even on my dominant hand. Great battery life too BUT still no stairs. I'll need to finally get a Charge to get my stairs back. This is the only other thing I wish was different - either that the Flex tracked stairs or that you could get credit or a discount for upgrading an existing unit. I use my iPhone apps for GPS and route tracking, so I don't really need all the bells and whistles from the Charge HR or other models - I just want my stair tracker back. I live in a 3-story house!!!

Karen Winchester, VA

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Zip. It has been connected to my hip since Nov. 2013. I have not had any problems. Did need to get a new cover. Being able to check my mileage has gotten me to a n average of 5-6 miles a day - pretty cool. And I utilize the Dashboard to log in all that I eat to keep a close eye on calories in vs. calories out. This has helped be maintain my 30 lb weight loss.

Skeeter A. Strasburg, VA

I have a Fitbit Charge that I love. I have not had any problems with it at all. It keeps me motivated to get my 10,000 steps a day an to get up and out the door every morning except when it is raining, and even then if it is not raining too hard, out the door I go. My wife has a Fitbit flex. It began giving her trouble about a week ago. The company walked me through several fixes that did not work. Yesterday, we got an email that said a replacement was on the way. I have nothing but good things to say about this product.