The Basis Peak fitness device tracks:
- The Basis Peak does not just track the number of hours you have slept, but it tracks your REM cycles, your deep sleep, your restlessness sleep, and it creates a sleep score for you to help you understand your sleep patterns over time.
- The calories you have burned day and night are recorded by the watch-like device. You can easily have the full count from each day, easily accessed so that you know where you stand.
- Most fitness trackers will track your steps whether you are walking or running, which the Basis Peak does, but it also tracks your biking distance like it does for your steps – automatically.
- The sensors the watch has that touches your body has the ability to determine your heart rate. This is a 24/7, automatic, tracking ability. You can see how your heart rate responds to inactivity and activity.
- Believe it or not, the device tracks your perspiration levels, too. You can begin to understand your varying or very patterned exertion levels.
Your skin temperature is being taken as well by the watch. You are able to see how your body does with varying conditions.
You can stay easily connected through the Basis Peak. You can receive texts, emails, calls, and even calendar events all through your watch. The syncing capabilities (to iPhones and Androids) allows you to receive the varying messages, phone calls, and event reminders so that you can always be kept up to date.
The four sensors, 24/7, optical heart rate engine, 3-axis accelerometer, skin temperature and galvanic skin response you are sure to have your activity and your body’s responses tracked. The automatic activity, sleep, and heart rate tracking enables you to just put the watch on and go. To make the watch even less maintenance, it is water resistant to 5ATM so you are good to go swimming.
Some fitness trackers can last up to a month on just one charge, the Basis Peak is not included in that list. The charge lasts up to just four days. You are going to miss out on activity being tracked. There is sleep, steps, heart rate, temperature, and others that could be tracked, but because it needs to be charged so often you are missing out on some data points that could have helped you work towards your goal.
Basis Peak is not rated nor are they accredited on the Better Business Bureau. You do not get to see how they respond to customer’s complaints or see if they meet the twenty different standards the bureau requires for any business to be accredited by them. The standards are mostly about being an honest company, and without that accreditation or a rating you are taking a bit of a stab in the dark as to whether or not they are a good company.
Report this review
What is the issue?*
Thank you, but you have already reported this review